Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1406939 - 06/23/10 07:03 AM How to Analyze the Annual Report??
mbucheeri Offline
New Poster
Kingdom of Bahrain
Is there a complete manual to analyze the annual report?

like having ratios and methods of figuring out if the organization is doing ok or not?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1406957 - 06/23/10 12:42 PM Re: How to Analyze the Annual Report?? mbucheeri
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
There are standard procedures for analyzing financials by using spreadsheet analysis. Your bank should have a predetermined method so that all analysis is done consistently. The spreadsheet will calculate ratios like current ratio, etc.

A course in credit analysis is usually the first step in how this is done, but it is important to follow the method used by the bank.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1408670 - 06/27/10 09:08 AM Re: How to Analyze the Annual Report?? Kathleen O. Blanchard
mbucheeri Offline
New Poster
Kingdom of Bahrain
Isn't there a complete one that i can use?even if it was in pionts.

i was planning to built my own but i need some guidelines; like an excell sheet that gives the anayzle feedback once some data is entered in it.

Unfortunately our bank doesn't have one, they are relaying on other documents for new clients - regarding the risk dept.

I need it for mostly financial Institutions like banks etc.

Return to Top
#1408685 - 06/27/10 09:03 PM Re: How to Analyze the Annual Report?? mbucheeri
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
There are spreadsheet programs that bank's purchase. Otherwise, what a bank does is develop its own for specialized industries, and relies on RMA (Risk Management Association) statement studies for industry commparisons. This contains information on US companies only.

What you could do is develop a spreadsheet containing the factors your bank uses when evaluating financial institutions. What factors do they feel tell them if a bank is strong or weak, what ratio is good, etc.? What tells them there may be problems?

The people who are doing that analysis now have an idea what they are looking for even if it is not written down. Get that information and put it in a spreadsheet. Test it against your current customers.

Is there a banking association in your country? They may be able to help.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1409264 - 06/29/10 08:04 AM Re: How to Analyze the Annual Report?? Kathleen O. Blanchard
mbucheeri Offline
New Poster
Kingdom of Bahrain
Where can i find a sample document for this issue - just for my own knowledge and understanding??

I mean an example containing ratios and evaluation of a balance sheet or a cashflow statement?

Return to Top