Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1409959 - 06/30/10 03:56 PM Re: Eclipse Movie Snowgirl
The OG Zaibatsu Offline
Diamond Poster
The OG Zaibatsu
Texas
On an exhaustive list of things to do before I die (in order of preference), fighting Chuck Norris came in at number 12,000,000,000,000,000,000, followed closely behind by waiting in line to see Twilight: Eclipse.

Unfortunately, thanks to Chuck, I'll be dead before I get to 12,000,000,000,000,000,001. Oh, darn the luck!
Last edited by Ruggs; 06/30/10 03:57 PM.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1409974 - 06/30/10 04:10 PM Re: Eclipse Movie The OG Zaibatsu
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I went, loved it, I'm tired. The end.

No really, I thought this was the best, too.

Return to Top
#1409986 - 06/30/10 04:19 PM Re: Eclipse Movie Ops
~MunQue~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~MunQue~
HERE! I'm here!
I'm going on Friday night with my 2 teens and my very unenthused husband, I'm stoked, I can't wait. I was obsessed with the books and the same with the movies, as with my oldest son and my oldest daughter.

Return to Top
#1410105 - 06/30/10 05:38 PM Re: Eclipse Movie ~MunQue~
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I'll be going again with the hubby (who says the movies "aren't that bad", but he secretly really likes them) and my mom.

Return to Top
#1410118 - 06/30/10 05:46 PM Re: Eclipse Movie Ops
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
Going with my granddaughter this weekend. She's a new addict...her mom wouldn't let her see the movies because she thought it was too much for a 10 year old. I convinced her otherwise, and I let her watch the first two movies, and now my my granddaughter is a team Edward superfan!

Return to Top
#1410265 - 06/30/10 07:08 PM Re: Eclipse Movie TINKerBell
Tillie Offline
Gold Star
Tillie
Just spent the weekend in Forks WA for a family reunion.
What can I say..."Twilight" was everywhere!!!

Return to Top
#1410314 - 06/30/10 07:40 PM Re: Eclipse Movie Tillie
PStateBank Offline
Gold Star
PStateBank
Texas
I heard that "Twilight " had taken over Forks. Gift shops and guided tours and all kinds of other memorabilia.

Return to Top
#1410319 - 06/30/10 07:43 PM Re: Eclipse Movie Tillie
Trout2 Offline
New Poster
I'm probably in the minority but I loved the books (Breaking Dawn was my favorite) and the movies so far. Their an escape and total fluff and that's fine by me. If I want deep, I'll read The Scarlet Letter again.

I'll be going my 13 yr old daughter to Eclipse. It has been our bonding thing just like Harry Potter was with my son.

Return to Top
#1410346 - 06/30/10 08:06 PM Re: Eclipse Movie Trout2
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
When I decide to read these threads it just instills in me that I'm still not all that sorry I haven't bothered with the movies. I thought the 1st and 3rd books were the best and the 2nd and 4th were "ok"...but have yet to see any of the movies.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1410396 - 06/30/10 08:51 PM Re: Eclipse Movie RR Joker
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
I thought the 4th book drug on and on. It wasn't my favorite. But I thought the New Moon movie was better than Twilight. No, they aren't great actors, but we are supposed to believe they are 16 & 17 right? If you have ever watched their interviews they do not interview well in real life. Waiting until next week to go see the movie - after all the little screaming teeny-boppers have seen it.

Return to Top
#1410439 - 06/30/10 10:03 PM Re: Eclipse Movie Queen Mum
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
My screaming teenie-bopper is going tonight at 6.

The second movie was better than the first so hopefully this one will step up a little as well.

Just goes to show you, anybody can be a star. sick

Return to Top
#1410460 - 06/30/10 11:23 PM Re: Eclipse Movie bOaty
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
LOVED IT. Went to the Trilogy last night (and I'm about to drop today at work). I thought Eclipse was the best so far. I completely hate Bella and her acting is awful - but that's part of the fun, we all made jokes and laughed at her horrid acting shaking and general awfulness. But love the movies anyway. Of course they're no where near as great as the books, but movies rarely are.

Return to Top
#1410464 - 06/30/10 11:47 PM Re: Eclipse Movie ItNeverEnds CRCM
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
There's a semi-funny SNL skit where a member of Team Edward and Team Jake square off and only agree that Bella is a whiny immature brat who doesn't deserve either guy.

Return to Top
#1410495 - 07/01/10 11:57 AM Re: Eclipse Movie Bacon Boy
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Originally Posted By: BaconBoy
There's a semi-funny SNL skit where a member of Team Edward and Team Jake square off and only agree that Bella is a whiny immature brat who doesn't deserve either guy.

laugh

It's so true... I would have a hard time letting my daughter read this series (when she's older, of course) knowing that Bella is the most desperate female character ever. Her high school boyfriend leaves her and, OMG, like, she can't breathe, live, survive, function... Please!!! That's what bothered me, how dependent and weak she was.

