Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#13862 - 03/22/02 07:08 PM Subject to HMDA???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here's a good one. Commercial short term loan to a "Religious Non-Profit" organization to purchase a HUD home (1-4 single family residence) to be rehabbed and sold to "generate income". This is straight from the Loan Approval. My question (I have MANY in this case,but will stick to only one) is this loan subject to HMDA?????

Return to Top
General Discussion
#13863 - 03/22/02 07:48 PM Re: Subject to HMDA???
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
Section 203.4of Reg. C describes the exempt transactions. 203.4(d)(3) says that "A financial institituion shall not report - temporary financing..."
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
#13864 - 03/22/02 08:10 PM Re: Subject to HMDA???
Anonymous
Unregistered

As long as the purpose of the loan is home purchase and secured by the dwelling , it would be HMDA reportable. You just could not report this commercial loan under CRA - because the loan is made to not- for profit organization and secured by residential real estate. ( Keeping in mind we can report loans to not-for profit org. only if they are secured by nonresidential properties.

Return to Top
#13865 - 03/22/02 08:12 PM Re: Subject to HMDA???
Anonymous
Unregistered

oh that's right. temporary financings are exempt!

Return to Top
#13866 - 03/22/02 09:21 PM Re: Subject to HMDA???
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
I believe that this is not HMDA reportable because of the temporary exemption. You indicated they plan to fix up and resale this home. This gets you out of reporting.

Return to Top