Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#137508 - 12/09/03 07:12 PM Re: Average Joe gets the Rasberries!!!!
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Even better - the next reality show will star Adam - all cleaned up and good looking!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#137509 - 12/09/03 08:05 PM Re: Average Joe gets the Rasberries!!!!
Georgia Golfer Offline
Gold Star
Georgia Golfer
1st Tee
Did anybody see Joe Schmo on Spike? It was the same thing, but only one guy thought it was a realit show and everybody else was an actor. It was a spoof show that was kinda funny, but reality TV has taken a turn for the worse. Fear factor, give me a break & this wedding thing, I mean I'm trying to eat supper when this stuff is on!!!!! The only good reality show is The Osbournes & The Big Break. Of course, the Big Break guys are chops & are playing for crappy exemptions onto a crappy tour, but it would still be fun to try to some of those shots. Sorry for the mini-rant

Return to Top
#137510 - 12/09/03 08:05 PM Re: Average Joe gets the Rasberries!!!!
RGS Offline
Platinum Poster
RGS
Home of the 8 time NCAA Champ ...
Quote:

Even better - the next reality show will star Adam - all cleaned up and good looking!

Skittles is on to something, even though I never saw the show, I can see it now. Adam does a spot on "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" and they fix him up. Then he segues on to his own reality show where he has to choose between "plain" women who are funny and intelligent and "gorgeous" women who are less funny and less intelligent than most rocks. (Might as well stick with stereotypes.)

Return to Top
#137511 - 12/09/03 08:09 PM Re: Average Joe gets the Rasberries!!!!
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
RGS - I didn't watch the show either. I can just pick up enough reading the posts.

Return to Top
#137512 - 12/09/03 08:25 PM Re: Average Joe gets the Rasberries!!!!
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Even better - send him to Extreme Makeovers and see what happens. The ideas are just flowing now.

Return to Top
#137513 - 12/09/03 09:06 PM Re: Average Joe gets the Rasberries!!!!
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Don't forget "The Newlyweds". Jessica may not be very smart but at least Nick is good to look at.

Return to Top
#137514 - 12/10/03 08:05 AM Re: Average Joe gets the Rasberries!!!!
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Quote:

Don't forget "The Newlyweds". Jessica may not be very smart but at least Nick is good to look at.

I heard that Chicken of the Sea is considering using her for commercials. I really do fear for our future....

Return to Top
#137515 - 12/12/03 03:54 PM Re: Average Joe gets the Rasberries!!!!
mfc Offline
mfc
Oklahoma
Quote:

Ah, but that's the point--looks were not supposed to be that important.

But they are in a since. You can't be married to someone if you don't think they are attractive!!! What would everyone be saying if she picked Adam.....that she only picked him for his money!!!

Z...Would you have married your wife if you didn't think she was beautiful. Just because someone is attractive doesn't mean they can't have everything else. I have always said (Im sure people will think I am shallow) that you can always be friends with "NICE" guys, but the man you want to marry is nice and attractive!! They are out there...I found one.

Return to Top
#137516 - 12/12/03 06:13 PM Re: Average Joe gets the Rasberries!!!!
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
I knew she wouldn't pick an average looking guy when they showed the commercials with her first reaction to seeing the guys. Her disgusted expression, quickly covered by a plastic smile, said it all.

The problem with the show is, it is too short a time to get to know each other. If she took, say, 6 months to a year, she would see that the average joe's qualities can make him more attractive than the hunk who is a mama's boy. Relationships based on looks fail, because looks fade, wrinkles develop, weight is gained, etc.

Don't get me wrong; looks can cause initial attraction, but you still need to get to know the person to decide whether you are compatible enough that love can bloom.

Return to Top
#137517 - 12/12/03 08:09 PM Re: Average Joe gets the Rasberries!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

If she took, say, 6 months to a year, she would see that the average joe's qualities can make him more attractive than the hunk who is a mama's boy.

Is it so impossible that a "hunk" have an incredible personality too????? Good looking guys get such a stereotype as well.

Return to Top
#137518 - 12/12/03 08:12 PM Re: Average Joe gets the Rasberries!!!!
mfc Offline
mfc
Oklahoma
Quote:

Don't get me wrong; looks can cause initial attraction, but you still need to get to know the person to decide whether you are compatible enough that love can bloom.

My point exactly....you probably wouldn't start talking to him if you weren't initially attracted to him!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2