Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1355864 - 03/11/10 04:59 PM End User Authorization Contact for Fedline
KatrinaPhillips Offline
New Poster
Do you have anyone in your Information Technology depts who are issued a End User Authorization Contact status for Fedline, if so how many? I am working on a wire audit and have several people in my IT Dept with this authorization and not too sure if it is necessary. Any imput would be appreciated!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1355949 - 03/11/10 05:54 PM Re: End User Authorization Contact for Fedline KatrinaPhillips
LynnH Offline
100 Club
LynnH
NH
We have one EUAC in IT and one in the department itself. We haven't had any auditors find issue with it. Its more a matter of bodies to perform functions than anything. Auditors don't want your EUAC to be able to perform wires, etc. so it kind of limits who this can be.

Return to Top
#1356243 - 03/11/10 09:06 PM Re: End User Authorization Contact for Fedline LynnH
Kitty Offline
100 Club
Kitty
We have 1 EUAC in IT and 1 EAUC in the wire area.

Return to Top
#1356580 - 03/12/10 02:52 PM Re: End User Authorization Contact for Fedline Kitty
Always In Training Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the Green Grass Grows
We have 4 EUACs. Three are management and one additional officer was assigned that during a time that two were out on medical leave and the other 1 was trying to cover the first two. Nobody in IT is a EUAC. None of the EUACs have wire/money ordering/ACH authority. Just user admin & reset.

Return to Top
#1357376 - 03/15/10 01:05 PM Re: End User Authorization Contact for Fedline Always In Training
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
We do not have any IT as EUACs. Ours are the CFO, COO, CEO, compliance officer, and investment officer. CFO and COO have wire and ACH access as well

Return to Top
#1362101 - 03/22/10 11:42 PM Re: End User Authorization Contact for Fedline HappyGilmore
KatrinaPhillips Offline
New Poster
ok guys...I'm getting a little push back from my findings.....does anyone know where to locate actual guidlines for an EUAC...like the fact that they should not have access to the daily stuff, sending wires.

Return to Top
#1362151 - 03/23/10 12:41 PM Re: End User Authorization Contact for Fedline KatrinaPhillips
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Fed does not have guidelines for what access rights an EUAC can have, that is an individual bank policy decision. I know of banks that have an EUAC with no other rights, and banks that the EUAC also has right as a user for performing transactions. If an EUAC calls FRB to have their password reset, FRB verifies with a different EUAC that the request is valid prior to taking action.

In my opinion, it does not make sense to have people who are generally not at their desk and easily accessible (i.e., IT staff) as EUAC.

Return to Top
#1362974 - 03/24/10 03:51 PM Re: End User Authorization Contact for Fedline HappyGilmore
madukes Offline
Diamond Poster
madukes
Flyers Country

Our division head is the EUAC for our area. one of our deposit ops managers was also a EUAC but she left, I don't think she was replaced.

Return to Top
#1635474 - 12/05/11 07:58 PM Re: End User Authorization Contact for Fedline KatrinaPhillips
sunshinebanker Offline
100 Club
has anyone seen or know how to find a document published by the Fed called The Fedline Advantage and Fedline Web End User Authorizaiton Contact Access Management Guide? This guide describes the responsibilities of an EUAC and provides guidance on how to fulfill this role.

I've looked for it on the Fed Bank website and also through google searches and I can not locate.

Return to Top
#1636227 - 12/07/11 01:50 PM Re: End User Authorization Contact for Fedline sunshinebanker
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
I used to have a link to it but have lost it. Have you tried contacting your FRB Representative?

Return to Top