Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1394830 - 05/21/10 07:47 PM Corporate Checks printed in individual name?
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
A customer asked if he could have his corporate business checks printed with his personal name only and not the corporation name. In other words, his corporate name is JPS, Inc. and he wants the checks printed as Paul Jones, with the business address. This is pretty much a ridiculous request, but is there a legal reason or Reg. that prevents him - or anyone - from doing this?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#1394922 - 05/21/10 09:59 PM Re: Corporate Checks printed in individual name? BBoyd
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
No valid reason for wanting this. Anyone writing a check to the business should be addressing it to JPS, Inc. not to him. Any checks written should be from JPS, Inc.

I can't say off the top of my head if there is a law about it but it certainly is misleading (makes it look like a personal check) and could lead to mixups (or be a vehicle for intentional mixups.)
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1394983 - 05/22/10 04:52 PM Re: Corporate Checks printed in individual name? Kathleen O. Blanchard
cbinder63 Offline

Platinum Poster
cbinder63
Colorado
Watch your inclearings, since the question has been asked. Even if you do not honor the request, there are numerous companies that will print anything on a check, or the simple manner of visiting the local office supply store, buying check stock, and create checks as desired. This would raise (and I'm tired of this expression, too) "Red Flags" and additional account review may be in order.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett