Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#143079 - 01/21/04 08:42 PM Re: Prayers needed
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Sorry to hear that Skye, thoughts are with you, your friend and family. Very sad.

Return to Top
#143080 - 01/21/04 08:57 PM Re: Prayers needed
trainer_dave Offline
New Poster
Michigan
So sorry to hear about your friend's mom. As you mentioned in your original post - God's will not ours. It sure is hard to understand. Praying for comfort for friends and family.

Return to Top
#143081 - 01/23/04 01:42 PM Re: Prayers needed
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
If I may tack on another prayer request...

My daughter's best friend (7 years old) is likely to lose her mother soon. The mother has been battling cancer (which has spread through her whole body now.) And to further complicate things, she just had a stroke on Tuesday. Because of the stroke, all chemo treatment has to stop, and the doctors are giving her about two weeks to live.

The girl's father is nowhere to be found (but from what I've heard, that's probably a good thing.) Her aunt (mom's sister) is in the process of trying to get custody, and it looks like she will succeed. In the meantime, the girl has been staying with us, and will continue to do so until her aunt can get a place in the school district. (The aunt does not want the girl to have to change schools again.)

The schools, the family, the hospital, and everyone involved has done a fantastic job of working together here, but this little girl has a long road ahead of her. She has already experienced more hardship and pain than anyone should at any age (abuse, poverty, homelessness,) and soon, she'll lose the one source of stability she's ever known.

Return to Top
#143082 - 01/23/04 01:44 PM Re: Prayers needed
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Oh, how tragic. Prayers coming...

Return to Top
#143083 - 01/23/04 01:47 PM Re: Prayers needed
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
So sad, sorry to hear that. That's very nice of you to keep her for now. Prayers on the way from Mass.

Return to Top
#143084 - 01/23/04 02:24 PM Re: Prayers needed
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
It's so sad when someone so young loses a parent.

I have a prayer request of my own. Very early yesterday morning, my cousin and his father died in a house fire. My cousin got his little sister out of the house and went back in to help his dad (who was too weak to make it out on his own, due to cancer). Sadly, they got trapped and could not get out of the house. Please pray for my aunt and the rest of my family.

Return to Top
#143085 - 01/23/04 02:27 PM Re: Prayers needed
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Angie You and your family are in my thoughts.

Return to Top
#143086 - 01/23/04 03:06 PM Re: Prayers needed
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Sorry to hear that Angie, it is so tragic. Prayers are coming.

Return to Top
#143087 - 01/23/04 03:15 PM Re: Prayers needed
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm so sorry........That little girl will be in my prayers as will all those trying to protect her.

And we complain!

Return to Top
#143088 - 01/23/04 05:14 PM Re: Prayers needed
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
God keep them all... I'll be praying too.

Return to Top
#143089 - 01/24/04 01:04 AM Re: Prayers needed
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Virtual hugs to all. Angie your cousin sounds like a very wonderful hero who's life should be celebrated. I hope his family can spend time celebrating him while they also morn their loss. That kind of selflessness will be rewarded as his spirit goes on.

I can't imagine losing my mommy, but for anyone who's going through this, my prayers are with you. And for everyone else, go hug your mommy today!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#143090 - 01/24/04 01:48 AM Re: Prayers needed
Rocky P Online
Power Poster
Florida
We're reading of all the hurting of all our friends, and our thoughts and prayers go out for everyone. Jac, Angie, you will be included in our family prayers.

Return to Top
#143091 - 01/24/04 08:12 PM Re: Prayers needed
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

The schools, the family, the hospital, and everyone involved has done a fantastic job of working together here,

Sounds like you and your family fit in that category also. Thank God for Angels who walk this earth....Hmmmmmmmmmmm...someone very cool said something very similar to this to me recently......(you know who you are.)

And Angie, I will sooooo pray for you and your family to get through this time! (although, you are already one of my special prayer requests at all times!) Hang in, and hang on.

Return to Top
#143092 - 01/26/04 02:21 PM Re: Prayers needed
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
Quote:

And Angie, I will sooooo pray for you and your family to get through this time! (although, you are already one of my special prayer requests at all times!) Hang in, and hang on.

Thanks, Elena. You have no idea how much that helps.

Return to Top
#143093 - 01/28/04 02:42 AM Re: Prayers needed
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
An update to the request I posted last week:

The mother passed away this afternoon. The daughter showed little reaction when she was told. I don't think she really understands death at all. She just continued about her routine like any other day. The family did locate her father, and he has already signed off custody to the aunt.

I appreciate all of your prayers, and please continue to pray for peace and strength for this girl and all of the people caring for her.

Return to Top
#143094 - 01/28/04 04:03 AM Re: Prayers needed
GreatBlue Offline
Diamond Poster
GreatBlue
Colorado
I'm so sorry Jac! I will pray for all of you in this terrible situation. I don't know of course, but I suspect the little girl may realize more than she is letting on. She may just be afraid to show her true feelings in your home. I remember when my grandfather died when I was 9 and I was staying with my other grandparents at the time. For some reason, I felt like it wasn't ok to cry and be sad at their house.

Anyway, I really feel for her, and I'll pray for her.

Return to Top
#143095 - 01/28/04 02:11 PM Re: Prayers needed
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Quote:

An update to the request I posted last week:

The mother passed away this afternoon. The daughter showed little reaction when she was told. I don't think she really understands death at all. She just continued about her routine like any other day. The family did locate her father, and he has already signed off custody to the aunt.

I appreciate all of your prayers, and please continue to pray for peace and strength for this girl and all of the people caring for her.

Oh Jac.. That is so sad, I'm sending strong prayers your way with hopes that the little girl will be OK.

Return to Top
#143096 - 08/21/04 02:11 AM Re: Prayers needed
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
I'm reviving this thread to post an update to the request I posted in January:

Things have taken a very interesting turn for this little girl. Over the past few months, her relationship with her aunt has really soured. I don't want to get into the details of why, so to make a long story short, the aunt called social services last week to say that she doesn't want the girl anymore.

Well, before social services assigns a child to a foster home, they first contact relatives and friends to see if they can arrange placement through people the child already has a relationship with- so they called us. To make another long story short- the child now lives with us (through the foster care program, so social services maintains legal custody.)

This is a big adjustment for everyone involved, and this girl still has a long way to go in her own healing, so any continued prayers you folks could send our way would be much appreciated.

Return to Top
#143097 - 08/21/04 05:44 AM Re: Prayers needed
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I'm reviving this thread to post an update to the request I posted in January:

Things have taken a very interesting turn for this little girl. Over the past few months, her relationship with her aunt has really soured. I don't want to get into the details of why, so to make a long story short, the aunt called social services last week to say that she doesn't want the girl anymore.

Well, before social services assigns a child to a foster home, they first contact relatives and friends to see if they can arrange placement through people the child already has a relationship with- so they called us. To make another long story short- the child now lives with us (through the foster care program, so social services maintains legal custody.)

This is a big adjustment for everyone involved, and this girl still has a long way to go in her own healing, so any continued prayers you folks could send our way would be much appreciated.

Congratulations and may God bless your home. I can't remember which country it was that had an ancient curse of "may you live in interesting times", I believe it was China or Japan. May your life in interesting times be not a curse.

Return to Top
#143098 - 08/23/04 02:39 PM Re: Prayers needed
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

any continued prayers you folks could send our way would be much appreciated.

We are covering you Jac. May God Bless you and your entire family. Extra prayers for this little child who has already endured so much.

Return to Top
#143099 - 08/23/04 06:16 PM Re: Prayers needed
countrygirl Offline
countrygirl
Arkansas
What a true Angel you are. I will be keeping you and your entire family in my thoughts and prayers. How blessed this little girl is to have you in her ife. God bless you and your family.

Return to Top
#143100 - 08/23/04 06:28 PM Re: Prayers needed
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Jac you are a wonderful person. Reading this I wish I was half the person you are. While having a child come to you in these difficult circumstances is trying, the love you'll bring her will help her make it through. Thank you from the world for doing this. Every child needs to be loved.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#143101 - 08/23/04 06:34 PM Re: Prayers needed
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Jac, I am so glad to hear that she is now with truly caring, wonderful people: your family. God bless.

Return to Top
#143102 - 08/24/04 12:48 PM Re: Prayers needed
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Thank you all for the kind words and your continued prayers.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett