Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#142570 - 12/22/03 11:23 PM Jung Typology Test
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Here's another interesting test.

According to the Jung - Myers-Briggs Typology, all people can be classified using four criteria:

Extroversion - Introversion
Sensing - Intuition
Thinking - Feeling
Judging - Perceiving

Different combinations of the criteria determine a type.

For example: ISTJ
Introvert Sensing Thinking Judging

You will obtain your type formula, strength of the preferences and type description as a result of the Jung Typology Test. It may help you to identify your general life style and your style in certain fields of activity.

My outcome was iNTj - "The Portrait of the Mastermind" was the title of the site analysis - Cool!

Return to Top
#142571 - 12/23/03 04:22 AM Re: Jung Typology Test
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Your Type is
ISFP
Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
89 1 67 11
You are:
very expressed introvert

slightly expressed sensing personality

distinctively expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality
ISFPs are the first to hear the different drummer. Many eagerly plunge into new fashions, avant garde experiences, 'hip' trends--some even setting the trends.
More in touch with the reality of their senses than their INFP counterparts, ISFPs live in the here and now. Their impulses yearn to be free, and are often loosed when others least expect it. The ISFP who continually represses these impulses feels 'dead inside' and may eventually cut and run. (One ISFP friend has become nonambulatory within the past few years. He will still, on impulse, leave home in the middle of the night and go to Las Vegas or wherever, regardless of the difficulties of his physical condition.)

ISFPs may be quite charming and ingratiating on first acquaintance, flowing with compliments which may (or may not) be deserved. On other occasions, the same individual may be aloof and detached. Some ISFP males are fiercely competitive, especially in sport or table games, and may have great difficulty losing. This competitive nature, also seen in other SP types, sometimes fosters 'lucky,' 'gut' feelings and a willingness to take risks.

Organized education is difficult for the majority of ISFPs, and many drop out before finishing secondary education. Their interest can be held better through experiential learning, at which many excel. ISFPs will practice playing an instrument or honing a favored skill for hours on end, not so much as practice as for the joy of the experience.

Famous ISFPs:
Marie Antoinette
Auguste Rodin, sculptor
U.S. Presidents
Ulysses S. Grant
Millard Fillmore, "The American Louis Philippe"
Warren G. Harding
Fred Astaire, dancer
Marilyn Monroe, actor
Liberace, pianist
Elizabeth Taylor, actor
Yogi Berra, professional baseball player ("It's deja vu all over again.")
Dan Rather, news anchor
Orrin Hatch, U.S. Senator
Ervin "Magic" Johnson, NBA basketball star
Patrick Duffey, actor
Dan Quayle, U.S. Vice President, 1988-1992
Paul McCartney, Beatle
Michael Jackson, performer
Kevin Costner, actor
Greg Louganis, U.S. Olympic gold medalist--diving
Brooke Shields, actor
John Travolta, actor, dancer

Thanks for posting this. I did this test almost 20 years ago and it is interesting to see that I am still the same profile. I recently expressed interest in taking this test again, so your ears must have been burning. Thanks again.

Return to Top
#142572 - 12/23/03 01:42 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging

ISFJs are characterized above all by their desire to serve others, their "need to be needed." In extreme cases, this need is so strong that standard give-and-take relationships are deeply unsatisfying to them; however, most ISFJs find more than enough with which to occupy themselves within the framework of a normal life. (Since ISFJs, like all SJs, are very much bound by the prevailing social conventions, their form of "service" is likely to exclude any elements of moral or political controversy; they specialize in the local, the personal, and the practical.)

ISFJs are often unappreciated, at work, home, and play. Ironically, because they prove over and over that they can be relied on for their loyalty and unstinting, high-quality work, those around them often take them for granted--even take advantage of them. Admittedly, the problem is sometimes aggravated by the ISFJs themselves; for instance, they are notoriously bad at delegating ("If you want it done right, do it yourself"). And although they're hurt by being treated like doormats, they are often unwilling to toot their own horns about their accomplishments because they feel that although they deserve more credit than they're getting, it's somehow wrong to want any sort of reward for doing work (which is supposed to be a virtue in itself). (And as low-profile Is, their actions don't call attention to themselves as with charismatic Es.) Because of all of this, ISFJs are often overworked, and as a result may suffer from psychosomatic illnesses.

