Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1432266 - 08/20/10 05:59 PM Risk Based Pricing
VRV Offline
100 Club
The new Risk Based Pricing rules under FCRA take effect January 1, 2011. And I know that there is a section on this topic in the Dodd-Frank Act.

Do I go ahead and prepare to be in compliance with the FCRA January 1 requirements? Or are there impacts from the Dodd-Frank Act that may change what becomes effective January 1 under FCRA?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1432271 - 08/20/10 06:16 PM Re: Risk Based Pricing VRV
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Yes. I would not expect anything but maybe some tweaking if anything as a result of FD...It's just like an interim final rule whereby the FRB reserves the right to expand, etc, after a comment period, but the content in the IFR will apply, regardless, upon the effective date.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1433214 - 08/24/10 02:29 PM Re: Risk Based Pricing RR Joker
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
I'm envious of someone who is caught up enough to already be thinking towards January.

Return to Top
#1457051 - 10/19/10 09:25 PM Re: Risk Based Pricing swiggles
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
I just want to be sure I'm interpresting the Risk Based Pricing correctly. We do NOT request or use credit scores in any of our pricing decisions. Other factors on the credit report may (or may not) influence the pricing, though. Do I need to go crazy trying to conform to the Risk Based Pricing rules or don't they apply in this situation?

Return to Top
#1457067 - 10/19/10 09:55 PM Re: Risk Based Pricing Doug Hendrickson
Ted Dreyer Offline
Diamond Poster
Ted Dreyer
Based upon your post you may (or may not) need to go crazy. The coverage of the rule depends on whether you do risk-based pricing by using a consumer report, it is not limited to just using credit scores.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z