BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1393652 - 05/19/10 08:31 PM Biggest Loser
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
I missed last night's Biggest Loser. Did anyone watch it? I saw in the previews that someone gained 2 pounds...what was that about?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1393662 - 05/19/10 08:41 PM Re: Biggest Loser Busy Bee, CRCM
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
hulu...

Return to Top
#1393667 - 05/19/10 08:47 PM Re: Biggest Loser HappyGilmore
RR Sarah Online
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Daris gained the two pounds. The four contestants went home for a 30 days. Once they got home they were told they'd be running a marathon at the end of the 30 days. At the weigh in Daris said that he concentrated more on training for the marathon than losing weight. However, he did have some emotional issues at home and I think he gave into that and started eating to make himself feel better.

That's it...in a nutshell. smile

Return to Top
#1393681 - 05/19/10 09:00 PM Re: Biggest Loser RR Sarah
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
Thanks, RR Sarah! I figured that would be about it and I didn't want to watch the full two hours to see the most important part during the last 15 minutes!

Return to Top
#1393684 - 05/19/10 09:03 PM Re: Biggest Loser Busy Bee, CRCM
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
I've kinda gotten into the show this year....one thing that i've noticed that doesn't seem really fair to me....somebody like Daris...he's at or near his target weight right NOW. How is he supposed to keep competing with somebody who still has 120 lbs. to lose? To me, there should be some sort of "target weight" set from the outset and then that is factored in...otherwise, strategically, you should lose just enough weight to stay there, but keep enough on so that you still have weight to lose at the end.

Return to Top
#1393687 - 05/19/10 09:04 PM Re: Biggest Loser raitchjay
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
That is a good point.

Return to Top
#1393691 - 05/19/10 09:05 PM Re: Biggest Loser raitchjay
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
I thought the other guys pleas were much more heart warming and sincere than Daris'.

Return to Top
#1393693 - 05/19/10 09:06 PM Re: Biggest Loser HRH Okie Banker
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
I just really think Daris has worked his tail off (not that others haven't) and it kinda sucks for him strategically that he has maybe 10 lbs. or so tops to lose when others can safely lose over 100 lbs. If you're trying to win a game that is.
Last edited by raitchjay; 05/19/10 09:11 PM.

Return to Top
#1393715 - 05/19/10 09:47 PM Re: Biggest Loser raitchjay
RR Sarah Online
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
And Sam would be in that boat too. He did amazing but since he was so close to his goal weight he wasn't losing the percentages that the others were. So he went home.

Return to Top
#1393719 - 05/19/10 10:01 PM Re: Biggest Loser RR Sarah
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
right.

Return to Top
#1393722 - 05/19/10 10:04 PM Re: Biggest Loser raitchjay
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
isn't it called biggest loser to see who can lose the most weight? if you weigh less than everyone else when starting, don't complain when you reached your goal weight and they have 100 pounds to go...yeah, they want the 250k, but they should be happy they have their health back

Return to Top
#1393735 - 05/19/10 11:04 PM Re: Biggest Loser HappyGilmore
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I am voting for Koli, he has worked hard from day one, he is close to his target weight too but I have liked him better than Daris from day 1. I know these people must do an extreme water weight loss right before the finale because none of the previous winners still look like they did on finale night. The most recent pink winner is the most obvious though.

Return to Top
#1393737 - 05/19/10 11:06 PM Re: Biggest Loser HappyGilmore
Basquo Offline
soaking up the sun
I thought that Daris' plea was very heartfelt. There is something about Koli that seems to rub me the wrong way and I felt much more compelled to vote for Daris than for Koli. Don't get me wrong, Koli has worked very hard to get where he is and I think both of them deserve the chance to compete in the finale, but I just like Daris better.

I am very happy that Mike and Ashley made final 2, they are defintely the 2 that still have a substantial amount to lose and seeing them at the finale is going to be exciting. The entire cast this year (minus Melissa) have been a pleasure to watch. This year has been much less game playing and scheming and has been a joy to watch.

Return to Top
#1394901 - 05/21/10 09:27 PM Re: Biggest Loser Basquo
YosemiteSamIAm Offline
Power Poster
Guess
You didn't like Melissa and her husband?!

Me neither (yuck)...

Return to Top
#1395301 - 05/24/10 07:50 PM Re: Biggest Loser HappyGilmore
Confused Banker Offline
Gold Star
Originally Posted By: armlessfootball
isn't it called biggest loser to see who can lose the most weight? if you weigh less than everyone else when starting, don't complain when you reached your goal weight and they have 100 pounds to go...yeah, they want the 250k, but they should be happy they have their health back

I agree. I don't watch the show but my wife loves it. And this is essentially my problem with it - too much drama game playing when the people go on there jsut saying that they want to lose weight. I know it is a contest, I just wish the focus of the people was a little more on health and a little less on the money, for both the contestants and the network. For instance I don't know why people have to go home - if you get voted off you should get to stay and workout if you want. You don't have to be in the running for the grand prize, but if the goal is really to help them lose weight then let them stay. Maybe have a goal weight for each person and offer a smaller prize for each person who gets there.

Return to Top
#1395340 - 05/24/10 08:35 PM Re: Biggest Loser Confused Banker
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Originally Posted By: Confused Banker
Originally Posted By: armlessfootball

I agree. I don't watch the show but my wife loves it. And this is essentially my problem with it - too much drama game playing when the people go on there jsut saying that they want to lose weight. I know it is a contest, I just wish the focus of the people was a little more on health and a little less on the money, for both the contestants and the network. For instance I don't know why people have to go home - if you get voted off you should get to stay and workout if you want. You don't have to be in the running for the grand prize, but if the goal is really to help them lose weight then let them stay. Maybe have a goal weight for each person and offer a smaller prize for each person who gets there.

I don't disagree about what the show should or shouldn't be....but the fact is it IS a game played for $250,000. As such, i was just making the observation that it isn't 100% fair IMO the way you "survive" every week. I'm gonna live regardless of what they do, but i think it would be more fair if target weights were somehow incorporated. Otherwise, my strategy would be to lose just enough to stay every week, but make sure not to get to your target weight to quickly. Again, it's a game and they pay the winner 250k.

Return to Top
#1396474 - 05/26/10 05:38 PM Re: Biggest Loser raitchjay
Basquo Offline
soaking up the sun
Last night's finale was awesome!!! The contestants looked amazing smile I think the right person won...Mike's transformation was nothing short of a miracle.

Return to Top
#1396529 - 05/26/10 06:29 PM Re: Biggest Loser Basquo
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
Originally Posted By: Mommacita
Last night's finale was awesome!!! The contestants looked amazing smile I think the right person won...Mike's transformation was nothing short of a miracle.

I agree! I thought Stephanie (purple team daughter) looked gorgeous! So did Sunshine. And O'Neal has the best personlity and smile. I chose to watch Biggest Loser over the other two Tuesday night shows (American Idol and Glee) because BL is a much better motivator for me on my weight loss journey. In fact, I saw a couple things on the show last night that I'm going to suggest to my trainer to add to my workout routine!

Oh, and that reminds me....I want to look into the Pound for Pound Challenge that they showed again last night.

Return to Top
#1396659 - 05/26/10 08:00 PM Re: Biggest Loser Busy Bee, CRCM
East Texas Offline
Diamond Poster
East Texas
The way a smaller person can win over a much larger person is that it is not based on the number of pounds lost but on the percentage of the starting weight that is lost.

I am proud for Michael, because maybe now he can be a healthier adult...but I was really rooting for Koli to win the big prize. At least he won the $100K for "at home". (Also a huge fan of O'Neal--and an un-fan of Daris and Melissa.)

Return to Top
#1396667 - 05/26/10 08:03 PM Re: Biggest Loser East Texas
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
What do you have against Daris? (just curious).....

Return to Top
#1396682 - 05/26/10 08:13 PM Re: Biggest Loser raitchjay
East Texas Offline
Diamond Poster
East Texas
He did a great job losing the weight, but I never did get the impression that he "got" it....I guess that is pretty intangible, and I don't know him personally, but I think he is at risk of putting it all back on and, to me, that's a waste. JMHO :-)

Return to Top
#1396715 - 05/26/10 08:41 PM Re: Biggest Loser East Texas
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
didn't get that impression, but TV reality shows are like sports to me....you get to like or not like whomever you choose for whatever reason you choose smile

Return to Top
#1396792 - 05/26/10 09:33 PM Re: Biggest Loser raitchjay
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
I just want to find Oneal, Sam and Kholi and give them a big ole hug!!!!! They have such amazing personalities!

Return to Top
#1396801 - 05/26/10 09:40 PM Re: Biggest Loser Mrs. Rizzo
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
I actually really liked most of the contestants this year. I'd love to see some kind of follow-up special with previous contestants to see where they are now. It would be interesting, I think. The one guy, Eric, that won one of the earlier seasons put most of his weight back on, but they showed him last night and he's been able to take off 150 of it.

Oh, and I still wanted to reach through the TV and slap Melissa upside the head! I really disliked her!

Return to Top
#1396807 - 05/26/10 09:42 PM Re: Biggest Loser Busy Bee, CRCM
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Originally Posted By: Busy Bee

Oh, and I still wanted to reach through the TV and slap Melissa upside the head! I really disliked her!

So did I!!!!!!!!!!! Especially when she came out and said boooo-yah. sick

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2