In the workplace, ISFJs are methodical and accurate workers, often with very good memories and unexpected analytic abilities; they are also good with people in small-group or one-on-one situations because of their patient and genuinely sympathetic approach to dealing with others. ISFJs make pleasant and reliable co-workers and exemplary employees, but tend to be harried and uncomfortable in supervisory roles. They are capable of forming strong loyalties, but these are personal rather than institutional loyalties; if someone they've bonded with in this way leaves the company, the ISFJ will leave with them, if given the option. Traditional careers for an ISFJ include: teaching, social work, most religious work, nursing, medicine (general practice only), clerical and and secretarial work of any kind, and some kinds of administrative careers.

While their work ethic is high on the ISFJ priority list, their families are the centers of their lives. ISFJs are extremely warm and demonstrative within the family circle--and often possessive of their loved ones, as well. When these include Es who want to socialize with the rest of the world, or self-contained ITs, the ISFJ must learn to adjust to these behaviors and not interpret them as rejection. Being SJs, they place a strong emphasis on conventional behavior (although, unlike STJs, they are usually as concerned with being "nice" as with strict propriety); if any of their nearest and dearest depart from the straight-and-narrow, it causes the ISFJ major embarrassment: the closer the relationship and the more public the act, the more intense the embarrassment (a fact which many of their teenage children take gleeful advantage of). Over time, however, ISFJs usually mellow, and learn to regard the culprits as harmless eccentrics :-). Needless to say, ISFJs take infinite trouble over meals, gifts, celebrations, etc., for their loved ones--although strong Js may tend to focus more on what the recipient should want rather than what they do want.

Like most Is, ISFJs have a few, close friends. They are extremely loyal to these, and are ready to provide emotional and practical support at a moment's notice. (However, like most Fs they hate confrontation; if you get into a fight, don't expect them to jump in after you. You can count on them, however, run and get the nearest authority figure.) Unlike with EPs, the older the friendship is, the more an ISFJ will value it. One ISFJ trait that is easily misunderstood by those who haven't known them long is that they are often unable to either hide or articulate any distress they may be feeling. For instance, an ISFJ child may be reproved for "sulking," the actual cause of which is a combination of physical illness plus misguided "good manners." An adult ISFJ may drive a (later ashamed) friend or SO into a fit of temper over the ISFJ's unexplained moodiness, only afterwards to explain about a death in the family they "didn't want to burden anyone with." Those close to ISFJs should learn to watch for the warning signs in these situations and take the initiative themselves to uncover the problem.

Famous ISFJs:
Louisa May Alcott
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Queen Elizabeth II of England
Robert E. Lee
Queen Mary I ("Bloody Mary") of England

Fictional:
Bianca in Taming of the Shrew
David Copperfield
Hero in Much Ado About Nothing
Melanie in Gone With The Wind
Ophelia in Hamlet
Dr. John H. Watson, M.D. (Sherlock Holmes' faithful sidekick)

Hmmmm... I think I need to go get psycho-analyzed now...

Return to Top
#142573 - 12/23/03 02:09 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
wow, i'm the same as maria... i took this as a freshman in high school... i can't remember if it's the same or not... somehow i doubt it.

Return to Top
#142574 - 12/23/03 02:11 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

wow, i'm the same as maria... i took this as a freshman in high school... i can't remember if it's the same or not... somehow i doubt it.

Hey skye, maybe we can get a group discount on the psycho-analysis...

