Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1403421 - 06/14/10 07:55 PM Ruth's Chris Steakhouse
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Thumbs up? Thumbs down?

My hubby and I are celebrating our 7 year anniversary today. We have a babysitter and we want to go out for a great meal at a great restaurant. I've only heard good things about Ruth's Chris but we've never been there. I know it's pricey, but just this once I want to have a dinner with my hubby that is more upscale than Red Lobster. LOL Second choice is Bonefish Grill, which we also have never been to.

I made a reservation at Ruth's Chris but I want to make sure that the food is worth the $. I don't mind paying good money for good food and superb service. Thoughts?

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1403422 - 06/14/10 08:00 PM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Aggs
ecrew,CRCM Offline
100 Club
ecrew,CRCM
Fl
I've not been, but a friend of mine, who loves to eat out says this is her favorite restaurant.

Return to Top
#1403425 - 06/14/10 08:04 PM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse ecrew,CRCM
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I have been once - to the one in Nashville, TN. It was nice, but not what I expected. I thought it was overpriced for what we got - but it could have been an off-night. The service was fine, but not over-the-top as you would expect for the price.

I've been to Bonefish Grill in Macon, GA and it was WONDERFUL. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Return to Top
#1403429 - 06/14/10 08:11 PM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Skittles
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
I'm not a big fan of Ruth's Chris for the reason already posted (overpriced for what you get.) I would agree with Duchess Skittles on choosing Bonefish Grill over Ruth's Chris.

If I have to go to a chain steakhouse, I like The Capital Grille.

Return to Top
#1403444 - 06/14/10 08:24 PM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Hrothgar Geiger
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Ruth's is okay, but I've found in most cities big enough to support a Ruth's that you can find a local steakhouse which is better. Ruth's does everything on the menu a la carte, so expect to pay for a salad, soup, side dish, etc.

del Frisco's as a chain is way better than Ruth's.

I've only been to Bonefish once, it was good, but not good enough to make me want to go back. I'm not a big fan of any chain restaurants...

But between Bonefish and Ruth's, I'd go with Ruth's, especially if it is your aniversary
Last edited by DaMarcus Beasley; 06/14/10 08:30 PM.

Return to Top
#1403447 - 06/14/10 08:27 PM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse HappyGilmore
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
Only eaten at Ruth's once and that was in Indy and it was very good, but pricey.

Return to Top
#1403459 - 06/14/10 08:36 PM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Creditcop
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
The Land of Tax Free Shopping!
I've never been a big fan - they always seem to mess up my steak. If there's a Capital Grille close by, I'd go there before Ruth's Chris.

Return to Top
#1403487 - 06/14/10 09:03 PM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse FBH
StarryNight Offline
100 Club
USA
I have been to Bonefish and loved it! smile

Return to Top
#1403501 - 06/14/10 09:08 PM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse StarryNight
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
call into the Hannity show Aggs, you might get comped....you do listen to Hannity, right?

Return to Top
#1403504 - 06/14/10 09:10 PM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse StarryNight
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
If they have a Mastros, it is fine fine fine. Not cheap, but hey, it's your anniversary. Never been to Ruth's Chris. If you are not a steak conniseur, you might not get the attraction or price of USDA Prime steak, it may not be for you. hint: always choose ribeye over filet, much more flavor.

Return to Top
#1403510 - 06/14/10 09:20 PM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Blade Scrapper
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I ate there once. The steak was really good, however, it was not good enough for the price. From now on, I'll buy a nice steak and grill it at home or as others have said, many local places are just as good for far less of a payout.

That being said, for an anniversary, it's probably worth treating yourselves once!

Return to Top
#1403511 - 06/14/10 09:23 PM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse B_F
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
I have eaten at Ruth's Chris in two different cities, and have been really impressed at one. The one here in Minneapolis I've been to twice and I thought it was amazing. I went to one in San Francisco and wasn't as impressed.

It's my husband's absolute favorite smile

Return to Top
#1403521 - 06/14/10 10:04 PM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse MadisonCali
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Pale stole my thunder, I was going to say if it's good enough for Sean Hannity then it's good enough for me (although I've never been to one).

