Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#141577 - 12/19/03 04:41 PM Lending Documentation
jzirbes Offline
New Poster
The regulatory examiners have recently informed our bank we should be including the IRS Form 4506 Request for Copy or Transcript of Tax form in our loan documentation. I would like to know if there is a regulatory guideline that can be found regarding this form. Specifically are the guidelines for loans above a certain threshold or non-cpa prepared tax returns, etc.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#141578 - 12/19/03 04:47 PM Re: Lending Documentation
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Sounds like an examiner preference to me. I know of no regulatory requirement to obtain the form or have the form signed by the customer. More of a best practice issue.

Return to Top
#141579 - 12/19/03 05:01 PM Re: Lending Documentation
vaca Offline
vaca
The 4506 Verification is required on most SBA Loans. It allows the lender to verify that the copy of the tax return the customer submitted to them matches the copy they submitted to the IRS. If an SBA loan defaults and the 4506 is not found and there is a discrepancy with the tax return filed, it can nullify your SBA guaranty. The SBA Authorization would spell out the 4506 requirement.

I am not aware of any other loan where it is required or any regulation requiring it.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z