Thread Options
#1364869 - 03/26/10 05:44 PM Privacy and Affiliates
TEL Offline
100 Club
I read the recent threads from Model Privacy Form and Model Privacy Notice and Annual Mailing Question. So, regarding an insurance operating subsidary of the bank - Under FCRA 603(d)(2)(A)(ii) and 624 - if inforamtion is shared bewteen the subsidiary and the bank solely for the purpose of facilitating the insurance application (i.e. no marketing) acceptable with out providing an opt out? If yes, any limit on the information (FCRA 603(d)(2)(A)(ii) refers to communication of "that information" . . .)? - - Lastly, and for confirmation, under GLBA sharing between affilitates (i.e. insurance operating subsidary of the bank ) is permitted without opt out under xx.6(a)(3) - Am I understanding correctly?

Return to Top
#1393051 - 05/18/10 08:47 PM Re: Privacy and Affiliates TEL
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
bump

Return to Top
#1393589 - 05/19/10 07:32 PM Re: Privacy and Affiliates DD Regs
Soccer Offline
Platinum Poster
Utopia
I also struggled with this, we have the same circumstance and I believe that you do have to offer the opt-out. My understanding is once you share non public information even if it is with a sub you have to give the customers the option.
Does anyone have confirmation as Elliottt asked?

Return to Top
#1441486 - 09/10/10 06:11 PM Re: Privacy and Affiliates Soccer
Cornfed Turtle Offline
Diamond Poster
"...Somewhere in Middle Americ...
Can I revive this discussion? We have this situation as well. The insurance co is owned by the bank. And I haven’t read the reg well enough to give comment. (Sometimes it is good to be the auditor. I can read later!)

Where are you placing your ins co on the form? Are you providing an opt-out for sharing the loan application & info for the assistance of the insurance quote? Are you providing an opt-out for marketing?

Our staff is struggling with whether or not the ins co is an affiliate or whether or not they meet the definition of "non-affiliated third party." This definition from 216.3(m) is causing grief at our shop.

2) Nonaffiliated third party includes any company that is an affiliate solely by virtue of your or your affiliate’s direct or indirect ownership or control of the company in conducting merchant banking or investment banking activities of the type described in section 4(k)(4)(H) or insurance company investment activities of the type described in section 4(k)(4)(I) of the Bank Holding Company Act (12 U.S.C. 1843(k)(4)(H) and (I)).

Any thoughts?

Return to Top
#1445893 - 09/21/10 04:22 PM Re: Privacy and Affiliates Cornfed Turtle
C. D. Regs Offline
New Poster
C. D. Regs
In a pile of MN paperwork
Bump??

Return to Top