Thread Options
#1418968 - 07/22/10 08:41 PM Re: recipe help Truffle Royale
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale

the glutton free cake

This is the kind that Peepers is not allowed to have!
laugh laugh

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1418981 - 07/22/10 09:00 PM Re: recipe help califgirl
compliancemom Offline
New Poster
West TN
Another take on "rotel" dip that's always a hit:

Use pork sausage instead of ground beef and add a can of cream of mushroom soup. Much creamier and the cheese doesn't get so gloppy....

Return to Top
#1419082 - 07/23/10 03:28 AM Re: recipe help Ops
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Originally Posted By: Ops
You'll never go back to the meatless!

There are sooooo many ways to interpret that statement whistle

Return to Top
#1419099 - 07/23/10 12:22 PM Re: recipe help kms
MoodyBlue Offline
100 Club
Below the Mason Dixon Line
I left out the mandarin oranges in my original post----

Oh--I forgot about this one and I usually double it----

Fruit Stuff

1 4-serving size box instant vanilla pudding (regular or sugar free)
1 regular can (20 oz) of crushed pineapple---do not drain.
1 regular can of fruit cocktail or mixed fruit--drained
1 small can (5 - 6 oz) mandarin oranges--drained
1 banana--sliced into rounds

Mix the dry pudding and undrained pineapple together.---(The pudding should dissolve in the juice)
Stir in the fruit cocktail & mandarin oranges and mix well. Add the sliced banana and gently stir it into the mixture.

Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.

Can also add a little cocunut & nuts.

Edited by elvisfan (07/21/10 04:04 PM)

Return to Top
#1419102 - 07/23/10 12:29 PM Re: recipe help RR Joker
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

only ^^^ would have specially designated asparagus tongs!

My wife has them, I bought them so she would stop poisoning real food with the asparagus.
Last edited by EdAudit; 07/23/10 12:30 PM.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1419133 - 07/23/10 01:19 PM Re: recipe help DD Regs
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: DD Regs
No it is NOT, a pizza consist of crust, a red tomato based sauce and cheese. Meat and veggies are optional. Anything other than what I have described above is just stuff on a crust, but it is NOT pizza.

Just like kicking a little white ball around a field and falling down in agony when someone "kicks" you is NOT football.

Now you're just wrong. Pizza evolved to add tomato based sauce and become the standard, however, it was not always the standard. In fact, mozzarella cheese didn't meat pizza crust until the pizza came to America and they made cheese from buffalo milk. Pizza has been around since the days of the Roman Empire and beyond, yet tomato sauce didn't get put on it until the late 17th century.

The original pizza was a flatbread with anything on it.

Return to Top
#1419136 - 07/23/10 01:25 PM Re: recipe help califgirl
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: califgirl
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale

the glutton free cake

This is the kind that Peepers is not allowed to have!
laugh laugh

I've been glutton free since breakfast

Return to Top
#1419137 - 07/23/10 01:25 PM Re: recipe help B_F
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: B_F
No it is NOT, a pizza consist of crust, a red tomato based sauce and cheese. Meat and veggies are optional. Anything other than what I have described above is just stuff on a crust, but it is NOT pizza.

Just like kicking a little white ball around a field and falling down in agony when someone "kicks" you is NOT football.

Now you're just wrong. Pizza evolved to add tomato based sauce and become the standard, however, it was not always the standard. In fact, mozzarella cheese didn't meat pizza crust until the pizza came to America and they made cheese from buffalo milk. Pizza has been around since the days of the Roman Empire and beyond, yet tomato sauce didn't get put on it until the late 17th century.

you scare me

Return to Top
#1419142 - 07/23/10 01:33 PM Re: recipe help Peepers
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
From Wikiwiki:

The word "pizza" is a contemporary mispronunciation of the word "pita",a type of bread and dish that exists since time immemorial in the Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisines. By 997 the term had appeared in Medieval Latin, and in 16th century Naples a Galette flatbread was referred to as a pizza. The pizza was a baker's tool: a dough used to verify the temperature of the oven. A dish of the poor people, it was sold in the street and was not considered a kitchen recipe for a long time. Before the 17th century, the pizza was covered with white sauce. This was later replaced by oil, cheese, tomatoes or fish. In 1843, Alexandre Dumas, père described the diversity of pizza toppings. In June 1889, to honor the Queen consort of Italy, Margherita of Savoy, the Neapolitan chef Raffaele Esposito created the "Pizza Margherita," a pizza garnished with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and basil, to represent the colors of the Italian flag. He was the first to add cheese. The sequence through which flavored flatbreads of the ancient and medieval Mediterranean became the dish popularized in the 20th century is not fully understood.

confused Where is the reference to buffalo cheese?

Return to Top
#1419148 - 07/23/10 01:45 PM Re: recipe help Peepers
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: Peepers

you scare me

From Wiki
In the United States
Main article: Pizza in the United States
Due to the wide influence of Italian and Greek immigrants in American culture, the US has developed regional forms of pizza, some bearing only a casual resemblance to the Italian original. Chicago has its own style of a deep-dish pizza, whereas New York City has kept to the traditionally thin crust pizza.
In the US there is only two types of pizza the rest is just junk on crust.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1419164 - 07/23/10 02:01 PM Re: recipe help B_F
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp

I think this should be verified by Pale. grin

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1419172 - 07/23/10 02:07 PM Re: recipe help edAudit
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: EdAudit

you scare me

I've been saved!

