Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#1654767 - 01/24/12 08:40 AM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend ecrew,CRCM
wavewatcher Offline
Diamond Poster
wavewatcher
Hawaii
good deal! keeping her in my prayers from HI

Return to Top
#1654826 - 01/24/12 02:25 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend ecrew,CRCM
Phoenix Offline
Platinum Poster
Phoenix
southeast
ditto

Return to Top
#1656546 - 01/26/12 06:34 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend ecrew,CRCM
ecrew,CRCM Offline
100 Club
ecrew,CRCM
Fl
She has not progressed any. The doctor had to "manually" dialate her to 1 centimeter. She is scheduled to be induced next Thursday, which is her due date, is she does not progress on her own. I'm hoping she goes into labor on her own, I was induced with both of my chidren but I stopped progressing during labor, and it was horrible. I can't imagine being induced right from the start.

Return to Top
#1656571 - 01/26/12 06:56 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend ecrew,CRCM
CountryGal Offline
New Poster
CountryGal
God's Country
Originally Posted By: lcrew
She has not progressed any. The doctor had to "manually" dialate her to 1 centimeter. She is scheduled to be induced next Thursday, which is her due date, is she does not progress on her own. I'm hoping she goes into labor on her own, I was induced with both of my chidren but I stopped progressing during labor, and it was horrible. I can't imagine being induced right from the start.

I was induced from the start with both of mine and had no problems. I have, however, heard horror stories from people that have been induced though. Good luck to her!

Return to Top
#1656632 - 01/26/12 07:46 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend ecrew,CRCM
ecrew,CRCM Offline
100 Club
ecrew,CRCM
Fl
I was hoping her labor would be easy. I did make her laugh by saying "Hey nothing regarding your pregancy happened naturally, so why would your delivery be." I did cringe after I said it, but she laughed.

Return to Top
#1656664 - 01/26/12 08:10 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend ecrew,CRCM
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
It will all be fine. I didn't progress any either and then it was determined that my son was breech. One c-section later and I hate a beautiful little boy.

Return to Top
#1656678 - 01/26/12 08:21 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend ecrew,CRCM
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Induction is all I know. And I was not allowed to have an epidural (pre-eclampsia too foregone). I was 5 weeks premature with zero progression. But the birth went beautifully. Wishing her luck!!!

Return to Top
#1659544 - 02/02/12 01:15 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend ecrew,CRCM
ecrew,CRCM Offline
100 Club
ecrew,CRCM
Fl
Hopefully today is the day. She was admitted to the hospital this morning and was induced. Unfortunately, she had not dialated any more than the 1 centimeter, and has not felt any contractions. Doctor told her it would be 24-48hrs before the baby may be born. I told her I'm doing wishful thinking and say late this afternoon.

She really would like for her baby to born today, since it's her grandmother's birthday. But like the most of us know, babies come when they want to, I know mine did laugh

Return to Top
#1659824 - 02/02/12 05:01 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend ecrew,CRCM
Little Miss BSA Offline
Diamond Poster
Little Miss BSA
Miami
I thought I had read an earlier thread that said she would be having c-seaction? When I was pregnant with my twin girls I was placed on strict bed rest on my 3rd month due to pre-eclampsia and had an emergency c-section at 7 and a half months...at first when he said emergency c-section I freaked out because everyone always made the words c-section sound horrible and the worst possible thing..but I have to say I had absolutely no problems with recovery or anything. I was up and about by the next day (with no pain) and I didn't have any after pain from an episiotomy or all those other things you hear about... Just saying a c-section isn't always a bad thing and if it means less stress for the baby then it may be the way to go.

Return to Top
#1659832 - 02/02/12 05:03 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend ecrew,CRCM
ecrew,CRCM Offline
100 Club
ecrew,CRCM
Fl
She really did not want to do a c-section. Apparently, her placenta moved while her uterus grew. Her doctor's gave her the ok for her to deliver vaginally. (I personally did not agree, but I support her with whatever decision she wants to make.) If her inducement does progress as planned or if the baby begins to show signs of stress, they will do an emeregency c-section. She says she has prepared herself for that if it happens.

I think, because her pregnancy wasn't conceived in a "normal" way and because she feels like her preganancy wasn't "normal" that at least her delivery should be. She makes me laugh, because I told her "You realize that your life is no longer going to be normal was the baby is here, you just got a head start."

Return to Top
#1659892 - 02/02/12 06:09 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend ecrew,CRCM
Little Miss BSA Offline
Diamond Poster
Little Miss BSA
Miami
I can totally understand her feeling that way...coming from someone who never went into labor since I had an emergency c-section, I don't know what labor pains are or what the pains of giving birth is either or the feeling of pushing your baby out into this world...I have always inwardly felt kind of like less of a woman/mother for that - even though all my friends who have gone through natural labor tell me that I am lucky and crazy for thinking that way smile but still I can totally relate to her

Return to Top
#1659981 - 02/02/12 07:24 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend ecrew,CRCM
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Little Miss - I also had a planned c-section (breach baby) and feel the same way. I know it sounds strange to most - but apparently not to you. I'm glad ot know it's not 'just' me.

Return to Top
#1659996 - 02/02/12 08:04 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend ecrew,CRCM
Little Miss BSA Offline
Diamond Poster
Little Miss BSA
Miami
So glad to see someone else that feels the same way Dutchess. My friends all think I am crazy or some kind of masochist LOL...can't help it, I have always felt this way (my twins turn 16 at the end of this year).

Return to Top
#1660079 - 02/02/12 09:36 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend ecrew,CRCM
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I've always felt this way and my son will be 25 this summer. I just felt that I didn't do it 'right'. I know that sounds really silly.

Return to Top
#1660179 - 02/03/12 12:47 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend ecrew,CRCM
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Any news on the new mama and baby?

Return to Top
#1660249 - 02/03/12 02:18 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend ecrew,CRCM
ecrew,CRCM Offline
100 Club
ecrew,CRCM
Fl
We welcome into the world.

Madison
Born on 2/2/2012 @ 11:41pm
8 lbs, 1.5 oz
21 inches long

I want to thank everybody for their prayers. The new parents have had a long, difficult journey, and now they can begin a new chapter in their lives.

Return to Top
#1660253 - 02/03/12 02:20 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend ecrew,CRCM
80's Lady Offline
Gold Star
That is wonderful news! smile And she got to have her yesterday. I have chills.

Return to Top
#1660254 - 02/03/12 02:20 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend ecrew,CRCM
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Congratulations to everybody. That's a good sized baby, too.

Return to Top
#1660259 - 02/03/12 02:29 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend 80's Lady
ecrew,CRCM Offline
100 Club
ecrew,CRCM
Fl
Originally Posted By: 80's Lady
That is wonderful news! smile And she got to have her yesterday. I have chills.

I know, her grannie turned 91 years old yesterday. This is her first great, grandchild.

(Now, I wish I can stop crying, so I can work.)

Return to Top
#1660263 - 02/03/12 02:34 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend Little Miss BSA
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
Originally Posted By: Little Miss BSA
I can totally understand her feeling that way...coming from someone who never went into labor since I had an emergency c-section, I don't know what labor pains are or what the pains of giving birth is either or the feeling of pushing your baby out into this world...I have always inwardly felt kind of like less of a woman/mother for that - even though all my friends who have gone through natural labor tell me that I am lucky and crazy for thinking that way smile but still I can totally relate to her

I can totally understand why you feel that way, and actually I have always felt weird that I don't feel that way. I had a planned C-section, and I loved almost every minute of it. (I had a major freak out cause they wouldn't let my husband in the room until after the epidural took hold but once he was there it was fine) I know alot of people who are very against c-section, or even against drugs (I have alot of "crunchy" friends) but I never regreted my birth choice. I'm sorry that you do- but the important thing is that you have Beautiful Healthy Children. smile

And congrats to the new mommy!!! Let the fun begin. smile

Return to Top
#1660277 - 02/03/12 03:02 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend ecrew,CRCM
esks Offline
Willie still loves razor bacon...
CONGRATS to the newly expanded family!! What a blessing she is!

Loralie - I don't feel weird having had a c-section either. Twin girls, Baby A was breech, bed rest for a week and had them three weeks early. I was actually relieved I had a c-section. I'm pretty OCD about being organized and prepared, and I wouldn't have done well in a "the babies are coming, the babies are coming" rush to the hospital.

Return to Top
#1660287 - 02/03/12 03:00 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend ecrew,CRCM
ecrew,CRCM Offline
100 Club
ecrew,CRCM
Fl
I have a question regarding c-sections, but I'm going to start a different thread regarding that topic.

Return to Top
#1660407 - 02/03/12 04:56 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend ecrew,CRCM
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Welcome to this world, Madison! Congrats to mom and dad!

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1660645 - 02/03/12 08:39 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend Loralie
Little Miss BSA Offline
Diamond Poster
Little Miss BSA
Miami
Originally Posted By: Loralie
Originally Posted By: Little Miss BSA

I can totally understand why you feel that way, and actually I have always felt weird that I don't feel that way. I had a planned C-section, and I loved almost every minute of it. (I had a major freak out cause they wouldn't let my husband in the room until after the epidural took hold but once he was there it was fine) I know alot of people who are very against c-section, or even against drugs (I have alot of "crunchy" friends) but I never regreted my birth choice. I'm sorry that you do- but the important thing is that you have Beautiful Healthy Children. smile

And congrats to the new mommy!!! Let the fun begin. smile

Oh no Loralie, please don't misunderstand me...I am totally pro c-section. You may not have read all of my posts yesterday but I actually had a great experience with my c-section with no pain and almost an immediate recovery (no episiotomy or hemrroid horror stories). It is also much less stress on the new born baby coming into the world, especialy with a multiple birth such as mine was...I was just saying that since it was my one and only birthing experience (since I had twins and was not about to chance on having another multiple pregnancy) that I have always felt like I may have missed out on what that feeling and experience actually is....I have watched my closest friends while they gave birth and it just seemed to be such a perfectly personal and wonderful moment when they made that final push and delivered their baby... But by no means am I anti c-sections... Considering what a wonderful experiemce I had with it I would more than likely opt to go that same route again if I had that choice...

Return to Top
#1660662 - 02/03/12 08:58 PM Re: Need Prayers for fellow co-worker/friend ecrew,CRCM
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
However your babies came into the world, they are enormous blessings. Don't waste a single second wishing that your birth had been something different or that you didn't do something the "right" way. You are a parent, and that's an amazing thing. Always remember that there are an awful lot of people who would give anything in the world to have a child no matter how. smile

Congratulations to Madison's parents and all who love her. And welcome, precious miracle Madison! May God richly bless this family.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett