Learn More - Click Here!

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread Options
#1365898 - 03/29/10 11:15 PM Re: The cubic zirconia engagement ring QCL
cbu3 Offline
Gold Star
CA
Originally Posted By: QueenChop'dLiver
I have more than an acre. I sit on my rear and let the mower do its job.

Mowing is one of the reasons for having cattle and horses.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1365900 - 03/29/10 11:18 PM Re: The cubic zirconia engagement ring Basquo
cbu3 Offline
Gold Star
CA
Originally Posted By: YankeeFan13
Dip, I'm actually in a similar situation and have had the same conversation with my guy. I've been engaged before and unfortuanately (for my guy) the ex gave me a HUGE rock and now I have pretty high expectations for what I want. That having been said, I have mentioned that a CZ would be fine with me too. I know he wants to get me something nice but he doesn't have the kind of money to spend on something real. I have looked on QVC and HSN and there are a lot of gorgeous rings that are reasonably priced and no one would ever know they were fake unless you said something. A couple of brands to look at are Tacori, Absolute and Infinity on QVC and HSN.

Another place to look is jtv.com. The Bella Luce line has a number of options for a wedding set.

Return to Top
#1365913 - 03/29/10 11:52 PM Re: The cubic zirconia engagement ring cbu3
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
If you keep the CZ under 1 carat, it is almost impossible to tell a good CZ from a diamond without using a loupe. It's when you go for the 4 or 5 carat mega-size that a fake stands out.

BTW - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Bella Luce line! Just remember though, you cannot resize those rings. I recently got this one and it looks very pretty:
Bella Luce - Pink and Silver

Return to Top
#1366589 - 03/30/10 08:27 PM Re: The cubic zirconia engagement ring Dip
amyinred Offline
New Poster
My fiance proposed last August and we will be getting married August 28th of this year. I have had the fortune to study diamonds and jewelry, and I can tell you that no matter how good the CZ looks, it will still look fake. I bought a CZ to wear on our honeymoon so I don't damage my brand new wedding band or engagement ring while on the beach. I put them next to each other just to see how it would look and there is a huge difference!

It is definitely a personal choice, and if my fiance had proposed with a CZ because he couldn't afford a diamond, I still would have said yes. It just means more to me because although he couldn't pay cash for all of the ring, he was willing to get what he knew I would love! (BTW, he constantly joked that my ring would come out of a vending machine or cracker jack box so I was prepared for just about anything except for him proposing! That was a total shock!)

Return to Top
#1367483 - 03/31/10 09:08 PM Re: The cubic zirconia engagement ring amyinred
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
I have a 3/4 carat CZ that I won in a jewelry store contest. The store had three stones in a display case - two were CZ and one was a diamond. If you correctly guessed the diamond, you won a CZ. (bummer - not the real diamond)

Most people incorrectly picked the CZ. It took me about 5 minutes of staring to figure out the real diamond - and even today I have to look at the thing under a loupe to really tell. That's why I say that if you get a good CZ and keep it under a carat, most people cannot tell the difference.

Return to Top
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8