Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1424964 - 08/05/10 08:15 PM Acquisition Question
Jaeger Schnitzel Offline
Gold Star
Jaeger Schnitzel
Oregon
Okay, say Bank A aquires Bank B. Bank A is an ISB. Bank B was a small bank. After the acquisition, Bank A still qualifies as an ISB, and does not report its small business and small farm loans.

So here's the question. If, in the portfolio of loans that Bank A purchased as part of the acquisition, there are loans that qualify as community development loans, does Bank A get to count them as CD loans in the year they were purchased?

Return to Top
CRA
#1426564 - 08/10/10 03:32 PM Re: Acquisition Question Jaeger Schnitzel
Lost in Space Offline
Lost in Space
o Loco Loco
That question might be best answered by your regulator. Our bank (ISB previously, now large bank) merged three charters last year...our exam also last year focused on the surviving charter. We were allowed to include CD activities from the other two for the time period since the last exam of the surviving charter.

Return to Top
#1426611 - 08/10/10 03:58 PM Re: Acquisition Question Lost in Space
Jaeger Schnitzel Offline
Gold Star
Jaeger Schnitzel
Oregon
Thanks for the response. I plan on shooting an e-mail to our contact at the FDIC, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't some obvious answer somwhere that I was missing.

Return to Top
#1429171 - 08/13/10 07:16 PM Re: Acquisition Question Jaeger Schnitzel
Diddy Offline
New Poster
I'm not sure but just wanted to say I love your signature line!

Return to Top
#1429534 - 08/16/10 03:46 PM Re: Acquisition Question Diddy
AnonRegulator Offline
Gold Star
AnonRegulator
Everywhere, USA
Bank A may claim credit for the CD loans originated within its CRA evaluation period, and for which Bank B didn't already receive credit in its last evaluation. Even though Bank B was a small bank, small banks may ask for CD consideration, at their option, in an attempt to improve a Sat rating to Outstanding. AR.

Return to Top