Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1424972 - 08/05/10 08:25 PM What counts in 6 transaction limit for MMDA??
complofcr Offline
100 Club
SE USA
Can anyone give me a quick break down of what counts in the limit of 6 transactions for MMDDA? I understand all third party checks and debits count. What confuses me is the in-bank transfers that do & don't count - paper check payable to cash, internet transfer, online system transfer, paper check payable to bank for loan payment, AFT for loan payment, etc.
Thanks!!

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#1424995 - 08/05/10 08:40 PM Re: What counts in 6 transaction limit for MMDA?? complofcr
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
BOL has the answer yet again. See this article:

http://www.bankersonline.com/tools/regdlimits_chart.html

Return to Top
#1425004 - 08/05/10 08:46 PM Re: What counts in 6 transaction limit for MMDA?? complofcr
dcl1963 Offline
100 Club
LA
Counting in the 6 - 3rd party checks, debit card trans, automatic transfers to another account of the account holder (internet, ACH, auto overdraft protection, telephone, fax), transfers to 3rd party (auto tsf, ACH, telephone, fax, internet banking). Items that do not count in the 6 - loan payments, in person transactions by the account holder such as cashed checks or ATM withdrawals; in person transfers to another account; transfers made according to mailed in instructions...there is a tool in Bankers Online Tools under Reg D that should help tremendously. I probably missed something so check out the Tools section.

Return to Top
#1425012 - 08/05/10 08:50 PM Re: What counts in 6 transaction limit for MMDA?? dcl1963
complofcr Offline
100 Club
SE USA
Thank you!! I have actually seen this chart on here before, but I honestly couldn't find it! Reg E & Escrow & FCRA have all gotten to me lately!! Thanks again!!

Return to Top
#1425021 - 08/05/10 08:59 PM Re: What counts in 6 transaction limit for MMDA?? complofcr
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
An easy way to remember it (and this is not an exact science, more like a cheat sheet) is that if it is convenient for the customer, it counts.

Return to Top
#1425537 - 08/06/10 07:23 PM Re: What counts in 6 transaction limit for MMDA?? Blade Scrapper
Georgia Plum
Unregistered

I use this

If the customer has to get up off the seat of his pants, it doesn't count (go to bank, go to ATM, go to post office to mail a request for withdrawal). Everything else does.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett