BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#142595 - 12/23/03 09:36 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Anonymous
Unregistered

I came out as eNTj (Fieldmarshal)
Das Fieldmarshals do not care whether your kitty is sick and you cannot get your project completed. GET IT DONE OR IT IS TO DAS STALAG FOR YOU!

Return to Top
#142596 - 12/23/03 10:41 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
elcinoca Offline
Platinum Poster
Elizabeth City, NC
Quote:

Everytime I take this (over several years) I get the same result (for many people it changes)

I've done it 4 times in the last ten years. The first time in 1993, the facilitator said that normally, unless there is a major, life-altering event, most people do not change their type.

Yep, I'm still an ISTJ!

MarkB

Return to Top
#142597 - 12/23/03 11:16 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
LiL Bit Moore Offline
Platinum Poster
LiL Bit Moore
Texas
My Type - ESTJ

Extroverted - 56%
Sensing - 1%
Thinking - 1%
Judging - 11%

Every right-minded man has a philosophy of life, whether he knows it or not. Hidden away in his mind are certain governing principles, whether he formulates them in words or not, which govern his life. Surely his ideal ought to be to contribute all that he can, however little it may be, whether of money or service, to human progress."
--John D. Rockefeller, Random Reminiscences of Men and Events
ESTJs thrive on order and continuity. Being extraverted, their focus involves organization of people, which translates into supervision. While ENTJs enjoy organizing and mobilizing people according to their own theories and tactically based agendas, ESTJs are content to enforce "the rules," often dictated by tradition or handed down from a higher authority.

ESTJs are joiners. They seek out like-minded companions in clubs, civic groups, churches and other service organizations. The need for belonging is woven into the fiber of SJs. The family likewise is a central focus for ESTJs, and attendance at such events as weddings, funerals and family reunions is obligatory.

Tradition is important to the ESTJ. Holidays, birthdays and other annual celebrations are remembered and observed often religiously by this type. The ESTJ is inclined to seek out his roots, to trace the family heritage back to honored ancestors both for a sense of family respectability and for a sense of security and belonging.

Service, the tangible expression of responsibility, is another key focus for ESTJs. They love to provide and to receive good service. The ESTJ merchant who provides dependable service has done much to enhance her self image.

ESTJs have an acute sense for orthodoxy. Much of their evaluation of persons and activities reflects their strong sense of what is "normal" and what isn't. ESTJ humor is frequently centered around something or someone being off center or behaving abnormally.

ESTJs promote the work ethic. Power, position and prestige should be worked for and earned. Laziness is rarely viewed with ambivalence nor benevolence by this type.

"Some men can make decisions and some cannot. Some men fret and delay under criticism. I used to have a saying that applies here, and I note that some people have picked it up" [which refers to "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."]. (Truman, Harry S., Mr. Citizen)

The ESTJ is outspoken, a person of principles, which are readily expressed. The ESTJ is not afraid to stand up for what she believes is right even in the face of overwhelming odds. ESTJs are able to make the tough calls.

Occupations attracting ESTJs include teaching, banking, political office, and management at all levels

Return to Top
#142598 - 12/24/03 05:06 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Quote:

Should I tell you how fast I went yesterday afternoon?

LA-LA-LA-LA-LA...I can't hear you...LA-LA-LA-LA-LA. I don't want to have to worry about you Jeremy so I think I'm better off not knowing. "I knew that quote was a bad Idea...what was I thinking" (banging head against the wall again, but still smiling)

I'm a rebel without a cause. Really, Elena, I usually don't go that fast as a rule. I pass quickly so that I don't linger in someone's blind spot for too long, and that is usually when I go fast. Of course, I do abuse the power every now and then....the other day I was just trying to get home before the cold, cold, cold rain started!! Besides, 125 isn't THAT fast.

Return to Top
#142599 - 12/24/03 05:09 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Alien Offline
Platinum Poster
Mexifornia
Quote:

very expressed introvert

Expressed Introvert - that's an oxymoron, right?

Return to Top
#142600 - 12/24/03 05:13 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Quote:

I'm a rebel without a cause. Really, Elena, I usually don't go that fast as a rule. I pass quickly so that I don't linger in someone's blind spot for too long, and that is usually when I go fast. Of course, I do abuse the power every now and then....the other day I was just trying to get home before the cold, cold, cold rain started!! Besides, 125 isn't THAT fast.

