Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1416089 - 07/16/10 05:53 PM Physical Address - International School Students
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
We have an international school in our town (United World College). In performing CIP, we do get the name, birth date and identifying information (passport, country of issuance) for those students. They all generally get a PO Box issued by the post office for their mailing address. However, I have rarely seen a physical address (esp. since our system cannot accept international addresses -- state/province and country). I'm considering using the Physical Address of the school as the physical address for these students. Is that acceptable? Other alternatives?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1416099 - 07/16/10 06:02 PM Re: Physical Address - International School Students Doug Hendrickson
M Cockrell Offline
Diamond Poster
M Cockrell
Dallas, TX
103.121(b)(2)(ii) says you may use: "...the residential or business street address of next of kin or of another contact individual;..."

Return to Top
#1416178 - 07/16/10 07:16 PM Re: Physical Address - International School Students M Cockrell
kw004h Offline
100 Club
Chicagoland, IL
103.121(b)(2)(i) says you are to use the individual's residential address.

Is there a reason why you would not just be able to use the address where the student sleeps as their current address?

(I.e., Joe Q Student, School Name, Dorm Name & Room Number, Street Address of Dorm, City ,State, Zip)

Return to Top
#1416182 - 07/16/10 07:20 PM Re: Physical Address - International School Students kw004h
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
Thanks to you both. At a minimum I'll see I can obtain the school's physical address. Then if the student does have a dorm name and number we can add that as well. Thanks again!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z