Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#1392316 - 05/17/10 09:29 PM The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!!
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
I just had the new Double Down from KFC... this thing is awesome!! if the gods got married, this would be their love child... it is that good!!! laugh

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1392321 - 05/17/10 09:36 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! Clown Boy
Peepers Offline
10K Club
you're a little slow junior

also, did you get gravy for dipping? if not, BaconBoy may have a bone to pick with you

Return to Top
#1392324 - 05/17/10 09:38 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! Peepers
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
I'm a little old-fashioned...but i kinda want bread as part of my sandwich experience.

Return to Top
#1392330 - 05/17/10 09:43 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! raitchjay
Peepers Offline
10K Club
you may think you want bread......until you've had one of these and realize that two original recipe chicken breasts are a far better substitute

Return to Top
#1392337 - 05/17/10 09:54 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! raitchjay
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
Originally Posted By: raitchjay
I'm a little old-fashioned...but i kinda want bread as part of my sandwich experience.

Peepers, what are we going to do with the new kid?

RJ, might I suggest getting a biscuit, cutting it in half, spreading butter on it then putting it between the two chicken breasts. Dipping in gravy will be even better as there's more to absorb the gravy goodness. If there's any gravy left over, simply drink it from the container.

And before you go thinking that I'm either big boned or carrying extra weight for eating this way, I'm not. Ask any of the BOLers who've met me in person. smile

This public health service announcement was brought to you in part by KFC

Return to Top
#1392338 - 05/17/10 09:55 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! Peepers
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
how many calories?

is this like their cholesterol bowls?

Return to Top
#1392341 - 05/17/10 09:57 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! Bacon Boy
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Originally Posted By: BaconBoy
Originally Posted By: raitchjay

Peepers, what are we going to do with the new kid?

RJ, might I suggest getting a biscuit, cutting it in half, spreading butter on it then putting it between the two chicken breasts. Dipping in gravy will be even better as there's more to absorb the gravy goodness. If there's any gravy left over, simply drink it from the container.

And before you go thinking that I'm either big boned or carrying extra weight for eating this way, I'm not. Ask any of the BOLers who've met me in person. smile

This public health service announcement was brought to you in part by KFC

Sounds better with the biscuit in between .....i'm kind of a bread fanatic. Still say that Popeye's beats KFC any day of the week though.

Return to Top
#1392343 - 05/17/10 09:58 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! Pale Rider
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Deep fried Krispy Kreme chicken sandwich. The fair is coming! The fair is coming!!!

Return to Top
#1392349 - 05/17/10 10:02 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! Blade Scrapper
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
Deep fried bacon
Deep fried Coke
Deep fried crystal meth
Deep fried bananas (wrapped in tortillas and dredged in cinnamon sugar)
Deep fried pickles with ranch
Deep fried butter
Deep fried corn dogs

Mmmm...I love the fair.

RJ, while Popeye's overall has better chicken, and additionally has rice and beans, the Double Down blows them away. Sorry, but a statement of fact had to be brought to the table. And I know food.

Return to Top
#1392357 - 05/17/10 10:24 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! Bacon Boy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
the KFC in our town closed...KFC has no business coming into south Louisiana and trying to muscle in on popeye's
Last edited by WorldCup!Rules; 05/17/10 10:24 PM.

Return to Top
#1392360 - 05/17/10 10:31 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! HappyGilmore
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
I think I read that these sandwiches have something like 1400 calories! I am not a KFC fan so these sound sooo gross to me! My son thinks they sound wonderful and all I can say is, "Eeew! Gross!"

Return to Top
#1392371 - 05/17/10 11:21 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! Busy Bee, CRCM
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
wow... i guess i am slow... i actually found out about it from a vegetarian... lol the irony

Return to Top
#1392432 - 05/18/10 01:11 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! Bacon Boy
Peepers Offline
10K Club
If there's any gravy left over, simply drink it from the container.

yes!

but don't ask for a container of gravy to simply drink with your meal, that's weird

Return to Top
#1392444 - 05/18/10 01:33 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! Busy Bee, CRCM
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Originally Posted By: Busy Bee
I think I read that these sandwiches have something like 1400 calories! I am not a KFC fan so these sound sooo gross to me! My son thinks they sound wonderful and all I can say is, "Eeew! Gross!"

http://www.kfc.com/nutrition/pdf/kfc_nutrition.pdf

Only 570 calories for a double down and gravy!
laugh
For those on weight watchers - 14 points!!!

Return to Top
#1392449 - 05/18/10 01:41 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! QCL
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Best Chicken Sammich in the world.....Chic-fil-a!!!

These KFC things just sounds gross.

Return to Top
#1392450 - 05/18/10 01:42 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! QCL
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Has anyone had the grilled one yet?

Return to Top
#1392451 - 05/18/10 01:46 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! Mrs. Rizzo
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
As the wife of a builder whose primary employment comes from the construction of KFC and Bojangles stores, I thank you for your continued support.

Return to Top
#1392462 - 05/18/10 02:03 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! RR Becca
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Oh, the grilled only has 11 WW points laugh

But the sound of it makes my tummy make icky churning noises - like it is scared of what is to come...so I'll pass.

Return to Top
#1392513 - 05/18/10 02:36 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! RR Becca
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
As the wife of a builder whose primary employment comes from the construction of KFC and Bojangles stores, I thank you for your continued support.

What's Bojangles? Are they run by Mr. Bojangles?

Return to Top
#1392516 - 05/18/10 02:39 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! Bacon Boy
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK

RJ, while Popeye's overall has better chicken, and additionally has rice and beans, the Double Down blows them away. Sorry, but a statement of fact had to be brought to the table. And I know food.

For clarification purposes, not only does Popeye's have better chicken (and rice and beans, and great biscuits and apple pies), the mashed potatoes and cajun gravy is unfairly overlooked because of the rice and beans. The floating sausage pieces are outrageously good. My problem with KFC in general is that chicken, to me, is basically bland...it needs the kick that Popeye's injects with its Cajun spices (and you have to get the Creole mustard for dipping). On top of that, Popeye's chicken is ALWAYS hot....from my experiences, i can rarely say that about KFC.

Return to Top
#1392534 - 05/18/10 02:52 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! raitchjay
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
I'm not going to disagree about the pop of flavor in Popeye's (Church's is also another good one). But the Double Down is an explosion in my mouth. I need a cigarette after eating one.

Return to Top
#1392536 - 05/18/10 02:53 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! raitchjay
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
i worked at popeyes one summer in high school, there is no "injection" of spices, they come premixed in a packet that you toss in a large mixer with the chicken, before you put it in batter and fry it

Return to Top
#1392541 - 05/18/10 03:01 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! HappyGilmore
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Ok....bad use of words...i know it's not literally "injected"....i was using injected in the sense of, chicken being bland, needs to be "injected" with flavor...."rubbed" with flavor didn't sound as good
Last edited by raitchjay; 05/18/10 03:02 PM.

Return to Top
#1392545 - 05/18/10 03:03 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! Bacon Boy
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
I'm not going to disagree about the pop of flavor in Popeye's (Church's is also another good one). But the Double Down is an explosion in my mouth. I need a cigarette after eating one.

I need a dip after everything i eat. smile

Return to Top
#1392553 - 05/18/10 03:11 PM Re: The Best Chicken Sammich in the World!! B_F
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: B_F
Originally Posted By: RR Becca

What's Bojangles? Are they run by Mr. Bojangles?

Bojangles is another fried chicken chain. They have other menu items besides chicken though - and quite possibly the best country ham biscuits EVER.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4