Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1359424 - 03/17/10 08:50 PM Title Services Paid by Seller
krb440 Offline
New Poster
Broken Bow, NE
I am reading the FAQ's on title services charges. Our title services are normally split half and half between the seller and the buyer/borrower. When we complete the GFE, do we include the full costs of the title services, or only the cost that the buyer would pay? I reference pg 30, Q7 (common practice in the locality of charge both the seller and the borrower) and seller paid items section starting on page 11 of the RESPA FAQ's. Thanks for any information you can provide!!

Return to Top
RESPA
#1359519 - 03/17/10 10:04 PM Re: Title Services Paid by Seller krb440
RolTyde Offline
Anywhere but here
I would include the full cost. Unless there's a law stating a borrower can't pay a fee, we are disclosing it on the GFE. You used the word normally. I would take that to mean that there are occassions that the borrower pays all the fees. If it's a fee they might have to pay, we disclose it.

Return to Top
#1359556 - 03/17/10 11:34 PM Re: Title Services Paid by Seller RolTyde
dollars & sense Offline
Gold Star
I spent so much time researching this because in my state it is all seller paid. The full amount gets disclosed on the GFE regardless of who pays the fee. The FAQ's are more confusing but HUD told me: Owner’s title insurance is required to be quoted on all purchase transactions.

Return to Top

Moderator:  QCL