Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1408458 - 06/25/10 07:39 PM OCC Fair Lending Examination
AAB Offline
We are scheduled for an OCC Fair Lending exam later this year and have never been through one before. Has anyone been through one and would you be willing to share some of what they were looking for/at?

I've printed out the handbook and will be reviewing it this weekend, but any additional "real life" help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Return to Top
Audit
#1408659 - 06/26/10 02:31 PM Re: OCC Fair Lending Examination AAB
Patsy Cline Offline
Diamond Poster
Patsy Cline
On the road...
We are OCC too. We had a fair lending examination a few years ago. The examiner said that our name was randomly selected - like we won the lottery! I was freaked out! crazy However, it was very limited scope. One examiner and he seemed annoyed that he had to do the exam. He looked at the HMDA LAR. Pulled only a few files. They have since changed their process and do a fair lending risk assessment everytime they are here.

Good luck. Have you conducted your own fair lending risk assessment?

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?" ~ unknown

Return to Top
#1408671 - 06/27/10 12:18 PM Re: OCC Fair Lending Examination Patsy Cline
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
As Patsy indicated, if you haven't performed your own fair lending risk assessment it will be hard to say what the intensity of your exam might be and what your exam may involve.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z