Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1409817 - 06/30/10 01:36 PM Eclipse Movie
KTMiteComply Offline
Power Poster
KTMiteComply
only if I want to....
Ok...so who all went to see the midnight showing of Eclipse last night...and what did you think?

I LOVED it! It was the best of all of them to me. I didn't think I would make it through New Moon it was so bad...but this one kept me totally focused! Just enough romance and action! wink

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1409823 - 06/30/10 01:43 PM Re: Eclipse Movie KTMiteComply
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Nope. My disappointment in Breaking Dawn and the Twilight movie have prevented me from having any further interest.

Return to Top
#1409827 - 06/30/10 01:47 PM Re: Eclipse Movie RR Becca
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
That's the same problem that I have.

Return to Top
#1409829 - 06/30/10 01:48 PM Re: Eclipse Movie RR Becca
KTMiteComply Offline
Power Poster
KTMiteComply
only if I want to....
awwww...I'm sorry! So what was it in the Breaking Dawn book that disappointed you?

I liked the Twilight movie...but I hadn't read the book at the time, so I didn't realize how much they didn't go by the book. Also the coloring and stuff like that in the movie was weird...but overall I liked the movie...and much better than New Moon.

Return to Top
#1409832 - 06/30/10 01:53 PM Re: Eclipse Movie KTMiteComply
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
You don't want me to get started on Breaking Dawn. Seriously. We'll be here all day. wink

I thought the Twilight movie was abysmal. Bad casting, bad acting, bad make-up, bad effects....just bad. AND it was a huge departure from the book. I know they had to make some changes simply for length's sake - but it barely even tracked. And they could have utilized more form the book itself if they'd left off some of the completely irrelevant scenes they added. Honestly though - I think the casting was the worst part.

Return to Top
#1409833 - 06/30/10 01:55 PM Re: Eclipse Movie RR Becca
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
Nope. My disappointment in Breaking Dawn and the Twilight movie have prevented me from having any further interest.

Yep. Both of them killed it for me. I am completely off the Twilight bandwagon.

Seriously though, Kristen Stewart's acting in "Twilight" is so awful, I couldn't get past it. I had no interest in seeing New Moon because 1) she sucks and 2) Taylor Lautner looks nothing like what Jacob is supposed to look like. He is supposed to look manly and tower over Edward. Instead, he looks like a short teeny bopper with a little kid face and a six pack. LOL

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1409835 - 06/30/10 01:58 PM Re: Eclipse Movie RR Becca
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
You don't want me to get started on Breaking Dawn. Seriously. We'll be here all day. wink

I thought the Twilight movie was abysmal. Bad casting, bad acting, bad make-up, bad effects....just bad. AND it was a huge departure from the book. I know they had to make some changes simply for length's sake - but it barely even tracked. And they could have utilized more form the book itself if they'd left off some of the completely irrelevant scenes they added. Honestly though - I think the casting was the worst part.

YES! Someone else agrees with me. I thought I was the only one! laugh

The only one I like (cast wise) is Robert Pattinson and Billy Burke (Bella's dad). Everyone else is awful.

Breaking Dawn was so bad that I still have not read the whole thing. I got it the day it came out and was excited. It was so bad that I skimmed through most of it.

Return to Top
#1409837 - 06/30/10 01:59 PM Re: Eclipse Movie RR Becca
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
I have a 13 year old daughter - I liked "New Moon" the movie much better than the first one simply because it was made better. They used more CGI, better special effects, the wolves were awesome. It is what it is. I've promised Kid Wonder that we will go see Eclipse when she returns from camp. However, whether or not we will see Breaking Dawn parts 1 and 2 remains to be seen. The writer is promising lots of skin and sex. It doesn't sound like it will be an appropriate movie for tweens and young teens.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1409838 - 06/30/10 02:01 PM Re: Eclipse Movie waldensouth
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
I agree with Billy Burke as good casting. Can't agree with Pattinson. He is just too whiney to be the Edward I had in my head when reading the books.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1409840 - 06/30/10 02:04 PM Re: Eclipse Movie waldensouth
KTMiteComply Offline
Power Poster
KTMiteComply
only if I want to....
I thought Pattinson was much better in Eclipse than either of the other ones. And this one, the special effects were better....music was even better. New Moon was a sleeper to me, so I was presently surprised that I liked this one.

Return to Top
#1409841 - 06/30/10 02:04 PM Re: Eclipse Movie waldensouth
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Burke is the only decent one. The only scene I truly enjoyed in the entire Twilight movie was when Edward came to the door and he was cleaning his shotgun. Granted - it wasn't in the book - but it was funny!

Return to Top
#1409849 - 06/30/10 02:10 PM Re: Eclipse Movie RR Becca
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I will go to Eclipse with my 16 year old niece. It is our special thing. During Twilight she made googlie eyes at the screen over Edward. By the time New Moon came out she was older and Taylor Lautner had beefed up. It wasn't a stretch for her to switch to Team Jacob! I thought I was going to have to hose her down everytime Jacob came on the screen.

Anyway, we'll see Eclipse but neither of us is in a hurry.

The first time I read Breaking Dawn I loved it. I reread it this winter and could actually see Becca's point/s about the book. I didn't like it so much the second time around.

Return to Top
#1409850 - 06/30/10 02:11 PM Re: Eclipse Movie RR Becca
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
Burke is the only decent one. The only scene I truly enjoyed in the entire Twilight movie was when Edward came to the door and he was cleaning his shotgun. Granted - it wasn't in the book - but it was funny!

That was great! A lot of his interaction with Bella and Edward simply made the whole movie!

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1409853 - 06/30/10 02:14 PM Re: Eclipse Movie RR Becca
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
To me, Breaking Dawn was everything that I feared Lost would disintegrate into (but thankfully didn't).

The ending was too much like "having their cake and eating it to" for me - just too many things wrapped up all hunky dory for everyone. Blech!

(I would have preferred the stupid alien spider.)

Return to Top
#1409856 - 06/30/10 02:15 PM Re: Eclipse Movie Aggs
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: Aggs

The only one I like (cast wise) is Robert Pattinson and Billy Burke (Bella's dad). Everyone else is awful.

Breaking Dawn was so bad that I still have not read the whole thing. I got it the day it came out and was excited. It was so bad that I skimmed through most of it.

Nope - you are not alone. smile New Moon and Exclipse were both one-sitting reads for me. In fact, I finished Twilight at about 9:30 pm and had to make an emergency book-store run to buy New Moon, then agonize until Eclipse was released. It was bought and read on release day. Breaking Dawn I pre-purchased and showed up for the midnight release part at the bookstore. I got throught he first two chapters, put it down, and made myself finish it (purely on principle) over the next week or so.

Return to Top
#1409858 - 06/30/10 02:16 PM Re: Eclipse Movie Princess Romeo
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
Um.. PR, its a romance novel for tweens with vampires and werewolves...you were expecting substance?

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1409860 - 06/30/10 02:17 PM Re: Eclipse Movie Princess Romeo
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: Princess Romeo
The ending was too much like "having their cake and eating it to" for me - just too many things wrapped up all hunky dory for everyone. Blech!

I know! Super Bella? Seriously? :rollseyes:

I honestly expected the book to end with the sentence "and they all lived happily ever after." sick

Return to Top
#1409863 - 06/30/10 02:19 PM Re: Eclipse Movie waldensouth
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: waldensouth
Um.. PR, its a romance novel for tweens with vampires and werewolves...you were expecting substance?

Ah - but it didn't start out that way. SM didn't write Twilight intending it to be a YA novel - that's just how her publisher decided to market it. And for the record, the first 3 had CONSIDERABLY more substance (and just plain better writing) than Breaking Dawn.

Return to Top
#1409867 - 06/30/10 02:22 PM Re: Eclipse Movie RR Becca
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Originally Posted By: Aggs

Nope - you are not alone. smile New Moon and Exclipse were both one-sitting reads for me. In fact, I finished Twilight at about 9:30 pm and had to make an emergency book-store run to buy New Moon, then agonize until Eclipse was released. It was bought and read on release day. Breaking Dawn I pre-purchased and showed up for the midnight release part at the bookstore. I got throught he first two chapters, put it down, and made myself finish it (purely on principle) over the next week or so.

Yeah, I read Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse all in a row and all very quickly. I started reading Twilight about 10 days before the release of Breaking Dawn and got hooked, so I also pre-ordered it and went to the midnight release party. Same thing happened - I started reading it right away and then it lost me... I forced myself to skim through it to at least know what happened. It took 2 weeks, as I kept putting it down. LOL I still haven't read it fully and I don't think I want to.

Return to Top
#1409868 - 06/30/10 02:22 PM Re: Eclipse Movie RR Becca
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is

I know! Super Bella? Seriously? :rollseyes:

I honestly expected the book to end with the sentence "and they all lived happily ever after." sick

Umm, you must not have read to the very end because I think it DID! LOL!!!

Return to Top
#1409869 - 06/30/10 02:24 PM Re: Eclipse Movie RR Becca
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Originally Posted By: waldensouth

Ah - but it didn't start out that way. SM didn't write Twilight intending it to be a YA novel - that's just how her publisher decided to market it. And for the record, the first 3 had CONSIDERABLY more substance (and just plain better writing) than Breaking Dawn.

I agree.

At the end, I got sick of her using the same words and descriptions. Over and over and over. Edward was "hard and cold" and Jacob was "warm and soft". And don't get me started on "Edward's cool, sweet breath" - how many times did she use that?!

It was not even close to the level of J.K. Rowling and how she closed the Harry Potter saga. Her writing is on another level, much better than Stephenie Meyer.

Return to Top
#1409872 - 06/30/10 02:26 PM Re: Eclipse Movie Aggs
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
It was not even close to the level of J.K. Rowling and how she closed the Harry Potter saga. Her writing is on another level, much better than Stephenie Meyer.

AMEN SISTAH!

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1409880 - 06/30/10 02:31 PM Re: Eclipse Movie Aggs
madukes Offline
Diamond Poster
madukes
Flyers Country
I thought the movies were addictive - I know they were bad but couldn't stop watching LOL. Kristen Stewart drove me nuts in both movies with her breathing. the constant uhh sounds she was making were very annoying. I agree the casting could have been better (for instance one of the hunky vampires from Vampire Diaries would have been a much better Edward). smile

Return to Top
#1409892 - 06/30/10 02:41 PM Re: Eclipse Movie madukes
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
Watch "Catch that Kid" starring Kristen Stewart and you'll see that she's always done that. She did it during the NBC interview yesterday morning.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1409954 - 06/30/10 03:53 PM Re: Eclipse Movie waldensouth
Snowgirl Offline
Platinum Poster
Went and watched all three last night. Was in the theater for 8 hours and got home around 3:30 am. Loved the movie - it was the best of the three so far and I can't wait for the next one to come out.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3