Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#1368471 - 04/02/10 02:10 PM Compliance Training Enforcement
Anonymous
Unregistered

What does your bank have in place to ensure that every completes their compliance training in a timely manner. We have a big problem with several officers who, no matter how many times you remind them, never get it done. I'm looking to make some recommendations as to how we can fix this problem.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#1368488 - 04/02/10 02:27 PM Re: Compliance Training Enforcement Anonymous
1 Peter 5:7 Offline
Diamond Poster
1 Peter 5:7
TX
I used to remind the offenders that I attach a list of names to each quarterly compliance program report I submit to the Board and Audit Committee showing compliance training assigned/completed/and incomplete. It's not the kind of negative attention by the Board that most officers would want their name associated with.

#1368565 - 04/02/10 03:40 PM Re: Compliance Training Enforcement 1 Peter 5:7
David Dickinson Online
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
I agree with 1 Peter. Have a matrix of all employees of the bank. Then list all of the required training. If a person has missed training, make that box red (or yellow if they are 30 days past due). Use your imagination and it will be very apparent who is missing what. Report these facts to your supervisor, Board, etc. & let them follow up with that person(s). It will work wonders.

#1368652 - 04/02/10 05:15 PM Re: Compliance Training Enforcement David Dickinson
Its Just Me Offline
Midwest
If your bank pays holiday bonuses each year, tell employees that bonuses will only be paid upon completion of the required training.

#1368760 - 04/02/10 06:33 PM Re: Compliance Training Enforcement Its Just Me
Kitty Offline
100 Club
Kitty
We solved this issue by having all reminders to complete training come from the CEO's office. We use an on line system. I set it up and send everyone required to complete training an email with the deadline. Then a pull reports showing who has not completed training and send it to the CEO's executive assistant and she sends the reminders.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale