Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1379762 - 04/22/10 08:06 PM Consumer Dispute with CRA
Sally52 Offline
CRA states consumer disputed information on his report; CRA says they notified furnisher but never received a response. Consumer is now 30 days delinquent. CRA insists that because the dispute was never responded to, the entire credit reference was deleted and cannot be added back to consumer's report.

Any advice?

Return to Top
#1381161 - 04/24/10 02:21 AM Re: Consumer Dispute with CRA Sally52
jlroberts Offline
Diamond Poster
jlroberts
Ohio
The CRA should have verification that they notified you so ask for a copy of the request. Not sure what you can do about it though.

We use e-OSCAR. I log into the system every Monday to view any disputes. I have a backup person that does it when I am on vacation. If I/we forget there is a a built in safe guard because e-OSCAR will notify you via email if you have not responded to a dispute within 8 days. An email is also sent to the banks internal auditor.

Return to Top
#1381259 - 04/26/10 01:31 PM Re: Consumer Dispute with CRA jlroberts
Sally52 Offline
Thanks for your response. We already asked for the proof and are still waiting. In the meantime,the CRA insists that without the consumer's written permission, we can not add back the account info and payment history to his report. Don't think the consumer will agree to that since he is delinquent.

Return to Top
#1381496 - 04/26/10 05:37 PM Re: Consumer Dispute with CRA Sally52
Always In Training Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the Green Grass Grows
I had this happen one time, one bureau gave me 4 days to respond to a dispute verification. I missed it, they deleted his history.

I called the bureau. They looked into their procedures. Because THEY followed inappropriate procedures, and the data was deleted inappropriately - they sent me a form that I had to write a letter and re-certify the information. The history was added back to his credit report. Just know, that the consumer gets a copy of whatever you send them, so double check it before you send it back to the bureau.
Last edited by Always In Training; 04/26/10 05:39 PM.
Return to Top