Thread Options
#1426944 - 08/10/10 08:44 PM Force Placement- additional 30 day lapse
Dodge Offline
100 Club

We force placed flood insurance on the 45th day. We receive the policy and the policy does not go into effect for another 30 days (75 days coverage has been lapsed). We have contacted the insurance company and told that the 30 day waiting period does not apply, but they say they can not do anything and there will be 30 day waiting period.

We are waiting for our examiner to contact us back, but has anyone ran into a situation like this before? How did you resolve it?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1426948 - 08/10/10 08:48 PM Re: Force Placement- additional 30 day lapse Dodge
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Did the original policy expire and the borrower not pay the renewal premium until day 45?

If so, read my posts in this thread:

http://www.bankersonline.com/forum/ubbth...966#Post1384966
Last edited by Dani York; 08/10/10 08:56 PM. Reason: add link to previous discussion

Return to Top
#1427151 - 08/11/10 01:22 PM Re: Force Placement- additional 30 day lapse Dani York, CRCM
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
However, if you are referring to your force placed policy there would be no waiting period and if the company insists on imposing one then I would insist on changing companies. Refer them to Appendix 6 of the Mandatory Purchase guidelines.

BTW, you shouldn't have forced placed until day 46. The borrower has until the end of the 45th day to present you a policy.

Return to Top
#1427196 - 08/11/10 02:30 PM Re: Force Placement- additional 30 day lapse Dan Persfull
Cats Offline
100 Club
Cats
Florida
We had something similar wherein a borrower was found to have insufficient coverage on one of their two buildings. We sent a notice to the borrower who did go to their insurance agency and increase the coverage. The insurance company would not make the change immediately but put a 30-day wait on the increase. The insurance agent argued the point with the company, saying that it needed to be effective immediately but the company would not do it. All we can do is document everything in the file and we'll see what happens during our next Flood Exam.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z