Return to Top
#142575 - 12/23/03 02:23 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Everytime I take this (over several years) I get the same result (for many people it changes):

Your Type is
ENFP

Extroverted 56%
Intuitive 22%
Feeling 67%
Perceiving 33%

Franz Joseph Haydn, composer
Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)
Will Rogers, humorist
Buster Keaton
Dr. Seuss
Mickey Rooney, actor
James Dobson, "Focus on the Family"
Andy Rooney, television news commentator
Carol Burnett, comedian
Paul Harvey, radio announcer
Elizabeth Montgomery, actor (Bewitched)
Bill Cosby, comedian, actor
Dom Delouise, actor
Dave Thomas, owner of Wendy's hamburger chain
Lewis Grizzard, newspaper columnist
I. King Jordan, president of Gallaudet University
Martin Short, actor-comedian
Meg Ryan, actor
Robin Williams, actor, comedian
Robert Downey (Heart and Souls)
Alicia Silverstone (Clueless)
Sinbad
Andy Kaufman

Fictional:
Dr. Doug Ross (ER)
Balkie (Perfect Strangers)
Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Steve Irkle

Return to Top
#142576 - 12/23/03 02:41 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England
This will surprise you all from your Bartender(not):

Your type is: INFJ

The Counselor Idealists are abstract thought and speech, cooperative in reaching their goals, and directive and introverted in their interpersonal roles. Counselors focus on human potentials, think in terms of ethical values, and come easily to decisions. The small number of this type (little more than 2 percent) is regrettable, since Counselors have an unusually strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others and genuinely enjoy helping their companions. Although Counsleors tend to be private, sensitive people, and are not generally visible leaders, they nevertheless work quite intensely with those close to them, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes with their families, friends, and colleagues. This type has great depth of personality; they are themselves complicated, and can understand and deal with complex issues and people.

Counselors can be hard to get to know. They have an unusually rich inner life, but they are reserved and tend not to share their reactions except with those they trust. With their loved ones, certainly, Counselors are not reluctant to express their feelings, their face lighting up with the positive emotions, but darkening like a thunderhead with the negative. Indeed, because of their strong ability to take into themselves the feelings of others, Counselors can be hurt rather easily by those around them, which, perhaps, is one reason why they tend to be private people, mutely withdrawing from human contact. At the same time, friends who have known an Counselor for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that they are inconsistent; Counselors value their integrity a great deal, but they have intricately woven, mysterious personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors have strong empathic abilities and can become aware of another's emotions or intentions -- good or evil -- even before that person is conscious of them. This "mind-reading" can take the form of feeling the hidden distress or illnesses of others to an extent which is difficult for other types to comprehend. Even Counselors can seldom tell how they came to penetrate others' feelings so keenly. Furthermore, the Counselor is most likely of all the types to demonstrate an ability to understand psychic phenomena and to have visions of human events, past, present, or future. What is known as ESP may well be exceptional intuitive ability-in both its forms, projection and introjection. Such supernormal intuition is found frequently in the Counselor, and can extend to people, things, and often events, taking the form of visions, episodes of foreknowledge, premonitions, auditory and visual images of things to come, as well as uncanny communications with certain individuals at a distance.

Now step up to the bar and tell me what's going on in your life.....

Return to Top
#142577 - 12/23/03 02:51 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
As expected (I've taken the Myers-Briggs before), ENFJ. Almost the antithesis of the typical examiner.

"The Idealists called Teachers are abstract in their thought and speech, cooperative in their style of achieving goals, and directive and extraverted in their interpersonal relations. "

Anybody ever read "Do What You Are"? It's a job guide based on the Myers-Briggs and it's really interesting.

Return to Top
#142578 - 12/23/03 03:53 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Quote:

As expected (I've taken the Myers-Briggs before), ENFJ. Almost the antithesis of the typical examiner.

"The Idealists called Teachers are abstract in their thought and speech, cooperative in their style of achieving goals, and directive and extraverted in their interpersonal relations. "

Anybody ever read "Do What You Are"? It's a job guide based on the Myers-Briggs and it's really interesting.