Hehe I am a bit of speed freak my self, I can't help it
The last time I went 125+ was in a 650HP Dodge Viper, WOW was that fun and very very fast To bad I wasn't the one driving dangit, we got up to about 145mph, full throttle the whole way..

Return to Top
#142601 - 12/24/03 05:16 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Quote:

Quote:

Hehe I am a bit of speed freak my self, I can't help it
The last time I went 125+ was in a 650HP Dodge Viper, WOW was that fun and very very fast To bad I wasn't the one driving dangit, we got up to about 145mph, full throttle the whole way..

I can't afford a 650 hp Viper, so I had to settle for a 10k bike. I'm told it'll do just under 200mph, but not a chance with me riding it. 125mph was with the hard luggage attached....speed with style!!

Return to Top
#142602 - 12/24/03 05:25 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Quote:

I can't afford a 650 hp Viper, so I had to settle for a 10k bike. I'm told it'll do just under 200mph, but not a chance with me riding it. 125mph was with the hard luggage attached....speed with style!!

200mph on a bike, whooo, now thats scary... chills
Nice bike though, I don't think I could trust myself on one though, too much temptation.. I'll stick to an old '68 Fastback

Return to Top
#142603 - 12/24/03 05:49 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Quote:

Quote:

200mph on a bike, whooo, now thats scary... chills
Nice bike though, I don't think I could trust myself on one though, too much temptation.. I'll stick to an old '68 Fastback

When I get the '69 Coronet running alittle smoother, I'll race ya! Just put in a 440, but the body and suspension still needs a ton of work. I can't afford it for awhile....I'm a banker.

Return to Top
#142604 - 12/24/03 06:17 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Quote:

When I get the '69 Coronet running alittle smoother, I'll race ya! Just put in a 440, but the body and suspension still needs a ton of work. I can't afford it for awhile....I'm a banker.

Your On!! We can place bets at Cleabatsu's lol

Return to Top
#142605 - 12/26/03 08:01 PM Re: Jung Typology Test
Terah2 Offline
100 Club
Terah2
INTJ for me.
Odd really - Not what I would have thought.

Return to Top
#142606 - 12/30/03 06:09 AM Re: Jung Typology Test
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Quote:

This will surprise you all from your Bartender(not):

Your type is: INFJ

Got any bartending openings? 'Cause Imma INFJ also!

From the 2nd explanation of INFJ's:

Quote:

Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life. Those who are activists -- INFJs gravitate toward such a role -- are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.
INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden. They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress. INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless. The concept of 'poetic j ustice' is appealing to the INFJ.

Damn - no wonder I'm a Compliance Officer. I'm certainly not here for the glory!

Return to Top
#142607 - 12/30/03 06:16 AM Re: Jung Typology Test
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Oh dear Mr. Clean - guess whose in the same INFJ group:

Nathaniel Hawthorne, author, poet
Fanny Crosby, (blind) hymnist
Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Fred McMurray (My Three Sons, various movies)
Shirley Temple Black, child actor, ambassador
Martin Luther King, Jr., civil rights leader, martyr
James Reston, newspaper reporter
Shirley McClain, actor (Sweet Charity, ...)
Piers Anthony, author ("Xanth" series)
Michael Landon, actor (Highway to Heaven, Little House on the Prairie)
Tom Selleck, actor (Magnum, P. I., Mr. Baseball)
Oprah Winfrey, talk show host
John Katz, critic, author
Paul Stookey, folk singer (Peter, Paul and Mary)
Angela Lansbury, actor (Murder, She Wrote)
U. S. Senator Carol Moseley-Braun (D-IL)
Richard Gere, actor (Pretty Woman, Sommersby)
Billy Crystal, actor, comedian
Carrie Fisher, actor (Star Wars)

Now seriously, Mother Teresa AND Richard Gere? Although... Richard Gere does support Premarin foal rescue groups....hmmm...

Return to Top
#142608 - 12/30/03 06:29 AM Re: Jung Typology Test
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Okay - I just couldn't resist one more excerpt:

Quote:

In their own way, INFJs are just as much "systems builders" as are INTJs; the difference lies in that most INFJ "systems" are founded on human beings and human values, rather than information and technology. Their systems may for these reasons be conceptually "blurrier" than analogous NT ones, harder to measure in strict numerical terms, and easier to take for granted -- yet it is these same underlying reasons which make the resulting contributions to society so vital and profound.

This might explain why the IT Manager and I are many times at odds, but many times we wind up working together on the same project. I'm his translator!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett