Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1396553 - 05/26/10 06:49 PM Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA)
Banker27 Offline
100 Club
I'm already a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and was considering taking the test to become a Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA). Has anyone else taken this test? How long did you study for? How difficult was it? Do you think it provided value to have this certification?

Thanks!

Return to Top
Audit
#1398291 - 06/01/10 08:15 PM Re: Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA) Banker27
BlueEyedGirl Offline
BlueEyedGirl
somewhere between here and the...
I became a CFSA and then CIA. If you have any significant experience in banking or other selected area under CFSA, you will not have any trouble. I did not study at all for the CFSA and passed the first time.

As far as the value goes, I think the regulators like seeing the designation.

Best of luck!

Return to Top
#1398715 - 06/02/10 07:02 PM Re: Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA) BlueEyedGirl
Banker27 Offline
100 Club
Thanks so much!

Are there any other certification that you think would be worthwhile for a Bank Internal Auditor? I was interested in the Certified Fraud Examiner, but that looked like a lot of work.

Return to Top
#1398740 - 06/02/10 07:46 PM Re: Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA) Banker27
BlueEyedGirl Offline
BlueEyedGirl
somewhere between here and the...
Not that I can think of...the external auditors and the regulators haven't asked about any other certifications.

Return to Top
#1406034 - 06/21/10 02:50 PM Re: Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA) BlueEyedGirl
kendrar Offline
Gold Star
There is a program out there for a "Certified Community Bank Internal Auditor" that is offered through ICBA. It is a two week certification process during which you receive the training and take the tests then have the certification after you complete the two weeks.

I am a CPA but have never received any "internal audit" credential. The ceo/president has expressed interest in me receiving some sort of traing but wants it to be "bank specific". The above mentioned program is fairly expensive and we are a small institution, while they keep mentioning it I don't ever look for them to send me to it.

Return to Top
#1413911 - 07/12/10 04:31 PM Re: Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA) Banker27
Southern gal Offline
Platinum Poster
TN
How do I start the CFSA certification process? contact info?

Return to Top
#1413955 - 07/12/10 06:02 PM Re: Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA) Southern gal
A_G Offline
10K Club

Return to Top
#1415561 - 07/15/10 06:51 PM Re: Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA) A_G
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
Is anyone seeing the examiners requiring some type of certification for bank auditors? I have a certification but am retiring the end of the year. The young man that replaced me has 15 years of banking experience, has worked for an accounting firm as an external bank auditor, and has a finance degree but no type of auditing certification. We are trying to decide it he really needs it and if the regulators are asking/requiring it.

Return to Top
#1415726 - 07/15/10 09:00 PM Re: Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA) A_G
Southern gal Offline
Platinum Poster
TN
thanks, AG

Return to Top
#1415769 - 07/15/10 10:27 PM Re: Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA) Southern gal
JustMe! Offline
Gold Star
wishful thinking ...
I have received the CCBIA certification from the ICBA as mentioned above. I learned a lot going through the two weeks of classes and tests. I have two assistants and one of them has received the certification and the other has went through week one and will complete week two in September. It is pretty much a requirement of my staff to receive the CCBIA certification. The CEO of the bank I work supports any of his staff better themselves. I am studying to take the CIA test and plan to take the CFSA too.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z