Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1360901 - 03/19/10 04:32 PM RESPA/ High price mortgage applicable
ougirl Offline
ougirl
oklahoma
We have a loan that I am in question on whether or not it is a true bridge loan or not. The officer put on the memo it is a 6 month single pay. After further questions, he said we would be financing the difference of the two after the sale of the old home. I was under the understanding that a loan is considered a bridge loan if they are making interest payments? Is a single pay a bridge loan? If so, do we not do RESPA docs until the funding of the perm? Under the new rules, I thought we gave the RESPA docs at the time of the first "bridge" loan? Please help us understand this better!

Return to Top
Audit
#1361257 - 03/19/10 08:37 PM Re: RESPA/ High price mortgage applicable ougirl
Irishguy Offline
Platinum Poster
Irishguy
Kentucky
Higher Priced Mortgage loans fall under Regulation Z. Here is the rule that identifies loans that are not considered Higher Priced Mortgage Loans:

Sec. 226.35

(3) Notwithstanding paragraph (a)(1) of this section, the term ``higher-priced mortgage loan'' does not include a transaction to finance the initial construction of a dwelling, a temporary or ``bridge'' loan with a term of twelve months or less, such as a loan to purchase a new dwelling where the consumer plans to sell a current dwelling within twelve months, a reverse-mortgage transaction subject to Sec. 226.33, or a home equity line of credit subject to Sec. 226.5b.

From what you have described, I would consider the loan a temporary or bridge loan.

Return to Top
#1361670 - 03/22/10 04:13 PM Re: RESPA/ High price mortgage applicable Irishguy
ougirl Offline
ougirl
oklahoma
Thank you Irishguy!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z