Well, I found my opposite--I am: I(22),S(1),T(11),P(56)

Where are you guys finding all the celeb info and the descriptions?

Return to Top
#142579 - 12/23/03 04:09 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
I beleive that the Jung Typology Test has value, both personally and within the work place. It would be very interesting to secure the test results on all co-workers, bosses, etc., especially if your role includes employee motivation. Results show that we are all "wired" in a way that can be reasonably determined with that wiring a real key to motivation, whether it's self motivation or the motivation by others.

By the way, it's an interesting group of people that have taken the time, primarily once again, to take this test. It fits with a goal of trying to learn something new about yourself each day.

Return to Top
#142580 - 12/23/03 04:10 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Jeremy, click on the second link for the personality info.

Return to Top
#142581 - 12/23/03 04:15 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

By the way, it's an interesting group of people that have taken the time, primarily once again , to take this test.

Return to Top
#142582 - 12/23/03 04:30 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Thanks Elena:

Famous ISTPs:
(I have to give Joe Butt credit for most of the following)
Charles Bronson
Tom Cruise
James Dean
Clint Eastwood
U.S. Presidents:
Zachary Taylor
Burt Reynolds
Keith Richards
Charlie Yeager
Frank Zappa

Fictional:
Hedda Gabler in Ibsen's play of the same name
John Miller in the movie American Grafitti
Archibald "Harry" Tuttle in the movie Brazil

Return to Top
#142583 - 12/23/03 04:36 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

Thanks Elena:

Tom Cruise
James Dean

Anytime Jeremy!
Maybe that's why you feel the need...the need for speed!

Return to Top
#142584 - 12/23/03 04:56 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
JSFP
22 11 22 11

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#142585 - 12/23/03 05:37 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
I'm the same as Maria & Skye22. Can I get in on that group discount too?

Return to Top
#142586 - 12/23/03 06:01 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
67 11 67 89

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.
INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice.

In the broadest terms, what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know". Typical INTJ career choices are in the sciences and engineering, but they can be found wherever a combination of intellect and incisiveness are required (e.g., law, some areas of academia). INTJs can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy) many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality.

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :-) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

Probably the strongest INTJ assets in the interpersonal area are their intuitive abilities and their willingness to "work at" a relationship. Although as Ts they do not always have the kind of natural empathy that many Fs do, the Intuitive function can often act as a good substitute by synthesizing the probable meanings behind such things as tone of voice, turn of phrase, and facial expression. This ability can then be honed and directed by consistent, repeated efforts to understand and support those they care about, and those relationships which ultimately do become established with an INTJ tend to be characterized by their robustness, stability, and good communications.

Famous INTJs:
Dan Aykroyd, actor (The Blues Brothers)
Susan B. Anthony, suffragist
Arthur Ashe, tennis champion
Augustus Caesar (Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus), Emperor of Rome
Jane Austen, author (Pride and Prejudice)
William J. Bennett, "drug czar"
William F. Buckley, Jr., conservative political advocate
Raymond Burr, actor (Perry Mason, Ironsides)
Chevy Chase (Cornelius Crane), actor (Fletch)
Phil Donahue, television talk show host
Michael Dukakis, governor of Mass., 1988 U.S. Dem. pres. candidate
Greg Gumbel, television sportscaster
Hannibal, Carthaginian military leader
Veronica Hamel, actor (Hill Street Blues)
Orel Leonard Hershiser, IV, major league baseball pitcher
Peter Jennings, television newscaster
Charles Everett Koop, former U.S. surgeon general
Ivan Lendl, tennis champion
C. S. Lewis, author (The Chronicles of Narnia)
Joan Lunden, television talk show host
Edwin Moses, U.S. olympian (hurdles)
Martina Navratilova, tennis champion
Charles Rangel, U. S. Representative, D-N.Y.
Pernell Roberts, actor (Bonanza)
Maria Owens Shriver, television newscaster
Josephine Tey (Elizabeth Mackintosh), mystery writer (Brat Farrar)
Rudy Giuliani, New York City mayor
Donald Rumsfeld, US Secretary of Defense
General Colin Powell, US Secretary of State

U.S. Presidents:
Chester A. Arthur
Calvin Coolidge
Thomas Jefferson
John F. Kennedy
James K. Polk
Woodrow Wilson

Fictional:

Cassius (Julius Caesar)
Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice)
Gandalf the Grey (J. R. R. Tolkein's Middle Earth books)
Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)
Professor Moriarty, Sherlock Holmes' nemesis
Ensign Ro (Star Trek--the Next Generation)
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern (Hamlet)
George Smiley, John le Carre's master spy
Clarice Starling (Silence of the Lambs)

Return to Top
#142587 - 12/23/03 06:09 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Fictional:Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)

Geez, now I am worried...

Return to Top
#142588 - 12/23/03 06:26 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

Quote:

That shouldn't worry you...

Quote:

But maybe this should...

Return to Top
#142589 - 12/23/03 06:27 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That shouldn't worry you...

Quote:

But maybe this should...

ROFLOL, you brought tears to my eyes...

Return to Top
#142590 - 12/23/03 06:59 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks Elena:

Tom Cruise
James Dean

Anytime Jeremy!
Maybe that's why you feel the need...the need for speed!

Should I tell you how fast I went yesterday afternoon?

Return to Top
#142591 - 12/23/03 08:13 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.

Should I tell you how fast I went yesterday afternoon?

LA-LA-LA-LA-LA...I can't hear you...LA-LA-LA-LA-LA. I don't want to have to worry about you Jeremy so I think I'm better off not knowing. "I knew that quote was a bad Idea...what was I thinking" (banging head against the wall again, but still smiling)

Return to Top
#142592 - 12/23/03 08:59 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
The Portrait of the Mastermind (iNTj)

Of the four aspects of strategic analysis and definition it is the contingency planning or entailment organizing role that reaches the highest development in Masterminds. Entailing or contingency planning is not an informative activity, rather it is a directive one in which the planner tells others what to do and in what order to do it. As the organizing capabilities the Masterminds increase so does their inclination to take charge of whatever is going on.

It is in their abilities that Masterminds differ from the other Rationals, while in most of their attitudes they are just like the others. However there is one attitude that sets them apart from other Rationals: they tend to be much more self-confident than the rest, having, for obscure reasons, developed a very strong will. They are rather rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population. Being very judicious, decisions come naturally to them; indeed, they can hardly rest until they have things settled, decided, and set. They are the people who are able to formulate coherent and comprehensive contingency plans, hence contingency organizers or "entailers."

Masterminds will adopt ideas only if they are useful, which is to say if they work efficiently toward accomplishing the Mastermind's well-defined goals. Natural leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command of projects or groups, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once in charge, however, Masterminds are the supreme pragmatists, seeing reality as a crucible for refining their strategies for goal-directed action. In a sense, Masterminds approach reality as they would a giant chess board, always seeking strategies that have a high payoff, and always devising contingency plans in case of error or adversity. To the Mastermind, organizational structure and operational procedures are never arbitrary, never set in concrete, but are quite malleable and can be changed, improved, streamlined. In their drive for efficient action, Masterminds are the most open-minded of all the types. No idea is too far-fetched to be entertained-if it is useful. Masterminds are natural brainstormers, always open to new concepts and, in fact, aggressively seeking them. They are also alert to the consequences of applying new ideas or positions. Theories which cannot be made to work are quickly discarded by the Masterminds. On the other hand, Masterminds can be quite ruthless in implementing effective ideas, seldom counting personal cost in terms of time and energy.

Return to Top
#142593 - 12/23/03 09:05 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Dig - you and I came out the same iNTj.

Does the iNTj outline describe you at all?

It was close to 99% on the mark for me.

Return to Top
#142594 - 12/23/03 09:13 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Yup, it got me down perfect, very surprising

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett