BOL Conferences
Page 45 of 94 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 93 94
Thread Options
#1303536 - 12/11/09 03:10 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 QCL
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
No. You don't double list fees. If they go in Block 4 and you allow the borrower to shop, you give them a list of Recommended Providers. If you don't let them shop, just pick a provider.

Return to Top
RESPA
#1303580 - 12/11/09 03:35 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 ahou
ahou Offline
Power Poster
ahou
If the bank understates a fee that is part of the origination fee on the GFE - $100, should be $50. Do we show $100 on the comparison chart in both the GFE column and the HUD-1 column because it is a zero tolerance charge or do we have to show $100 in the GFE column and the $50 in the HUD-1 column with a $50 lender credit (POC) on line 808?

Return to Top
#1303586 - 12/11/09 03:39 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 ahou
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Whatever was listed on the GFE is listed in the GFE column of the Comparison Chart. Since this is a 0% tolerance, you can't charge the borrower more. Therefore, the underestimated amount is listed in the HUD-1/1A column of the tolerance table. Then you'll list the lender eating it (POC) in the 800s.

Return to Top
#1303610 - 12/11/09 03:52 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 David Dickinson
ahou Offline
Power Poster
ahou
Sometimes when we do the HUD, we haven't rec'd a billing for the abstract & clerk of court. After closing, when we receive these bills and the fee is more than indicated on the HUD, but within the 10% tolerance, do we have to send a revised HUD? Since the difference in the fees is within the tolerance, can we collect the difference from the customer?

Return to Top
#1303632 - 12/11/09 04:05 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 ahou
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
The HUD is supposed to be exact. If you don't know what the exact $ is, you can use an average charge.

Let's assume you know at the time of closing the fee: If the fee is more, but within the tolerance, you charge the borrower the actual fee.

Return to Top
#1303695 - 12/11/09 04:37 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 RR Joker
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
For my daily Owners Title Insurance rant/question:

If the borrower comes to you with a sales contract, and said contract contains the provision that the seller is selecting and paying for the OTI, then would you still be required to list ot on the GFE since it is clearly outlined in the sales contratc the the custoemr will not be responsible for it?

Return to Top
#1303707 - 12/11/09 04:45 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 #Just Jay
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
I'm getting questions about abstracts here....since the abstract fee is based on how many pages the abstract company adds (or so i hear) how is this going to be known at time of application? i assume this fee would go in either block 3 or 6 depending on whether we let them shop for it? and since the range of prices can vary greatly it sounds like from case to case, do we just shoot really high on the GFE? sorry, i'm pretty new at all this and i don't understand this one...

Return to Top
#1303711 - 12/11/09 04:50 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 raitchjay
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
JJ-Unfortunately, HUD could care less about any seller paids spelled out in the contract. As I read it, they must be disclosed on the GFE.

Return to Top
#1303762 - 12/11/09 05:20 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 #Just Jay
Jerod Moyer Offline
Platinum Poster
Jerod Moyer
Sioux Falls, SD
From the 11/19 FAQ, GFE Seller Paid #2:

RESPA requires that only the borrower receive a GFE. The GFE is defined as an estimate of settlement charges a borrower is likely to incur in connection with the settlement. Charges that typically would not be charged to the borrower, but would be charged to another party—such as the seller—do not have to be included on the GFE. However;

If the borrower typically would incur charges for title services and lender’s and owner’s title insurance, the GFE instructions make it clear that those charges are required to be listed regardless of whether, for example, the contract (AKA Purchase Agreement) requires the seller to pay for the service. [further illustrated by RESPA FAQ – GFE Block 5 #2]

Return to Top
#1303815 - 12/11/09 06:00 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Jerod Moyer
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
ugh.. I even have that part highlighted.... thanks Captain Buzzkill...

They have something against the title compnaies here, don't they?

Return to Top
#1303822 - 12/11/09 06:06 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 #Just Jay
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
pats JJ on the head and slips a sedative into his water... There there, Jay, the rest of us Wisconsinites are just grinning and bearing it. It's time to let go of this one.... come on, you can do it!

Return to Top
#1303824 - 12/11/09 06:09 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Truffle Royale
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
These rules havemade me the single most hated person in the bank... I am being shunned worse than the arts and crafts department! frown

Return to Top
#1303828 - 12/11/09 06:13 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 #Just Jay
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Ah but read this thread. If I'm reading it correctly, that's going to give us a big break in the 10% tolerance box. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) They may like you better than glue real soon. wink

Return to Top
#1303835 - 12/11/09 06:17 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Truffle Royale
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I have my first "official" training today. Processing and Underwriting sat in on a webinar the other day, but I am doing one today for Closing and my Initial Disclosure people at 2,then my first group of LO's Monday morning.

Return to Top
#1303843 - 12/11/09 06:25 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 TB 12
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
My formal recommendations for compliance:

Discontinue all consumer purpose lending, and focus on owner-occupied commercial lending only.

Yeah!! Now onto Reg E!

Return to Top
#1304040 - 12/11/09 08:48 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 RR Joker
FABCompliance Offline
Illinois
Quick question- whats everyone doing to comply with completing Page 3 of the settlement statement for the comparison of GFE and HUD charges. The instructions indicate the loan terms section must be completed in accordance with the information and instructions provided by the lender. The lender must provide this information in a format that permits the settlement agent to simply enter the necessary information in the appropriate spaces, without the settlement agent having to refer to the loan documents themselves.... so what's everyone providing to the title companies to complete this?

Return to Top
#1304042 - 12/11/09 08:49 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 #Just Jay
ForceFull1 Offline
Gold Star
ForceFull1
smalltown Iowa
Word of warning to both Laser Pro and Encompass users:

Both systems have Block 4 (title services) falling into the 10% tolerance group REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT THE CUSTOMER SELECTS A PROVIDER NOT ON THE LENDER'S PROVIDER LIST. I can't get a straight answer out of either company as to why they did this as it's pretty black and white in the reg and especially on page 3 of the GFE that these fees have no tolerance assigned if the provider chosen is not on the lender's list.

Harland tells me Laser Pro has a request for an "enhancement" to the system to correct this flaw, but it isn't considered "critical" so it might be awhile. I haven't heard anything back from Ellie Mae yet.

::sigh::

Return to Top
#1304065 - 12/11/09 09:04 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 QCL
MyKidsMom Offline
Platinum Poster
MyKidsMom
TEXAS
Originally Posted By: QueenChop'dLiver
Originally Posted By: Jerod Moyer
You can select the provider for them. Please note Appendix C of the regulation:

There is a 10 percent tolerance applied to the sum of the prices of each service listed in Block 3, Block 4, Block 5, Block 6, and Block 7, where the loan originator requires the use of a particular provider or the borrower uses a provider selected or identified by the loan originator. Any services in Block 4, Block 5, or Block 6 for which the borrower selects a provider other than one identified by the loan originator are not subject to any tolerance and, at settlement, would not be included in the sum of the charges on which the 10 percent tolerance is based. Where a loan originator permits a borrower to shop for third party settlement services, the loan originator must provide the borrower with a written list of settlement services providers at the time of the GFE, on a separate sheet of paper.

I have what I think is an odd twist to this:

Loan officer just asked if we list the total for title services in box 4, must we also list this in box 6, since it would be a required service that the borrower can shop for?

{I guess we're going to let the borrower shop for it. That's a whole 'nother question...}

I was wondering about this too, Queen.. We don't care which title company they use but I didn't see where that block disclosd that they could shop for it. If we provide a list, then its 10% tolerance if they pick someone on the list, if they don't, the unlimited tolerance???

I'm sure this has been clarified but is the tolerance for each block #, line item or 4,5,6 in aggregate??

Return to Top
#1304088 - 12/11/09 09:11 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 ForceFull1
Ninky Offline
Gold Star
Ninky
Our vendor has a system glitch that will not allow our fees to flow to a HUD1A for our home equity loans. Normally the disbursements to their various creditors goes in section M.Disbursements to others. We are being forced to use the full HUD1 until our vendor resolves the problem. Where will these disbursements be itemized on a HUD1? Do they go on lines 204 - 209? I know you can add lines, but some of these loans have 10 - 15 creditors listed with amounts. Can we add a second sheet as an addendum and what do we call it? Addendum to amounts paid in behalf of borrower?

Return to Top
#1304099 - 12/11/09 09:18 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 MyKidsMom
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Yes - in aggregate for the 10% items. This would include Block #3 too.

Return to Top
#1304132 - 12/11/09 09:35 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 ForceFull1
BFaith Offline
Originally Posted By: ForceFull1
Word of warning to both Laser Pro and Encompass users:

Both systems have Block 4 (title services) falling into the 10% tolerance group REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT THE CUSTOMER SELECTS A PROVIDER NOT ON THE LENDER'S PROVIDER LIST. I can't get a straight answer out of either company as to why they did this as it's pretty black and white in the reg and especially on page 3 of the GFE that these fees have no tolerance assigned if the provider chosen is not on the lender's list.

Harland tells me Laser Pro has a request for an "enhancement" to the system to correct this flaw, but it isn't considered "critical" so it might be awhile. I haven't heard anything back from Ellie Mae yet.

::sigh::

Hmm, I just attended an Encompass training and they specifically said if you check the box in the "B" column next to the title fees, it will take it out of the 10% tolerance bucket. That's what the "B" column is there for. However, we aren't upgraded to 360 yet so I haven't been able to check for myself if this works or not

Return to Top
#1304140 - 12/11/09 09:42 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 BFaith
ForceFull1 Offline
Gold Star
ForceFull1
smalltown Iowa
Originally Posted By: BFaith
Hmm, I just attended an Encompass training and they specifically said if you check the box in the "B" column next to the title fees, it will take it out of the 10% tolerance bucket. That's what the "B" column is there for. However, we aren't upgraded to 360 yet so I haven't been able to check for myself if this works or not

That option is not available for Block 4, at least according to page 22 of their self-study guide. Very weird that they said it was available. I am also in the same boat with not being upgraded. I'll cross my fingers that it is available next week when we've upgraded.
Last edited by ForceFull1; 12/11/09 09:43 PM.
Return to Top
#1304170 - 12/11/09 09:58 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 ForceFull1
complyshy Offline
Summary of your loan section includes the question "Even if you make payments on time, can you monthly amount owed for principal, interest, and any MI rise?

I understand that this is directed at negative amortization however the payment of an ARM will rise even if you make payement on time. How are we to calculate the "maximum it can ever rise to"? Use the life time cap rate and the initial amount of the loan? Project the balance assuming the maximum per change increase until the life time cap is reached?

FAQ's offer no help and of course the Instructions are silent in regards to ARM. Any insights are GREATLY appreciated!

Return to Top
#1304188 - 12/11/09 10:07 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 complyshy
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Great... our LOS upgrades which were released this week are all fubared... just recieved word they hope to have things, such as basic addition, corrected mosy likely by the 22nd... at the earliest.

crazy

anyone else considering completing GFE's by hand on January 2nd?

Return to Top
#1304373 - 12/11/09 11:21 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 #Just Jay
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Us too.
We're switching LOS, but conversion won't be done until Feb.

All we can do is pray that is is all perfect on the 22nd. I have a Loan officer that is on the verge of a breakdown from this.

Return to Top
Page 45 of 94 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 93 94

Moderator:  QCL