Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1373108 - 04/13/10 01:41 PM CTR for Closing Attorney-who benefitted
GatorGirl09 Offline
Sunny Florida
We have a closing attorney’s office that sent the client here to make the cash deposit of greater than $10,000 for the closing. I am trying to figure out who actually benefited from the transaction. The money was deposited to the attorney’s account, but I tend to think the money really benefits the individual. I remember there being something published about this, but I cannot put my hands on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1373119 - 04/13/10 01:48 PM Re: CTR for Closing Attorney-who benefitted GatorGirl09
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Administrative Ruling 89-5. You want example #3.

The status of administrative rulings is cloudy, but it's all you will find on the subject so I suggest you follow it.

Return to Top
#1373225 - 04/13/10 03:23 PM Re: CTR for Closing Attorney-who benefitted Elwood P. Dowd
GatorGirl09 Offline
Sunny Florida
When I listed the closing attorney and the client name in Sections A, our processing system prepares the names in alphabetical order and lists the closing attorney first. If I want to mark the client as the conductor does this matter since his name is not in the first box? Do I need to put his name in Section B to be certain there is no confusion on who conducted the transaction?

Return to Top
#1373272 - 04/13/10 04:17 PM Re: CTR for Closing Attorney-who benefitted GatorGirl09
Georgia Plum
Unregistered

No. Just check the box on page one "conducted on own behalf".

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z