Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1421158 - 07/28/10 08:56 PM List of Service Providers
gbkmoore Offline
Florida
do you have to list the HUD line number Service Providers list? We have been having a problem with not all Closing Agents/Title Companies listing items on the same lines and sometimes it may not correspond with the HUD, is that okay or does it matter?

Return to Top
RESPA
#1421301 - 07/29/10 12:46 PM Re: List of Service Providers gbkmoore
gbkmoore Offline
Florida
are there any requirements with the Service Provider list?

Return to Top
#1421322 - 07/29/10 01:11 PM Re: List of Service Providers gbkmoore
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Your service provider list doesn't require a HUD line number. It's normally just a list of particular providers and contact info depending on the service.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1421347 - 07/29/10 01:44 PM Re: List of Service Providers RR Joker
gbkmoore Offline
Florida
we only choose and obtain quotes from Title companies for title insurance; and have a list of appraisers that we have quote prices from based on the county where the appraisal will be done; the Flood Determinations and Credit Reports we always order from CBC Innovis; and the Surveys we do not have a list we choose from the borrowers can choose;

Return to Top
#1421377 - 07/29/10 02:08 PM Re: List of Service Providers gbkmoore
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
gbkmoore, first, you do NOT provide a list for services you pick the provider for.

Second, a borrower can NEVER choose the appraiser. That must be done following HVCC guidelines by someone at your FI outside of the lending area. They also do not chose the credit reporting agency.

According to what you posted above, IF a survey is a requirement of the loan and you are letting the borrower chose it, that's the ONLY thing you would be giving a provider list for. If the survey is not a requirement of the loan, it doesn't go on the GFE at all.

Return to Top
#1421410 - 07/29/10 02:26 PM Re: List of Service Providers Truffle Royale
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
ditto what TR said...but in addition, or to expand on...

"We only choose and obtain quote from Title companies for title insurance"..

Are you saying you do or do NOT allow the borrower to then pick..or are you requiring a specific TC?

If you allow them to pick (so long as approved by you) you need to give a list, even if it includes only one TC.

Return to Top
#1421414 - 07/29/10 02:28 PM Re: List of Service Providers Truffle Royale
gbkmoore Offline
Florida
yes sorry for confusion, but we do always order and choose our appraiser and order the credit reports,
we do only list the title company and surveyor on the list or providers, i can not find anywhere where there is a requirements for the list; We usually list the name of the Provider, the amount charged, and have been listed the HUD Line #;
Do you only have to provide the name of the company or the address and contact number too?
and i do not see where it is required to list the HUD line # either/
thank you!

Return to Top
#1421422 - 07/29/10 02:33 PM Re: List of Service Providers gbkmoore
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
So you're letting the borrower chose the title company? And you require a survey on every loan? Those would be the only reasons to give provider lists for those items.

As to amount charged and HUD line number, neither of those are required on the list. Only the name and contact info of the provider(s). Most lists I've seen have a disclaimer on the top about the bank not recommending any one on the list, etc. There's a copy or two somewhere on this forum. Maybe someone has it linked and could share it with you or you can search it.

Return to Top
#1421433 - 07/29/10 02:43 PM Re: List of Service Providers Truffle Royale
gbkmoore Offline
Florida
a copy would be great if anyone knows where on bankers online i can get a sample copy of the service provider list?
thank you!

Return to Top
#1421440 - 07/29/10 02:49 PM Re: List of Service Providers gbkmoore
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
gbk, there are some threads from early on where Dan posted a good "disclaimer" to go with a provider list, but it's simply something like your letterhead with what you requiring, like say, Title Serivces/Settlement provider. Some software, like Calyx, has it built in the system and you just fill in the details.

John Doe, Esquire
9999 Everybody Lane
America, US 99999
xxx-xxx-xxxx

Joe Blow and Partners
2222 Nobody's Lane
America, US 9999
xxx-xxxx-xxxx

get the picture?

Return to Top
#1421457 - 07/29/10 03:06 PM Re: List of Service Providers RR Joker
gbkmoore Offline
Florida
so we should be providing address and phone numbers!
thank you very much, will try to find those earlier threads too,

Return to Top

Moderator:  QCL