Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1402622 - 06/11/10 05:42 PM Re: Tankless Water Heaters Peepers
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Originally Posted By: Peepers
it's supposed to be pretty warm this weekend, I'm thinking of wearing a tank top

Why not a tankless top?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1402629 - 06/11/10 05:46 PM Re: Tankless Water Heaters MB Guy
Peepers Offline
10K Club
top of the tank..TO YOU!

I need to wear something or the sucking sound as I get up from the vinyl recliner will scare people

Return to Top
#1402647 - 06/11/10 06:02 PM Re: Tankless Water Heaters Peepers
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Originally Posted By: Peepers
top of the tank..TO YOU!

I need to wear something or the sucking sound as I get up from the vinyl recliner will scare people

One would have thought your exceedingly hairy back would prevent a good suction from forming on the pleather recliner...

Return to Top
#1402815 - 06/11/10 07:35 PM Re: Tankless Water Heaters MB Guy
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Mary Beth had a tankless at her old house and put them in her new place. She loves them. When I stay there, the hot water is hot.

I looked at it once and wondered how long it takes to recoup the extra cost. We generally don't run out of hot water at home so it hasn't been a big deal. We heat the house and water with gas, which isn't usually much to start with so I think it would be more expensive for me to switch.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1402997 - 06/11/10 10:13 PM Re: Tankless Water Heaters waldensouth
davidm Offline
100 Club
davidm
Texas
We bought a new home that had a tankless gas water heater. Our monthly natural gas bill runs just under $20 a month for 3 people in the house. At our old house where we had a gas water tank our bill was around $40 per month. I love ours. The only draw back I've experienced was during the winter when our electricity went out while I was in the shower and the water immediately went cold. I guess that was due to the electric thermostat. Brrrrr

Return to Top
#1403031 - 06/12/10 03:37 PM Re: Tankless Water Heaters davidm
Big Sis Offline
We switched to a Monitor tankless hot water system about 18 years ago. I would never go back. I have to run the shower for about 20 - 30 seconds in the morning before I step in to make sure the water is hot. I can wash the dishes and then immediately put on a load of laundry and then take a shower, etc.

I can't talk about the savings because we installed a Monitor heating system at the same time. While the monthly electric bill savigns was substantial, I don't how much was attributed to the heat vs. the hot water.

Return to Top
#1403109 - 06/14/10 01:24 PM Re: Tankless Water Heaters Big Sis
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
this time of the year in Texas, heating the water is unnecessary...

Return to Top
#1403113 - 06/14/10 01:33 PM Re: Tankless Water Heaters Pale Rider
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
i've never thought about the hard work that the hot water heater does, not only is it underappreciated, it is a tankless job (boo, hiss...)

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2