Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1362750 - 03/24/10 11:57 AM Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project?
NotPerfect Offline
Platinum Poster
Midwest
My little guy is in kindergarten and for an intro to geography, his class has been asking friends and family for post cards from all over the US as well as other countries to be sent to them. The class then takes the post card and looks up the location. Little Man has been doing a great job bugging the family so I thought I'd ask my BOL family if they'd be willing to help since we are all over the US and it's about time for vacations to start as well. If you are interested in sending Little Man a postcard, PM me. It's amazing to watch him learn and he's really taking an interest in geography to the point that he's drawing his own maps and spent some of his own money on a map of the countries so he could learn more.

Thanks everyone!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1362774 - 03/24/10 12:43 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? NotPerfect
Peepers Offline
10K Club
would you like one from Milwaukee County or Waukesha County or both?

Return to Top
#1362778 - 03/24/10 12:46 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? Peepers
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
most of the postcards from NO are not suited for little ones, unless you are looking for an in-school suspension!

Return to Top
#1362798 - 03/24/10 01:08 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? HappyGilmore
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
The Land of Tax Free Shopping!
I have a friend serving in Pakistan - I can see if he'll send one...PM me the address. I can mail one from the Land of Tax Free Shopping this weekend when I go back to finish packing up my house.

Return to Top
#1362833 - 03/24/10 01:58 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? FBH
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
If he'd like one from Austin, TX PM your address.....

Return to Top
#1362848 - 03/24/10 02:16 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? RBanker
NotPerfect Offline
Platinum Poster
Midwest
Peepers - Milwaukee Cty. Do you have any vintage zoo ones with your picture on it? Can you audograph it "love, Samson"? whistle

Happy, they can't all be bad in NO? smile Sounds like the postcards I looked at in Daytona when I was there a number of years ago.

Little Man does have a wish list for postcards. Now remember, he's a geography freak. He wants one from Madagascar, one of the volcano at Pompei, and Arizona. He's a riot! He had a prior list and surprisingly, his great aunt was able to get postcards from a number of his wish list locations.

Return to Top
#1362854 - 03/24/10 02:19 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? NotPerfect
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I can get you one from Cincinnati if you'd like. Just PM me the information!

Ask if he'd like the Cincinnati Zoo or Fountain Square (I'm sure I can find one somewhere with the statue from WKRP not that he'll know what it is!)

Return to Top
#1362855 - 03/24/10 02:20 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? HappyGilmore
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
most of the postcards from NO are not suited for little ones, unless you are looking for an in-school suspension!

Too many people with lines shaved in their heads in the background?

Return to Top
#1362858 - 03/24/10 02:23 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? B_F
NotPerfect Offline
Platinum Poster
Midwest
Thanks everyone. He is going to be so excited. He's going to feel like he's in that Verizon commercial with all of these postcards.

Return to Top
#1362867 - 03/24/10 02:32 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? NotPerfect
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Just sent mine from my iPhone - there's an App for that - Shoot It. Allows you to send a printed postcard of a photo you take or one from your library on the phone.

Return to Top
#1362868 - 03/24/10 02:33 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? NotPerfect
Truffle Royale Online

10K Club
I can get you Madison, WI...cows if you like. Going to Washington DC in two weeks and could send one from there. I've got relatives in AZ, CA, Denver, Houston and SO IL, if you need any of those places. Just PM me Little Man's address.

Return to Top
#1362879 - 03/24/10 02:44 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? NotPerfect
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
Originally Posted By: NotPerfect
If you are interested in sending Little Man a postcard, PM me.

I'll PM you, as per your instructions. laugh I'm off to find some fun Phx postcards.

Return to Top
#1362943 - 03/24/10 03:28 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? Bacon Boy
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Sent you a PM, glad to send from Chicago. I can also have my son send one from San Francisco and other son send one from St Louis.

Return to Top
#1362959 - 03/24/10 03:40 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? corkygirl
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
A project in kindergarten? All I remember is story time and taking naps! smile

I'm sure I can find some good ones here in SoCal. I'll send you a PM.

Return to Top
#1362964 - 03/24/10 03:45 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? califgirl
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: califgirl
A project in kindergarten?

That was my first thought.

I just remember eating paste to kill time until the graham crackers and milk came.

Return to Top
#1362982 - 03/24/10 03:55 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? Peepers
NotPerfect Offline
Platinum Poster
Midwest
It was shocking to see what is expected of these kids at this age. My husband's comment is "he'll be spliting atoms by first grade." He's got a science fair project to come up with, the do a lot of reading and writing. No naps. Only the lunch time recess. They have an outdoor garden that they maintain. Last I checked with him, they are learning math and money. And the kid can't even tie his own shoes yet!

Return to Top
#1362988 - 03/24/10 03:58 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? NotPerfect
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Wow. Is this a public school? If so, we need to send all the CA school administrators to your neck of the woods for some training!

Return to Top
#1362991 - 03/24/10 03:59 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? NotPerfect
Peepers Offline
10K Club
And the kid can't even tie his own shoes yet!

welcome to my he//

Return to Top
#1363106 - 03/24/10 05:19 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? Peepers
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
That's why there's velcro, Peeps!

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1363167 - 03/24/10 06:07 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? califgirl
NotPerfect Offline
Platinum Poster
Midwest
Originally Posted By: califgirl
Wow. Is this a public school? If so, we need to send all the CA school administrators to your neck of the woods for some training!

Might just be the district. Peepers is from this same area and look at him. We live in the 'burbs that is a bit more, um, well-funded, how's that sound. Our district is really gung-ho on new technology and teaching methods and the elementary school is only 3 years old and super high tech. He'll be bringing home one of those camera monitoring laptops soon enough.

Return to Top
#1363185 - 03/24/10 06:17 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? NotPerfect
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
OMG, I am all for education, but what if you didn't want your kindergartener to do all thsi work? What about learning social skills and playing together and enjoying being a kid??? Is there even tiem for that outside of workign on all these projects?

Return to Top
#1363219 - 03/24/10 06:40 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? Dip
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Dip, how much "work" is it to socialize with your friends and family to ask them to send you a postcard? This is a neat project to me, and requires VERY LITTLE work for the student. What child that age doesn't want to have an excuse to call the grandparents? This not only teaches geography, but it also teaches social skills.

Return to Top
#1363227 - 03/24/10 06:44 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? waldensouth
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: waldensouth
That's why there's velcro, Peeps!

sadly, this too can be an exercise in futility

Peepers is from this same area and look at him

yeah! dad may disagree, but I turned out great!

Return to Top
#1363256 - 03/24/10 07:04 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? Peepers
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
eek

Return to Top
#1363276 - 03/24/10 07:21 PM Re: Anyone willing to help on a kindergarten project? Peepers
NotPerfect Offline
Platinum Poster
Midwest
Originally Posted By: Peepers
yeah! dad may disagree, but I turned out great!

By who's standards? By MPS standards? And the standards of which decade?

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3