Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1425170 - 08/06/10 01:22 PM Re: prayer request for a friend who is in ICU lucyc
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
Keeping him in my prayers Ann Marie. Miracles DO happen!

Return to Top
#1429072 - 08/13/10 06:05 PM Re: prayer request for a friend who is in ICU TINKerBell
East Texas Offline
Diamond Poster
East Texas
How is your friend doing?

Return to Top
#1429096 - 08/13/10 06:26 PM Re: prayer request for a friend who is in ICU East Texas
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Thank you all for your prayers and your kind concern. My friend is in an excellent rehabilitation facility finishing up a 3 week stint and will soon move to another facility for an additional few weeks, then he will be sent home as the insurance will run out. He is working so hard each day to relearn simple tasks like sitting up and moving his leg and arm that he has control over. He cannot eat or drink or swallow so he's being fed by GI tube. He has moments of clarity where he seems to recognize people and then long periods where he seems unaware. The family is really struggling to deal with all of this emotionally and financially. The doctors do not attempt to forecast any further than a week or two into the future.

Return to Top
#1429538 - 08/16/10 03:48 PM Re: prayer request for a friend who is in ICU BurntSienna
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Insurance can run out??? Yikes! Hoping he makes a lot of improvement before the ensurance ends--he's already doing much better than we thought :-)

Return to Top
#1430004 - 08/17/10 02:57 PM Re: prayer request for a friend who is in ICU Dip
East Texas Offline
Diamond Poster
East Texas
I have a friend who had a heart attack on the basketball court. His friends kept him somewhat oxygenated until the EMTs could get there, but his brain was still deprived of the oxygen it needed to prevent brain damage. This happened in 1991. Today he is self-sufficient, married, a father, and employed full time. He has some problems with short-term memory loss that he will have to cope with for the rest of his life, but he does well with that. His sense of humor and outgoing nature have changed somewhat, but he is still funny to me and I can see the old Danny inside. Rehab does wonders.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett