Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1384934 - 05/03/10 04:05 PM Opt-Ins by Phone--Recorded Line Needed?
tango Offline
100 Club
I've searched the threads and haven't found anything on this topic. We have started a mail campaign to obtain Opt-In Forms. We want to follow up the letters with a phone call to try to get Opt-Ins. I know Opt-Ins by phone are allowed but do they have to be on a recorded line? I know the issue a lot of people are struggling with is how to prove the customer opted-in when it's done by phone and you do not get a signature. Everything I've read says to have good procedures outlining your processes.

Can anyone offer guidance on not having a recorded line when obtaining opt-ins by phone?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1384952 - 05/03/10 04:45 PM Re: Opt-Ins by Phone--Recorded Line Needed? tango
Ms Auditor Offline
100 Club
Upstate NY
Nothing I've read seems to indicate that we need to record the phone call. I know we won't be doing that. We will keep track of those customers that we've sent a confirmation notice to. After our software is updated, images of the notices will automatically be retained.

Return to Top
#1396986 - 05/27/10 02:05 PM Re: Opt-Ins by Phone--Recorded Line Needed? Ms Auditor
RCRM Offline
Another question is that do we need to state to the customer we are following up with to opt in that the call is being recorded? The only reason the call is being recorded is for confirmation should that customer ever state they never opted in, so we can reference it. What is the law or the rule on this?

Return to Top
#1397032 - 05/27/10 02:51 PM Re: Opt-Ins by Phone--Recorded Line Needed? RCRM
ahou Offline
Power Poster
ahou
The caller must be informed that you are recording. Some states allow one caller knowledge/consent & some states require that all persons involved be aware of/consent to the recording.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z