Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#140476 - 12/17/03 09:14 PM Advertising
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Does anyone have a problem with an ad that reads "XXBank Receives Outstanding Community Reinvestment Rating...?

Return to Top
CRA
#140477 - 12/17/03 10:12 PM Re: Advertising
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Nope, the rating is public information. Most folks wouldn't understand it is not an examination rating, just an evaluation by the regulator. I don't blame the bank for bragging, those "O's" are difficult to get from the FDIC and Fed. The OCC and the OTS give out more of the top ratings. Oh, yes, I do work at an FDIC bank, so it is kinda sour grapes complaining about the OCC/OTS.

Return to Top
#140478 - 12/18/03 03:42 PM Re: Advertising
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
When we ran ads for this, the examiners were specific that it couldn't appear as an endorsement or a rating of financial strength. Plain jane info here gets the message across. Just for good housekeeping though, we showed the OCC the proof of the ad before it ran.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#140479 - 12/18/03 06:46 PM Re: Advertising
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Cheaper than advertising however, is to do a press release instead. That way the local papers will pick up the story and there won't be any advertising cost for you. Helps with the budget.

Return to Top