Return to Top
#1419179 - 07/23/10 02:14 PM Re: recipe help Peepers
~MunQue~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~MunQue~
HERE! I'm here!
I'm so ordering pizza for dinner tonight. My husband wanted pasta primavera (which is also meatless)oh well, poor guy.

Return to Top
#1419181 - 07/23/10 02:17 PM Re: recipe help ~MunQue~
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I know - this thread has been making me crave pizza for 3 days now. The hubby doesn't really care for pizza that often, but he may just have to suck it up and deal.

Return to Top
#1419183 - 07/23/10 02:18 PM Re: recipe help edAudit
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle

you scare me

From Wiki
In the United States
Main article: Pizza in the United States
Due to the wide influence of Italian and Greek immigrants in American culture, the US has developed regional forms of pizza, some bearing only a casual resemblance to the Italian original. Chicago has its own style of a deep-dish pizza, whereas New York City has kept to the traditionally thin crust pizza.

AMEN!

Return to Top
#1419213 - 07/23/10 02:42 PM Re: recipe help DD Regs
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
We made individual pizza's last night...yummmmmmmm!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#1419217 - 07/23/10 02:44 PM Re: recipe help DD Regs
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Something important to realize about New York pizza is that one of the most popular pizzas is the White Pizza which has no tomato sauce or meat.

Oh, and Wiki isn't the only source out there. Try a search for history of pizza and pick a source people actually check for accuracy.

Return to Top
#1419220 - 07/23/10 02:45 PM Re: recipe help B_F
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
My god man, if people's opinions of pizza makes you this testy, just how high strung and literal are you... it's pizza man, chill.

Return to Top
#1419228 - 07/23/10 02:52 PM Re: recipe help #Just Jay
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
The last time I visted my friend Princess Leah she introduced me to a White Pizza - I have never looked at Pizza the same. It was amazing.

Return to Top
#1419229 - 07/23/10 02:52 PM Re: recipe help #Just Jay
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
People take their pizza too personally 'round here. I enjoy a white pizza as well as one laden with meat. Humans are omnivores, afterall.

Return to Top
#1419232 - 07/23/10 02:56 PM Re: recipe help Bacon Boy
~MunQue~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~MunQue~
HERE! I'm here!
At papa murphy's you can get the pizza with the white sauce, and it's topped with tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, artichokes and spinach with mozzarella cheese, it's amazing.

Return to Top
#1419238 - 07/23/10 02:59 PM Re: recipe help B_F
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Something important to realize about New York pizza is that one of the most popular pizzas is the White Pizza which has no tomato sauce or meat.

Oh, and Wiki isn't the only source out there. Try a search for history of pizza and pick a source people actually check for accuracy.

http://pizzaware.com/facts.htm
Favorite Pizza Toppings in the United States

Pepperoni is by far America's favorite topping, (36% of all pizza orders). Approximately 251,770,000 pounds of pepperoni are consumed on pizzas annually. Other popular pizza toppings are mushrooms, extra cheese, sausage, green pepper and onions.

Gourmet toppings are gaining ground in some areas of the country such as chicken, oysters, crayfish, dandelions, sprouts, eggplant, Cajun shrimp, artichoke hearts and tuna. More recent trends include game meats such as venison, duck and Canadian bacon.

US pizza makers have turned breakfast into a pizza-eating opportunity by adapting peanut butter & jelly, and, bacon & egg toppings to their pizzas.

Mozzarella cheese represents 30% of total cheese output. Production of Italian cheeses such as mozzarella, provolone, ricotta, parmesan and Romano by U.S. cheese makers more than doubled between 1980 and 1992, from 688.6 MILLION pounds per year to nearly 2 BILLION pounds per year. (Source: Cheese Market News.)

Manufacturers' sales of pizza cheese should top $32 BILLION by 2004. U.S. per capita consumption of mozzarella cheese was 7.93 pounds in 1994 and is predicted to reach 12.51 pounds by 2004. (Source: Business Trend Analysts, BTA.)

62% of Americans prefer meat toppings on their pizza, while 38% prefer vegetarian toppings. (Source: Bolla Wines.)

Women are twice as likely as men to order vegetarian toppings on their pizza. (Source: Bolla Wines.)

Barbeque pizza emerged as one of the more popular pizza variations in a 1994 study by the National Restaurant Association. Nearly 33% of menus offered some form of this dish. Other popular variations were Mexican pizza, white pizza, five-cheese combos, non-cheese pies and traditional Italian pizzas such as Margherita, Florentine and new potato pizzas. (Source: National Restaurant Association.)

CAMS

Return to Top
#1419243 - 07/23/10 03:03 PM Re: recipe help edAudit
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Gourmet toppings are gaining ground in some areas of the country such as chicken, oysters, crayfish, dandelions, sprouts, eggplant, Cajun shrimp, artichoke hearts and tuna. More recent trends include game meats such as venison, duck and Canadian bacon.

why even make a pizza if this is what is considered a topping?

just graze in your front yard and cut out the middle man

Return to Top
#1419244 - 07/23/10 03:03 PM Re: recipe help ~MunQue~
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Maybe this is why Pizza Hutt has "anyway you want it"...so as not to offend anyone's preference! wink

Return to Top
#1419246 - 07/23/10 03:05 PM Re: recipe help RR Joker
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: RR joker
Maybe this is why Pizza Hutt has "anyway you want it"...so as not to offend anyone's preference! wink

Pizza Hutt is to Pizza as White Castle is to fine french cooking (Sorry Peepers)

CAMS

Return to Top
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7