Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread Options
#138406 - 12/11/03 01:33 PM Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England
Just cleaning things up around here so we can be ready for Friday!! Please make sure you cast your vote for the Cleabatsu's (Frozen T-Shirt Contest )tagline over in our previous thread BEFORE you come on in here with your beverage demands!!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#138407 - 12/11/03 01:38 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I voted, like a good girl. I know it's early Mr C. but where the heck where you yesterday, when I was nursing a head as big as Dave's?

Return to Top
#138408 - 12/11/03 01:57 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
I voted, I voted! Could I get a hot Toddy to get rid of this crud before Christmas? Are we supposed to drink those like once every four hours or once a day? I may keep you very busy, Mr. Clean.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#138409 - 12/11/03 02:20 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England
Quote:

I voted, like a good girl. I know it's early Mr C. but where the heck where you yesterday, when I was nursing a head as big as Dave's?

Yesterday was a day of meetings, driving, and a buried desk by the time I got back!!! Didn't mean to be slacking!!

Walden- I believe you'll want to be careful drinking my Hot Toddy...this first one was made strong and mean enough to scare off any winter chill!!! If it doesn't work the first time use the shampoo chant: Drink....rinse (your glass)....Repeat!!! I may be very busy indeed....

Return to Top
#138410 - 12/11/03 02:39 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Just a strong Irish Coffee for me please. I'm also trying to chase away the Crud.

Return to Top
#138411 - 12/11/03 02:54 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
I voted too! Always have been an early morning voter. I thought I would check out the new joint since I will be off tomorrow, shopping like a maniac!

Plus, if I am one of the first in the bar then the seat selection is prime...Dave's not here yet so I claim the Sharper Image Chair. I have brought an umbrella with me in case olives begin to fly later. Right now I would like some Kaluha and coffee as I sit in my chair and catch up on the FACT Act.

Return to Top
#138412 - 12/11/03 03:03 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
So is there a seat available for me? I'll be off tomorrow, also. I'm meeting my husband in Chattanooga and we'll be doing some shopping.

Bartender - a mimosa for me, please. Never had one but it sounds yummy.

Return to Top
#138413 - 12/11/03 03:03 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England
Judging by the amount of coffee based requests I'm receiving this morning Z's connection with Juan Valdez are paying off!!!

Now drink up you guys....I can't have a bunch of sick people leaving the joint, don't want anybody thinking it's the proprietors

Return to Top
#138414 - 12/11/03 03:04 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
Anonymous
Unregistered

What Mackenzie does not know is that I have been here all night, and she just squished me! (and my olives!)

Return to Top
#138415 - 12/11/03 03:16 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England
Quote:

What Mackenzie does not know is that I have been here all night, and she just squished me! (and my olives!)

Okay...okay, I hear you guys loud and clear. (Unpacking, dragging, and a little grunting) How about a few more Sharper Image chairs so we can all share and enjoy?? I wasn't going to pull these out until Christmas

Return to Top
#138416 - 12/11/03 03:20 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Dave, how does your bride feel about you sleeping in a bar all the time?

Return to Top
#138417 - 12/11/03 03:26 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
Anonymous
Unregistered

She sleeps better without my snoring

Return to Top
#138418 - 12/11/03 03:32 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
Quote:

Be glad I am a petite person! I don't do much damage...

But, now I fear I am going to have to ask Mr. Clean for some Lysol. Last time I checked Dave had the cooties and now Elana does too. I have had this cruddy stuff twice in about six weeks and I am fed up with it. Maybe since this is a virtual bar, we can pretend there are no germs to spread! Hee Hee.

Since Mr. Clean was kind enough to order a round of Sharper Image chairs, I am hopping off this uncomfortable chair ...."Oops! Sorry Dave, I didn't mean to elbow you there bud." and go and get my own.

Return to Top
#138419 - 12/11/03 03:33 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Oh, please... You too! I had to throw my old guy out of bed last night because of his snoring! It's bad enough being an insomniac (it must be guilt ) but having to hear that, makes it even worse!

Return to Top
#138420 - 12/11/03 03:34 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Ditto Maria. My husband snores - not all of the time - but when he gets going it's horrible. I've learned to nudge him a little. He apologizes, rolls over and it quites - for awhile at least. Since I hardly get to see him I don't complain.

Return to Top
#138421 - 12/11/03 03:39 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh trust me, my wife can hold her own when it comes to snoring with her messed up sinuses - the problem is that usually I fall asleep first and once I am asleep, nothing will wake me. On the rare occasion when she falls asleep first, I get to hear the snores as well! So ladies, don't go pretending that the melodic tones that come out at night only eminate from the males of the world! And Mac, don;t worry, that was my supply of olives you elbowed

Return to Top
#138422 - 12/11/03 03:56 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
My husband used to tell me that I snored so loudly that he got to the point that he would move to the couch in the middle of the night. I thought he was exaggerating...until one morning last year. I use my old cell phone as an alarm clock. With the loudness increasing as it goes off, it is about the only thing that will wake me once I finally go to sleep. On this particular morning, I awoke to find a new message on my phone. So I played it. I thought it was a prank phone call for awhile and listened over and over to try and figure out who it might have been. After about the sixth time, I realized that I could make out a train in the background. (we live about 9 blocks from the RR tracks.) When I realized that the God Awful sound I was hearing was myself snoring, I just about died. I never did figure out how I managed to call myself in the middle of the night when I was asleep and leave myself a message. I know my hubby didn't record it because he is technologically challenged. I didn't think I would ever own up to this, but now it is a funny story for my husband to tell.
P.S. I have used just about every over the counter remedy there is so if you know of anything that really works, please let me know.

Return to Top
#138423 - 12/11/03 04:01 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

P.S. I have used just about every over the counter remedy there is so if you know of anything that really works, please let me know.

Wax earplugs.

Return to Top
#138424 - 12/11/03 04:07 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
I know it is hard to sleep next to a "freight train" (snorer), but consider yourself lucky. We could be sleeping alone.

Actually, the sleeping alone isn't a problem, it's the waking up alone. MOML is up north taking his Dad to the doctor for a regular check up, and it sure gets lonely, even sleeping with two cats!

Return to Top
#138425 - 12/11/03 04:08 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
hobot Offline
Gold Star
hobot
A CPAP machine -- its a mask that you wear over your face and it forces air into your mouth. Its for sleep apnea, which is often accompanied by snoring. The snoring can actually be be very dangerous from a health perspective. A sleep study can verify if you have have apnea and would benefit from a CPAP machine. Most insurances cover it and the machine, if you need one. If you do, you can almost eliminat the caffeine too because you actually get deep sleep and aren't tired!

Return to Top
#138426 - 12/11/03 04:09 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

Quote:

Wax earplugs.

He hates them, says they make him feel like he's underwater. I've never tried them out to see what he is talking about.

Return to Top
#138427 - 12/11/03 04:19 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
Quote:

And Mac, don;t worry, that was my supply of olives you elbowed

"Ewwwwww!!!"

Return to Top
#138428 - 12/11/03 04:28 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
I voted, may I have a coffee with a lot of Godiva pllleeessee? Mr. C, chairs!! for us!!! aren't you the greatest!!?? Thanks bunches.
BTW, men snore, women purr (loudly sometimes, but it's still purring)

Now I'll just slip over to my new chair with my Godiva coffee and try not to fall asleep while I work on my exam and HMDA training.

Return to Top
#138429 - 12/11/03 04:40 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone ever tried those nose strips?

Return to Top
#138430 - 12/11/03 04:52 PM Re: Welcome to Cleabatsu's-Part Three
Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega Offline
Diamond Poster
Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega
A Grant Wood painting.
Here is one for the Clabatsu Catch Phrase contest: