BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#143054 - 12/24/03 02:03 PM Prayers needed
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
A dear friend of mine called yesterday and said his mom had to have heart surgery yesterday. a 7 hour ordeal, she was doing okay yesterday, but he just called and they are not sure she is going to make it... they can't stop the bleeding. So he is getting ready to make the 7 hour trip to toledo on christmas eve... Please pray for him and his family. I know if i had my druthers i'd pray from his mom to live and be well, especally this time of year. but this is God's will not mine... This sucks!!!

Return to Top
#143055 - 12/24/03 02:21 PM Re: Prayers needed
Dan Persfull Online
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
They will be in my Christmas prayers.

Return to Top
#143056 - 12/24/03 02:23 PM Re: Prayers needed
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
And mine. We found out yesterday that my 82 year old father may have heart blockage. He gets further testing next week. I can emphathize with your friend's plight.

Return to Top
#143057 - 12/24/03 02:30 PM Re: Prayers needed
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Skye and Skittles, I am praying hard for both of you. My thoughts are with you.

Return to Top
#143058 - 12/24/03 04:06 PM Re: Prayers needed
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
You (and they) are in my prayers also.

Return to Top
#143059 - 12/24/03 05:01 PM Re: Prayers needed
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Hey...can I add one? My roommate's father just had 70% of his colon removed because of cancer. He seems to be doing well, but a couple prayers for a full recovery couldn't hurt. Thanks, all.

Return to Top
#143060 - 12/24/03 05:03 PM Re: Prayers needed
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Jeremy, prayers coming your way!

Return to Top
#143061 - 12/24/03 05:17 PM Re: Prayers needed
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Thanks Pam!

Return to Top
#143062 - 12/24/03 05:21 PM Re: Prayers needed
RebekahL CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
RebekahL CRCM
Big Sky Country
If I could be so bold, please send some nice thoughts and prayers my way, too...

I just lost my Mom 3 weeks ago, I came back to work yesterday, and today would have been her 67th birthday.

Needless to say, this is a tough Christmas.

Return to Top
#143063 - 12/24/03 05:24 PM Re: Prayers needed
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England
You are not being to bold....our thoughts and prayers are most assuredly with you and yours.

Return to Top
#143064 - 12/24/03 05:33 PM Re: Prayers needed
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Oh Rebekah, I'm so sorry! That stinks. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time,

Return to Top
#143065 - 12/24/03 05:39 PM Re: Prayers needed
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
My thoughts and prayers go out to each and every one of you, and all those cherished by you.

Return to Top
#143066 - 12/24/03 05:48 PM Re: Prayers needed
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Quote:

My thoughts and prayers go out to each and every one of you, and all those cherished by you.

I'd like to repeat Angie's sentiments. Rebekah, especially. Just think of how happy your loving mother is as she looks down at you enjoying the holidays. She'll never miss another Christmas!!

Return to Top
#143067 - 12/24/03 06:08 PM Re: Prayers needed
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
All--I have an emergency I need prayers for. My dear friend and co-worker, Miriam, was just taken to the hospital because of chest pains and numbness. She's under 30 years old, maybe an anxiety attack or something like that, but please pray for her and her family.

Return to Top
#143068 - 12/24/03 06:17 PM Re: Prayers needed
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Rebekah, I'm so sorry! It has been 23 years since I lost my brother in an accident, and this time of year is STILL tough for me. I am praying for you, and echo Jeremys sentiment, that she is smiling down at you today, and interceding on your behalf. Jeremy, we will pray for your friend also.

Return to Top
#143069 - 12/24/03 06:39 PM Re: Prayers needed
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
I am praying for all of you as well. i feel that we are blessed to have an unseen community of people to help each other through the tough times. God Be with us all.

Return to Top
#143070 - 12/24/03 07:09 PM Re: Prayers needed
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Holidays can be tough. Five years ago my Dad was put into the hospital mid-Dec. By Christmas, we took Turkey sandwiches to eat with my Mom in the ICU waiting room (of course, it would be out of town). They had called us in Christmas Eve thinking he wasn't going to make it. By mid-Jan we had to make the decision to turn everything off and let him go. It was tough and still is on my Mom. No matter how long ago it is, it's something you always think about. Two years ago, my brother-in-law was killed on Dec 3 - 10 days before his youngest turned 1. We still share special thoughts each Christmas and know that each of them are watching us.

Return to Top
#143071 - 12/24/03 08:15 PM Re: Prayers needed
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
Oh dear you guys, I will keep all of you & yours in my prayers tonight. I truly hope all goes well for all of you.

Return to Top
#143072 - 12/26/03 05:28 PM Re: Prayers needed
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
Someone that I know had the most terrible thing happen to their family early Christmas morning. Their 18 year old son was killed in a single car accident. I can't imagine anything worse especially on Christmas morning.

His parents are strong christians as well as their other children, but this son was the wild one and wasn't a christian and that is an additional burden for his parents.

It is frustrating at the same time. He was driving home from a party and was drunk. When are young people going to understand that drinking and driving KILLS.

Return to Top
#143073 - 12/26/03 05:52 PM Re: Prayers needed
jcrump Offline
jcrump
Texas
My daughters need prayers as well. Their father has had many physical health issues in the past, but most recently fell the day b/4 Thanksgiving and broke his neck. He will now be permanently paralyzed from the neck down. My girls didn't see him much although he lives in the same town, but it has been really hard on them as they are only 7 and 5. Thankfully, my husband is great father to them so he has been such a blessing to all of us. He has actually been the "research hound" in that he has gotten all kinds of info together to help them understand what has happened to their dad. The girls were able to see their dad yesterday for a couple of hours and while they were glad to see him, they both had a really hard time last night.

I will keep all of that have shared in my prayers as well.

Return to Top
#143074 - 12/30/03 06:59 AM Re: Prayers needed
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is always so much sorrow in the world, yet it always seem sharper still this time of year when we focus on glad tidings and warm gatherings with friends and family.

The thought that keeps me going is to do my best to understand that there is no beginning and no end to life. Life is from G-d, and G-d is eternal, so our lives must be eternal as well. We only have a very limited perception of the entire reality that is Life, and that limited perception is rooted in our belief in our sin from which we cannot seem to part.

My abiding Hope is that we are never truly separated from those we love, but our perception of them is blurred when they depart our physical realm.

My wish for 2004 is for a clearer perception of our true relationship with Life, Love and G-d.

Return to Top
#143075 - 12/30/03 07:01 AM Re: Prayers needed
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Above post was from me. For some reason, I got "logged out" while I was typing.

Return to Top
#143076 - 12/30/03 01:56 PM Re: Prayers needed
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
Our family's prayers go out to all. One of the hardest things to do is to think about a loved one after they have left.

It's important to remember that too many hugs are not enough, and that telling a person you love and care about them evokes powerful and positive feelings.

Our prayers for all those affected and that there be physical and emotional recoveries.

Return to Top
#143077 - 01/21/04 03:08 PM Re: Prayers needed
trainer_dave Offline
New Poster
Michigan
Wonderful to see people putting their faith to work, interceding for each other. I am encouraged by all your postings and will lift you all up as well.

I'm curious, now that we're into the new year, how you all are doing. Were there any specific answers to prayer? How was God faithful to you and your need? Testimonies are incredibly powerful.

Return to Top
#143078 - 01/21/04 07:35 PM Re: Prayers needed
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
My friend's mother passed away yesterday, which is so sad but she hung on for as long as she could, her heart just never recovered from the trauma. I jusy pray the family will be able to make it through the next really tough times. She and her husband were in the middle of building their dream house. so many loose ends.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett