Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1399086 - 06/03/10 02:57 PM Competitive Advertising for Banks
Alberto Pinuel, Jr. Offline
New Poster
Marketing is currently gathering information for a new campaign, and they want to mention what our competitors are offering in the ad, can they do this?

If they can't, can they at least mention the competitions products or offers?

Thank you.

Return to Top
Marketing
#1409953 - 06/30/10 03:53 PM Re: Competitive Advertising for Banks Alberto Pinuel, Jr.
MoneyMaker Offline

100 Club
MoneyMaker
Atlanta, GA USA
As long as you have evidence of public knowledge of a competitor's product or offer, you should be ok. HOWEVER, please think this marketing approach through carefully. Once you start throwing rocks at the competition they might respond and a 'war' might start. You might consider a chart showing competitor A..B. Just a thought.

Return to Top
#1410207 - 06/30/10 06:40 PM Re: Competitive Advertising for Banks MoneyMaker
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
In prior troubled times we ran a graph denoting capital and "strength" of the banks in our area. One was really sick and did close a short time after. It was sick and closed because of what they did, not our ad. And while I never heard depositors came rushing in as a response, I did hear some negative comments pertaining to fair play, so to speak.

So I agree that comparison shopping is better than trashing the other guy. Be tasteful.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker