Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1380416 - 04/23/10 03:26 PM Risk Management Policy
etm614 Offline
Platinum Poster
etm614
Massachusetts
I have heard through the grapevine that some examiners have begun asking for a Risk Management Policy. Does anyone have a general policy? We address conducting risk assessments in other policies/procedures as appropriate but have nothing that would be considered an overall risk managemtn policy. Thanks.

Return to Top
Risk Management
#1389127 - 05/11/10 05:13 PM Re: Risk Management Policy etm614
YaYa Offline
Ohio
I can send you one if you provide me your email address. It is based on an enterprise-wide concept. You will need to adjust it a little to fit your organization. And examiners do like to see a Board approved policy with the concept in place. If you are not familiar with the enterprise-wide concept, check out COSO website. There is alot of good information there.

Opinions are mine...........

Return to Top
#1391888 - 05/17/10 03:24 PM Re: Risk Management Policy YaYa
Jerseygirl Offline
Platinum Poster
Jersey Shore
YaYa - Does your bank do an enterprise wide assessment and report - if so who heads up the team at your shop?

Return to Top
#1395651 - 05/25/10 04:33 PM Re: Risk Management Policy Jerseygirl
YaYa Offline
Ohio
Yes, we do utilize an enterprise wide assessment approach. I started the risk management program for us but when I assumed the audit function the financial analyst assumed the program. We are a community bank so individuals wear multiple hats. The program was basic at first, reviewing the various areas/departments of the bank, now I am providing recommendations to the financial analyst on how to further develop the program to include ALCO, etc. From what I see thru audit, management does alot of risk management already but it is not necessarily documented in the Risk Management Program.

Besides reviewing COSO information, there is a publication by the Senior Supervisors Group called the Self-Assessment Template, A Supplement to Risk Management Lessons from the Global Banking Crisis of 2008 dated October 21, 2009 that I would recommend reading. It contains many valid points to consider in a Risk Management Program including Governance. Good info!

By the way, for what it is worth, I did have an examiner ask me if I audited the Risk Management Program yet.

Opinions are mine.............

Return to Top
#1411713 - 07/02/10 09:52 PM Re: Risk Management Policy YaYa
Rosie O'Grady Offline
Gold Star
Rosie O'Grady
California
Hi could I get a copy?

Return to Top
#1413202 - 07/09/10 06:20 AM Re: Risk Management Policy Rosie O'Grady
islander_671 Offline
New Poster
Does anyone have a template for risk assessment audit? risk based auditing?

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z