BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#140187 - 12/16/03 11:24 PM Terminal Illness
conniew Offline
100 Club
conniew
St. Louis, MO
A young lady that used to work for us has been given days to live. She was diagnosed with colon/rectal cancer last February. She is only 28 years old and will leave behind her loving husband, a little girl who will be four in February, and a baby boy who will be one on December 20th. She has shown such courage and stamina throughout her illness. Please pray for her and her family, both at home and at work. She is an inspiration to all of us!

Return to Top
#140188 - 12/17/03 01:45 PM Re: Terminal Illness
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Prayers on the way. That's a bad deal, for sure.

Return to Top
#140189 - 12/17/03 02:12 PM Re: Terminal Illness
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Thoughts and prayers headed your way! That's horrible, considering her age and family status! How sad around the holidays too.

Return to Top
#140190 - 12/17/03 03:11 PM Re: Terminal Illness
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Thoughts and prayers for her family. I hope her husband has a good support system in place. I can't imagine how I would handle such a situation.

Return to Top
#140191 - 12/17/03 06:36 PM Re: Terminal Illness
BSA4LIFE Offline
Gold Star
California
I feel sorry for her family and friends. My young girl that was killed was only 27 and she had two small boys. Her life was violently taken from her and your young lady is having hers taken from her too, only with a little longer to prepare. Neither way is better than the other. I myself am a cancer survivor and my heart hurts for her and her family. Prayers are all that we really have in the end. May God bring them comfort.

Return to Top
#140192 - 12/17/03 07:12 PM Re: Terminal Illness
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

Prayers are all that we really have in the end. May God bring them comfort.

Amen to that.

Return to Top
#140193 - 12/17/03 07:12 PM Re: Terminal Illness
conniew Offline
100 Club
conniew
St. Louis, MO
I know this young lady has a tremendous faith in God. She has spoken to her relatives and specifically had a long talk with her husband. She is ready to go on to Heaven whenever God calls her home. She is giving comfort to those that will be left behind. Her strength amazes me!

Return to Top
#140194 - 12/17/03 09:17 PM Re: Terminal Illness
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
Prayers are with her, and for her family, and that her husband has the strength to make sure her qualities are imbedded in the children.

Stories like this should remind us what is more important, the extra hours at work or the hugs at home.

Return to Top
#140195 - 12/17/03 09:20 PM Re: Terminal Illness
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
My prayers are with her family and her. Really makes you think, she's only two years older than me. God be with them all.

Return to Top
#140196 - 12/17/03 09:46 PM Re: Terminal Illness
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

Stories like this should remind us what is more important, the extra hours at work or the hugs at home.

When I hear a story like this one, it reminds me of how precious my family is to me and how blessed I am. I vent and gripe sometimes, but I can't believe how petty that is when I am reminded by a tragedy of this magnitude. I guarantee that I will go home and hug my husband, daughter, and mother (who lives with us) tonight, and hit my knees in thanks for what I do have.

Return to Top
#140197 - 12/18/03 10:58 PM Re: Terminal Illness
conniew Offline
100 Club
conniew
St. Louis, MO
Our young lady passed away today. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.

Return to Top
#140198 - 12/19/03 05:37 AM Re: Terminal Illness
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
They are all in my prayers as I type this. I am so sorry. I know that none of us is guaranteed one more second on this earth, since my brother died at the age of 18 in an oil rig accident. I was 16 at the time and it cut me off at the knees, but tragedies like this brave young ladies still break my heart. The only thing that makes it bearable is that she is at peace and no longer in pain. It is the family that has to pick up the pieces and go on that suffer. I don't think I will ever say my prayers again without including them.

Return to Top
#140199 - 12/19/03 01:58 PM Re: Terminal Illness
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Quote:

Our young lady passed away today. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.

I am so sorry to hear this news, how terrible. She is now at peace as Elena stated which should provide a small amount of comfort.

Return to Top
#140200 - 12/19/03 03:14 PM Re: Terminal Illness
Jay Bruce Offline
Platinum Poster
Jay Bruce
The New Loft Chamber
Quote:

Our heartfelt prayers go out to this family, and I cannot help but think of Jesus' words to Martha as recorded in the Gospel according to John (John 11:25-27):

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?” She said to him, “Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who is coming into the world.”

"A man in a kilt is a man and a half!"

Return to Top
#140201 - 12/19/03 04:41 PM Re: Terminal Illness
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

Quote:

Our heartfelt prayers go out to this family, and I cannot help but think of Jesus' words to Martha as recorded in the Gospel according to John (John 11:25-27):

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?” She said to him, “Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who is coming into the world.”

I just had chills reading your post. I have heard these words all my life, and this is the perfect forum to repeat them over and over again. Thank You.

Return to Top
#140202 - 12/19/03 07:20 PM Re: Terminal Illness
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Connie, please extend our warm wishes to the family if you have that opportunity. Let her husband know that there are a lot of people out here, whom he'll likely never meet, that have him and the rest of the family in our thoughts and prayers. Lord, give him strength.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett