Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1406205 - 06/21/10 06:22 PM Reg DD
GorgeS Offline
100 Club
If the bank decides to lower the POS limits on our debit cards does that fall under section 230.4(b)(5), triggering advanced notice under section 230.5? Thanks

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#1406217 - 06/21/10 06:45 PM Re: Reg DD GorgeS
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Regulation E

Sec. 205.8 Change in terms notice; error resolution notice.

(a) Change in terms notice--(1) Prior notice required. A financial institution shall mail or deliver a written notice to the consumer, at least 21 days before the effective date, of any change in a term or condition required to be disclosed under Sec. 205.7(b) if the change would result in: (i) Increased fees for the consumer;
(ii) Increased liability for the consumer;
(iii) Fewer types of available electronic fund transfers; or
(iv) Stricter limitations on the frequency or dollar amount of transfers

Return to Top
#1407347 - 06/23/10 08:13 PM Re: Reg DD Dani York, CRCM
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Arguably, both Regulation E and Regulation DD call for disclosures concerning such limitations (Regulation DD refers to limits on withdrawals and deposits), and both call for a change in terms or subsequent disclosure if there's a change that is adverse to the consumer. Disclosures that are required by both regulations only have to be made once to comply with both, and a notice of change would similarly only need to be given once.

You can use the Reg E notice period of 21 calendar days and be compliant with both rules, too, in this case.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett