Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1374958 - 04/15/10 08:58 PM Model Privacy Notice - Add'l info for California?
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
This may be a dumb question, but I'm not sure where to look to find out what additional information I need to add to the model privacy notice for California. We're a straight non-sharing bank, no affiliates, etc. So I can't think of anything else I need. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Return to Top
#1376871 - 04/19/10 10:38 PM Re: Model Privacy Notice - Add'l info for California? ItNeverEnds CRCM
Doug Thompson Offline
New Poster
California
This is exactly the question I came on here to research. It looks like everyone is as confused as we are. Thanks for the question, I'll check back to see if someone answers.

Return to Top
#1388564 - 05/10/10 07:09 PM Re: Model Privacy Notice - Add'l info for California? Doug Thompson
Doug Thompson Offline
New Poster
California
Bump

Anyone???

Return to Top
#1413779 - 07/12/10 05:08 AM Re: Model Privacy Notice - Add'l info for California? Doug Thompson
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
I wound up coming up with the following for California institutions that don't share in a manner that would trigger an opt-in or opt-out. You can modify as needed.

California law limits an institution from sharing with non-affiliated third parties except as necessary for our everyday business purposes, or to offer our products and services to you, unless you have given us permission.

California law limits an institution from sharing information with affiliates, except as necessary for our everyday business purpose, or to offer our products and services to you, unless we have provided you an opportunity to opt-out of this sharing.

XYZ Bank does not share information with affiliates or non-affiliates for other than our everyday business purposes or to offer our products and services to you.

Return to Top