Skip to content
GeoDataVision
Thread Options Tools
#142976 - 12/23/03 08:55 PM Training
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
I would like to know how many of you administer testing with your training and in what regulatory areas you test? Such as BSA, etc.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#142977 - 12/23/03 09:01 PM Re: Training
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England
We use BVS to administer our training and testing in one package! BSA, Reg CC, and security are common areas our teller staff are tested on while consumer and commecial lenders will have courses tailored to their needs. Average load is 5-7 classes a person taken every calender year. I got 15+ classes in my load

Return to Top
#142978 - 12/23/03 09:04 PM Re: Training
Ruby Offline
Ruby
We use both computer based training (BVS) and classroom training. The computer based training has tests for every course. In the past with the classroom training that I've done, I've never done testing, but I decided just recently that I'm going to start. My intention is to gradually add testing to most of the training I do, starting with CIP, HMDA and Reg CC.

Return to Top
#142979 - 12/23/03 10:22 PM Re: Training
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
We do Fair Lending, BSA, CIP & CC testing with the training. The tests are relative easy, and the papers are additionally used to record attendance.

Return to Top
#142980 - 12/24/03 02:06 PM Re: Training
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
We use computer based training (Bankers Edge) that includes testing (a grade of 80 or better is required to pass). At times we do classroom training and testing is sometimes included. Although this testing sometimes is traditional (answer the questions and turn in the test with your name), I prefer using a group test -- I ask a question relating to the material and get a show of hands for true/false -- that way, we are still in the classroom to address any misunderstanding or problems.

Return to Top
#142981 - 12/24/03 02:09 PM Re: Training
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
Ooops. I missed part of your question. The testing with the computer based training covers each regulation once a year (if applicable for the job). Also, once a year a large sampling of tellers, teller-supervisors and branch managers receive a BSA test (from the Compliance-Pro program).

Return to Top
#142982 - 12/24/03 02:48 PM Re: Training
Reg Wrecker Offline
Platinum Poster
Reg Wrecker
Kentucky
Another site I've used at one bank and one credit union is called Digital University . This sight has around 115 programs covering a wide array of financial topics. Each course has an exam that the employee can take and must receive a 70% or better to pass. I've used this in the past to meet annual training requirements for both BSA and Security. There is a cost for the program but it's based on one year of unlimited service made available to all employees. Cost is also determined by the number of employees at you organization. Hope this helps.

Return to Top
#142983 - 12/24/03 03:02 PM Re: Training
michellecc Offline
100 Club
michellecc
Southern New England
We use BankersEdge computer-based training for all of our compliance training that is monitored by the Compliance Department. Our Training Department enhances compliance training by registering for telephone briefings offered by our state banking department and other trade associations.

Return to Top
#142984 - 12/24/03 04:17 PM Re: Training
jcrump Offline
jcrump
Texas
We do the exact same thing, which seems to work very well for our institution. We have 7 branches in small towns throughout the north-central area of the state and this type training seems to fit our banks. I know that our staff has gotten much more training and there is now more accountability. Testing was an occasional part of training, but now it is in every module.

Return to Top
#142985 - 12/24/03 04:39 PM Re: Training
ahou Offline
Power Poster
ahou
We make our own Power Point presentations, covering each regulation annually, with a 3 question test for each reg presented.

Return to Top