Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1406763 - 06/22/10 06:29 PM Multiple Transaction CTR Question
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
Customer is a signer on a business and an owner of a personal account - 2 cash deposits, one to each account, exceed $10k - Do I do 2 Section A's (one for the business and one for the personal) or 3 Section A's - (one for the business and one for each account owner on the personal)?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1406899 - 06/22/10 09:25 PM Re: Multiple Transaction CTR Question RBanker
devsfan Offline
Diamond Poster
NYC
If the personal account is joint, then you have 3 Section A's. Show the conductor on page 1 and then check box e in Section B (so you don't repeat his info) and then show the joint account-holder and the business on page 2.

Return to Top
#1406940 - 06/23/10 09:07 AM Re: Multiple Transaction CTR Question RBanker
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
The "business"...corporation, partnership, LLC?

Unless the business is a sole proprietorship owned by the same individual who owns the consumer account, you would not aggregate its deposits with deposits made to the consumer account unless the same individual conducted both transactions.

A mere signatory on an account does not benefit from a deposit to that account.

Return to Top
#1407262 - 06/23/10 06:32 PM Re: Multiple Transaction CTR Question Elwood P. Dowd
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
If the "customer" you refer to conducted all the transactions, heed devfan's advice. If the transactions were conducted by different individuals, look to Ken's comments.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1407419 - 06/23/10 09:04 PM Re: Multiple Transaction CTR Question John Burnett
devsfan Offline
Diamond Poster
NYC
My answer was predicated on the assumption (never assume) that the same individual conducted all deposits. Thanks to Ken and John for clarifying the matter.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z