Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1370172 - 04/06/10 09:59 PM A&I and Direct Disputes for Credit only?
Still Smiling Offline
Platinum Poster
I have really confused myself today...Under the FCRA rules for Accuracy and Integrity and Direct Dispute's do these rules apply only to "credit" reporting or would this also include reporting on the "deposit" side?

Return to Top
#1370817 - 04/07/10 07:38 PM Re: A&I and Direct Disputes for Credit only? Still Smiling
Still Smiling Offline
Platinum Poster
Maybe this is a dumb question since these rules fall under FCRA, but it is my read that if you provide "information" to a CRA that is disputed by the consumer, then you must have procedure for handling these disputes and respond within 30 days to the consumer. No, I guess the real question is would deposit information reported to chexsystem be covered under these rules? Anyone?

Return to Top
#1371010 - 04/07/10 11:39 PM Re: A&I and Direct Disputes for Credit only? Still Smiling
Dolly Nugent Offline
Diamond Poster
Dolly Nugent
Southern California
I'm thinking it does apply. I attended a seminar and I have some notes in the margin that state "Get info from operations regarding ChexSystems......"

Return to Top
#1371488 - 04/08/10 07:54 PM Re: A&I and Direct Disputes for Credit only? Dolly Nugent
Still Smiling Offline
Platinum Poster
Thank you Dolly. That is my opinion as well.

Return to Top