Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1429202 - 08/13/10 07:29 PM Bonus - laptop giveaway
Tryin-2-Comply Offline
100 Club
Hills of TN
We are not going to promote this - it bascially works like this: update your account information to include: email, current phone number, physcial address, etc. and you'll be included in a drawing for a laptop giveaway. The term "maintenace" is throwing me off....what is considered maintenance - maintaining a balance?

Am I streatching the bonus definition:
(f) Bonus means a premium, gift, award, or other consideration worth more than $10 (whether in the form of cash, credit, merchandise, or any equivalent) given or offered to a consumer during a year in exchange for opening, maintaining, renewing, or increasing an account balance. The term does not include interest, other consideration worth $10 or less given during a year, the waiver or reduction of a fee, or the absorption of expenses.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#1429285 - 08/13/10 09:07 PM Re: Bonus - laptop giveaway Tryin-2-Comply
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
If you're giving a laptop to everyone, it's a bonus. But the bonus is a chance to win in exchange for having an account with, you, you may have an illegal lottery under banking law or an illegal sweepstakes under your state law.

Return to Top
#1429316 - 08/13/10 11:07 PM Re: Bonus - laptop giveaway MyBrainHurts
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Look up the definition of lottery, and remember that by limiting this to customers only, who pay you fees and give you deposits, they are paying consideration.

Based on your description, you can't do what you are planning.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett