Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1397478 - 05/27/10 09:09 PM Instant Issue Card Stock Audit
davidm Offline
100 Club
davidm
Texas
Visa's procedures for an institution issuing debit cards when the customer is present calls for a monthly audit to be performed of the card stock. The card stock that is on hand is blank. There are no numbers or any information contained on the magnetic stripe until the card is processed through the embossing machine. What is the point of auditing blank cards? If one is taken, it is of no use. What am I overlooking?

Return to Top
Audit
#1397853 - 05/28/10 07:12 PM Re: Instant Issue Card Stock Audit davidm
river girl Offline
Diamond Poster
I am not sure if this meets Visas requirements for card stock audit but we do have each branch count their blank stock monthly and certify to us the count. We also have them certify that the machines are emptied each night and that the foiling in the machine is removed and locked in the vault each night.
I think the foiling - which contains all the numbers and expiration and names of the cards you have issued - is the greatest risk.
Hope that helps.

Return to Top
#1397871 - 05/28/10 07:47 PM Re: Instant Issue Card Stock Audit river girl
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Blank card stock of the proper color and quality can be used to make fraudulent cards, or copy legitimate cards, by criminals with the equipment.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1397969 - 05/28/10 09:40 PM Re: Instant Issue Card Stock Audit Kathleen O. Blanchard
davidm Offline
100 Club
davidm
Texas
Now that you point it out, it was pretty obvious that blank cards could be sold on the black market. Guess we had better ensure that they get audited monthly. Thanks for the help.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z