And that should be good enough for Aggs as well.

Return to Top
#1403536 - 06/14/10 10:58 PM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Peepers
Snowgirl Offline
Platinum Poster
Love a good steak and when I ate at Ruth's Chris it was delicious. It is expensive, but was worth it to me. Happy Anniversary!

Return to Top
#1403538 - 06/14/10 11:05 PM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Snowgirl
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Ruth's Chris is my absolute favorite steakhouse (Chicago). It's pricey, but worth it. I love it! Happy Anniversary!

Return to Top
#1403555 - 06/15/10 03:38 AM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse BurntSienna
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I've been to four different Ruth's locations including NYC, AZ, Chicago and WI. The waiter in NYC took the time to chat with my husband and I and taught us that you ALWAYS want to get the steak with the bone in it. Cooking with the bone in adds so much more flavor. Their Texas Rib Eye is to die for.

I will say I was somewhat disappointed the last time we went to the one here which was about a month ago. Can't put my finger on it but I told hubby, I like the local fine restaurant (non-chain) that we've been going to lately more than Ruth's. The fact that they build their menu around local produce and meats makes for a much more interesting steak or whatever you're having.

So, where'd you go? Hope the night was fabulous!

Return to Top
#1403558 - 06/15/10 04:59 AM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Truffle Royale
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
... Can't put my finger on it but I told hubby, I like the local fine restaurant (non-chain) that we've been going to lately more than Ruth's...

Which place?

Return to Top
#1403584 - 06/15/10 01:11 PM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse #Just Jay
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
Went to the one in Miami a few years ago. Everything was a la carte. The steak was great, the wait staff excellent (even offered me a colored napkin so if I needed to wipe anything off my blue shirt there would be no lint, as from a white napkin). Pricey, very pricey, but I would go again!

Return to Top
#1403605 - 06/15/10 01:28 PM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse #Just Jay
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By: Just Jay
... Can't put my finger on it but I told hubby, I like the local fine restaurant (non-chain) that we've been going to lately more than Ruth's...

Which place?
Sardines on Williamson Street. I'm partial to their oysters with mignonette sauce and their antipasto plate with pate. Loved their ice tea so much I asked for their supplier so I could brew my own at home.

Return to Top
#1403606 - 06/15/10 01:29 PM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse TINKerBell
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
The Land of Tax Free Shopping!
I'm guessing it's better in bigger cities. I've only been to the Ruth's Chris in King of Prussia, PA, and at Mohegan Sun in Wilkes Barre. Both were mediocre and pricey.

I'll make another plug for the Capital Grille. If you go, spring for the calamari and cold shellfish appetizers, and go with the Porterhouse au poivre with courvoisier cream sauce.

Here's the dinner menu: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/menu/dinnerMainCourses.asp?

Return to Top
#1403702 - 06/15/10 03:01 PM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Truffle Royale
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I've been to four different Ruth's locations including NYC, AZ, Chicago and WI.

where is the one in WI?

Return to Top
#1403712 - 06/15/10 03:10 PM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Peepers
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Madtown... over on the westside on University Ave.

Return to Top
#1403714 - 06/15/10 03:11 PM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse FBH
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Thank you all for your input! smile I had made a reservation for us at Ruth's Chris, but once I got home, my husband really didn't want to go there. He said we can go to a different restaurant and go all out and still spend 1/2 of what CR would cost us. But he left it up to me. We looked up the menu for Bonefish Grill and ended up going there instead. We really liked it, the Bang Bang Shrimp was awesome! smile

I still want to try Ruth's Chris, but it will just have to wait. It will be a great place to go to once our house sells in a couple of years and we want to celebrate. wink

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1403814 - 06/15/10 04:23 PM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Aggs
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Aggs - that's when we went. Last year when we finally closed on the home we were selling in Georgia we drove down to Nashville, stayed in the Opryland Hotel and ate at Ruth Chris. Very memorable evening.

I'm glad you enjoyed Bonefish Grill.

Return to Top
#1403863 - 06/15/10 05:03 PM Re: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse #Just Jay
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Just Jay
Madtown... over on the westside on University Ave.

I'll drive to Chicago then

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3