Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1390231 - 05/13/10 02:03 PM Intent to Proceed
overregulated Offline
TN
We are having a problem with customers returning our Acknowledgement and Intent to Proceed document. Would it be permissible to include in our cover letter a statement telling the customer that by providing additional information and items to us indicates an intent by the customer to proceed with the application? Would this satisfy the requirement or would we need a separate form?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1390235 - 05/13/10 02:05 PM Re: Intent to Proceed overregulated
SnuffytheSeal Offline
Gold Star
State of Confusion
That's what we do.

Return to Top
#1390270 - 05/13/10 02:36 PM Re: Intent to Proceed SnuffytheSeal
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
There's no form required to prove intent to proceed. Your verbiage could be one way. A call to the LO could be another. Just make sure you document the file if it's the latter.

Return to Top
#1390272 - 05/13/10 02:37 PM Re: Intent to Proceed SnuffytheSeal
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Quote:
We are having a problem with customers returning our Acknowledgement and Intent to Proceed document.

Why do you use something the applicant has to sign and return when it's not required by the regulation? Using a form that the applicant has to sign and return when not necessary cultivates these type of issues, not to mention it's just one more inconvenience they have to endure.

We simply tell the applicant once they receive the GFE and they wish to proceed they need to call the loan officer and inform them they wish to proceed. The loan officer notes this in the flow sheet and informs the applicant what fees we need paid before we can proceed.

Return to Top
#1390308 - 05/13/10 02:56 PM Re: Intent to Proceed Dan Persfull
overregulated Offline
TN
Thank you, Dan.

Return to Top
#1390358 - 05/13/10 03:23 PM Re: Intent to Proceed overregulated
80's Lady Offline
Gold Star
We let them know that receipt of their "appraisal fee" along with their signed TIL will indicate their intent to proceed.

Return to Top
#1390366 - 05/13/10 03:30 PM Re: Intent to Proceed 80's Lady
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Quote:
along with their signed TIL

Again there is no regulatory requirement to have this document signed.

We don't require signatures when we don't have to, requiring them is just one more thing the examiners can criticize you for when you don't have the signed form, and may the compliance gods have mercy on you if you have all signed forms in protected class files and don't happen to have one in a non-protected class file.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying these procedures are wrong or prohibited, I'm just saying such procedures can lead to more problems than they prevent, but as the old saying goes. If it's not broken, don't fix it. But watch for cracks.. wink

Return to Top
#1442306 - 09/13/10 10:44 PM Re: Intent to Proceed Dan Persfull
slrcnewbie Offline
New Poster
If the customer decides not to proceed, how do you handle for Reg B and HMDA purposes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z