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1410614 - 07/01/10 03:11 PM Re: Eclipse Movie Aggs
~MunQue~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~MunQue~
HERE! I'm here!
From what I remember of all the girls at my highschool, that's the way most of the girls acted or felt when they lost their "first love" or what they thought was their first love (maybe not so openly, but to friends and what not). That was just before all the girls turned into the kind of girls that are slowly starting to over populate my community. You know the girls that will sleep with any guy because feelings don't need to be involved with a relationship, and a relationship doesn't need to be involved for sex, so when something happens like he leaves, well why the heck would she care. I don't think it was to make her appear weak, but to make her appear to be 16. They overdramatize.

And now that I'm pretty far off the subject,

Trout2, I'm in the minority with you, I loved the books, all of them, read them all multiple times, and though I agree with everyone that the acting is pretty bad, and honestly I'm not sure that I would love the movies if I hadn't loved the books, I'm thinking they probably aren't real good to someone who hasn't. Regardless, I'm super excited to go see Eclipse tomorrow.

Return to Top
#1410645 - 07/01/10 03:46 PM Re: Eclipse Movie ~MunQue~
PStateBank Offline
Gold Star
PStateBank
Texas
I Agree^^^^

Return to Top
#1410663 - 07/01/10 04:09 PM Re: Eclipse Movie PStateBank
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
I went online today to find out when the Sat afternoon show would be playing and watched the Harry Potter Trailer. Oh my goodness! It looked pretty close to the book and very good. Its gonna be in 3D - need to find out if they will be showing it at the IMAX in Tallahassee in November!

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1410670 - 07/01/10 04:26 PM Re: Eclipse Movie Aggs
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
Originally Posted By: Aggs
Originally Posted By: BaconBoy

laugh

It's so true... I would have a hard time letting my daughter read this series (when she's older, of course) knowing that Bella is the most desperate female character ever. Her high school boyfriend leaves her and, OMG, like, she can't breathe, live, survive, function... Please!!! That's what bothered me, how dependent and weak she was.

My teacher friend hates these books (she's in constant fear I'll have one of the movies on when she comes over) and her reason is, they encourage girls to set unrealistic standards in dating and gives the thumbs-up to remain codependent and insignificant without a male presence.

Return to Top
#1410676 - 07/01/10 04:30 PM Re: Eclipse Movie Bacon Boy
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
When's Less Grossman going to talk over making this movie? Maybe then it would be good.

Return to Top
#1410682 - 07/01/10 04:34 PM Re: Eclipse Movie Bacon Boy
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
That also gives you a lot to discuss with your daughter if you read the books with her. Kid Wonder has a really close friend (15) whose boyfriend broke up with her. She was kicked out of school for taking a knife to school and cutting herself. Both the New Moon and this situation opened the door for me to talk with KW about this.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1410708 - 07/01/10 05:03 PM Re: Eclipse Movie waldensouth
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
Waldensouth - I think you make a great point that it can open the door to talk with your kids about this. A lot of teen agers feel this way when they have issues with a boyfriend - I remember (barely) what it was like to be a teenager and you do overreact and you do feel like your world has ended when you loose a boyfriend - or when won't give you the time of day. If my daughter was old enough (she's only 5) I'd definately let her read them and we would talk about it. I've seen a lot of people at work that have been able to share these books with their daughters and I think that's been great. How often does a book come out that both the parent and the kid love? What a neat experience. As an example, a group of us from work went to the trilogy and some brought their daughters.

Return to Top
#1410717 - 07/01/10 05:20 PM Re: Eclipse Movie ItNeverEnds CRCM
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
One of my co-workers was also able to use the books to talk with her teenage daughter.

Return to Top
#1410765 - 07/01/10 06:08 PM Re: Eclipse Movie Ops
~MunQue~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~MunQue~
HERE! I'm here!
I, fortunately had already talked to mine about everything, I mean, she's 12 years old, but she's 5'7 and a hottie, and all these older boys and some men are asking her out thinking she's 17, we've had just about every talk we could have, I think.

I don't get this whole cutting thing, my son says that one of his friends says she's going to kill herself on her 16th birthday, she's 13 now, but all this is supposed to be cool to them, emo is supposed to be cool, I don't get it. Where did it come from?

I wouldn't blame it on Twilight though, There was no cutting. Biting, snapping off heads, yes, no cutting. If anything I agree that it was pretty cool that me, my daughter and my son all were reading and discussing the same books at the same time.

Return to Top
#1410840 - 07/01/10 07:06 PM Re: Eclipse Movie ~MunQue~
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
The cutting is sort of like Bella's extreme activities in New Moon - it takes the emotional pain away and replaces it with the physical. I don't get it and don't understand why anyone would do this - I hate pain.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1411041 - 07/01/10 09:54 PM Re: Eclipse Movie waldensouth
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
When my daughter was the age of yours (tweens) our church did a mother/daughter group and I believe the book we discussed was "Raising Ophelia". It was all about a girl that was into cutting herself. You might want to check it out.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3